Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Creamy Eye Treatment with AvocadoCreamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.6

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 1/20/2019 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8/10

This is a great eye cream for dry skin. It's not the kind of eye cream that will de-puff the eye area, it's intensely moisturising and plumping. I tried the Mario Badescu Olive eye cream and while the texture was lovely, it gave me a rash. This cream has the same texture and does not react badly with my skin.

I knocked a couple of lippies off the packaging because I'd like something other than a plastic screw lid jar, but I understand this is economical.

I would buy this again.

on 11/29/2018 12:52:00 AM

I have very sensitive eyes so the fact that this doesn’t give me “cloudy vision” for a million years after applying means we are off to a good start! The product itself is very thick, then once warmed thins to an almost oil gel hybrid and applies nicely, I DO NOT recommend applying straight from the jar to the eyes and then dispersing like the Kiehls sales assistant advised me to , it is way to much tugging to be doing twice a day to the delicate eye area!!! Instead I warm between ring fingers for s minute and lightly pat , it’s not working wonders in all honesty but it’s a good eye cream .

on 11/26/2018 5:52:00 PM

I used the whole thing to give it a fair shot and it did nothing for me.

This eye cream is amazing. It is simple but works. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado is an extremely rich eye cream. As it is so rich, a little goes a long way so the jar will last you a very long time - making it well worth the price ($44AUD for 14ml). It comes in a jar, so you will need to dip your finger into the product, or use a spatula for hygiene purposes. It doesn't have a discernible scent and is suitable for sensitive skin. I find this product extremely hydrating, it leaves my under eye area feeling soft and moist. I also believe it helped reduce the appearance of fine lines, and when using this before makeup, I found my makeup sat much better in my under eye area. I really enjoy this product and would definitely recommend and repurchase. It is worth the hype!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This one is definitely not for me! I found it far too heavy - even though my eye area is quite dry in comparison to the rest of my face. I tried to warm this up between my fingertips before dabbing on as per instructions but it still sat on the top of my skin like an oily film that took at least a couple of hours to sink in. Luckily I don't usually wear eye make up during the day, which is a blessing as I cannot see how anything could go on after using this. Even when using on a night I still found it too heavy and gave up with it. I think this is best suited to dry skin types that require heavy-duty moisture.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/10/2018 9:46:00 AM

Starting with the only positive, it is quite hydrating and feels nice on the skin. However, I was shocked to find that it has 4 kind of parabens PLUS phenoxyethanol among its ingredients.. I mean its 2018!!! Also the jar packaging is very stale (similarly to the ingredients) and unhygienic. Gifted it away because of these factors and bought an eyecream that is in airtight packaging and has no parabens and other nasties in it for half the price.

on 7/3/2018 8:50:00 PM

After finishing one sample in 2 weeks (you need to use very little amount) I asked for another and finished that too and I loved it. You don’t need to use much because very little amount is enough and makes a perfectly smooth and soft touch. The only thing is it is not anti aging but I recommend it!

on 6/5/2018 3:47:00 PM

I have combination skin with dry undereyes that will look all dry and flaky under some concealers,nonetheless i am too lazy to use an eyecream everyday morning and night.
But this eye treatment,omg,i had enough samples to use for almost three weeks,mostly at night and I loved it:my eye area was so moisturized and i was amazed how rested I look. To be clear it did nothing for my dark circles,but the undereye looked plump and fresh giving the illusion I wasn't as tired.
I have some lines under my eyes and it seemed the cream kind of made them temporarily look deeper just after application,it's quite a heavy treatment and it might not be suited for everyone before makeup. I don't wear makeup daily so I use this morning and night and i began to love the thick paste texture:i dab a few dots under my eyes and wait a minute for my skin to warm it up then continue dabbing on my whole eye area. Can't detect any scent and it takes some minutes to be absorbed,but I didn't have any issues with irritation and as a contact lenses wearer my eyes are uber sensitive.
In the end i went back and bought the full size,so expensive for what it is,a heavy eye moisturizer,but apparently was just what my undereyes needed and i got so used to the routine of dabbing this under my eyes that, when i was done with the samples, I missed it as a part of my skincare.

Edit 24/12/18
Finished the full size days ago and thought I wanted to try again using my face oil and my usual moisturizer as eye treatment too and so I did.For a couple days my under eyes looked awful under concealer,dried and crusty.Went back to Kiehls today and bought it again,applied an unusual generous amount and it got absorbed right away.HG eye cream for me.

on 5/30/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I was looking for a moisturising alternative to Shiseido's Benefiance but alas this is not it. I'm glad I got the small tub and will use in conjunction with my Benefiance until it runs out . The formula looks thick and creamy in the package but the texture is weird on my fingers and around my eyes. It feels like a silicone based moisturiser to me and therefore not particularly moisturising. It's just "meh". I've been using since April and have not seen any effect. Maybe one morning I will wake up with the eyes of a new born kitten but until then, it's a nah for me

on 5/30/2018 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin and this cream DOES NOT BUDGE. It stays put and DOES NOT migrate straight into eye to sting all night like most of them do!
Its cooling, creamy and hydrates well. Has avocado oil and shea butter. A tad expensive with 24 Euros for a small tub.