Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Creamy Eye Treatment with AvocadoCreamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.6

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

This eye cream is amazing. It is simple but works. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado is an extremely rich eye cream. As it is so rich, a little goes a long way so the jar will last you a very long time - making it well worth the price ($44AUD for 14ml). It comes in a jar, so you will need to dip your finger into the product, or use a spatula for hygiene purposes. It doesn't have a discernible scent and is suitable for sensitive skin. I find this product extremely hydrating, it leaves my under eye area feeling soft and moist. I also believe it helped reduce the appearance of fine lines, and when using this before makeup, I found my makeup sat much better in my under eye area. I really enjoy this product and would definitely recommend and repurchase. It is worth the hype!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This one is definitely not for me! I found it far too heavy - even though my eye area is quite dry in comparison to the rest of my face. I tried to warm this up between my fingertips before dabbing on as per instructions but it still sat on the top of my skin like an oily film that took at least a couple of hours to sink in. Luckily I don't usually wear eye make up during the day, which is a blessing as I cannot see how anything could go on after using this. Even when using on a night I still found it too heavy and gave up with it. I think this is best suited to dry skin types that require heavy-duty moisture.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/10/2018 9:46:00 AM

Starting with the only positive, it is quite hydrating and feels nice on the skin. However, I was shocked to find that it has 4 kind of parabens PLUS phenoxyethanol among its ingredients.. I mean its 2018!!! Also the jar packaging is very stale (similarly to the ingredients) and unhygienic. Gifted it away because of these factors and bought an eyecream that is in airtight packaging and has no parabens and other nasties in it for half the price.

on 7/3/2018 8:50:00 PM

After finishing one sample in 2 weeks (you need to use very little amount) I asked for another and finished that too and I loved it. You don’t need to use much because very little amount is enough and makes a perfectly smooth and soft touch. The only thing is it is not anti aging but I recommend it!

on 6/5/2018 3:47:00 PM

Finished my favorite scrub and had to purchased it again at Kiehls,they gave me some samples and so i got to try the famous avocado eye cream.I have combination skin,but dry undereyes that will look all crusty under some concealers,nonetheless i don't have in me the patience and dedication to use an eyecream everyday morning and night.I did for a while then got bored and lazy and went back to spread some face cream under there as well and call it a day.
But this eye treatment,omg,i had enough samples to use for almost three weeks,mostly at night and I loved it:my eye area was so moisturized and i was amazed how much well rested I look. To be clear it did nothing for my dark circles,but the undereye looked plump and fresh giving the illusion I wasn't as tired.
I have some lines under my eyes and it seemed the cream kind of weighted down that part,made them look deeper after application so maybe some people may not find suited under makeup,it's quite a heavy treatment. I don't wear makeup daily so I use this morning and night and i began to love the thick paste texture:i dab a few dots under my eyes and wait a minute for my skin to warm it up then continue dabbing on my whole eye area,i also put it on my lips as a night treatment. Can't detect any scent and it takes some minutes to be absorbed,but I didn't have any issues with irritation and as a contact lenses wearer my eyes are uber sensitive.
In the end i went back and bought the full size,so expensive for what it is,a heavy eye moisturizer,but apparently was just what my undereyes needed and i got so used to the routine of dabbing this under my eyes that, when i was done with the samples, I missed it as a part of my skincare.

on 5/30/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I was looking for a moisturising alternative to Shiseido's Benefiance but alas this is not it. I'm glad I got the small tub and will use in conjunction with my Benefiance until it runs out . The formula looks thick and creamy in the package but the texture is weird on my fingers and around my eyes. It feels like a silicone based moisturiser to me and therefore not particularly moisturising. It's just "meh". I've been using since April and have not seen any effect. Maybe one morning I will wake up with the eyes of a new born kitten but until then, it's a nah for me

on 5/30/2018 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin and this cream DOES NOT BUDGE. It stays put and DOES NOT migrate straight into eye to sting all night like most of them do!
Its cooling, creamy and hydrates well. Has avocado oil and shea butter. A tad expensive with 24 Euros for a small tub.

on 5/12/2018 10:38:00 PM

Except for the packaging being cute there's nothing for me love about this product. It's expensive, the cream is more like a pomade and, no matter how long I warm it up between my fingers , it 's still so thick that it pulls and drags my skin so it can be applied. Than it becomes a oil that sits and drips along my wrinkles and it ends up living my undereye and top of my orbital bone dry and my wrinkles also seem worse. I now use it on my elbows and is doing a wonderful job at softening my skin there.

I love this! It works with all my concealers without making them look patchy! It's moisturising and leaves my eye area soft and hydrated. It's rich in texture, that's why I usually rub a bit in between my fingers and then I apply it on my under eyes. I prefer it from the midnight recovery eye cream.

on 4/7/2018 1:43:00 AM

After I came back from a holiday, I noticed dark, tired and dry undereye area. I first tried a drugstore product which badly stings the undereye so I decided to try the Kiehl’s eye cream. It doesn’t sting and I like that it’s a little thick because the water and air where I live dries up my entire face and body. I do my skincare routine right after I shower and I let the products I use sink in first before I do my makeup. It’s very hydrating, it goes well under makeup and I did notice that my undereye area has improved a lot. No more dark circles and dry skin and I noticed that I don’t do too much undereye concealing anymore. If you’re looking for an anti-aging cream though, this may not be the one for you. I’m still halfway through the little pot and I’ve been using it regularly (day and night) for three months now. If you’re unsure, you can always ask for a sample but I highly recommend this eye cream.