Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Creamy Eye Treatment with AvocadoCreamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

This eye cream feels luxurious and is highly moisturising. I struggle with dry, sore skin around the eyes in winter and this has been a godsend. I initially thought it to be expensive but with a little working into the skin with your fingers the formula spreads a lot further than you'd expect having seen the thick consistency in the pot. A little does go a long way and a small pot lasted me about 6 months with one daily use. I have just repurchased and will continue to do so. I should note, however, that I am fairly young a lucky with my skin so I don't have visible wrinkles or noticeable dark circles to correct so I'm not sure how well this would work in this respect.

on 1/10/2017 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The skin around my eyes is dry, especially in winter. I have been struggling with my concealer looking patching and not really melting into my skin. Tried this eye cream and it's really amazing for moisture. Love it, and will buy it again. The texture is different and it needs a little time to warm up on the skin and then it's easy to gently pat into the skin. Great under makeup.

on 1/8/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product through my 20s, 30s, 40, 50,s and will buy it into my 60s. I put it on my eyes, my upper lips, and any other over dried area.
A makeup artist told me to put some on just above my blush, on the cheekbone, as i walk out the door. The lights hit the cream and viola, you look so hydrated. It's gorgeous.

i am 18 and i bought this bcs i wear heavy makeup often and my eyes get quite dry after removing all that eyeshadow and waterproof eyeliner!! This makes a great moisturiser. It doesnt do much else as its intended purpose is to moisturise. Only if your problems (puffy eyes, dark circles etc) are caused by dryness will this help in those areas.

on 12/27/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Loaded with parabens! Hard to believe, in this day and age, that a product would continue to include well-known carcinogens! Word to the wise....

on 12/26/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combo/normal skin, but I have very dry lids, in fact they can be painful and itchy in winter. I used to take whatever moisturizer/serum was on my face onto my lids as well and I never had any problems. When I started using stronger rx products at serum stage they were irritating my lids, or spreading to my eyes when I used a gentler moisturiser afterwards. I decided I needed something gentler that I could use on my eye area only.

This product gets rave reviews so I gave it a go. I found that the texture was less creamy than one might expect from the name of it; it's more like an extremely thick water based lotion than a cream. It does feel reassuringly dense, has a light green colour and a faint 'un-perfumed' smell to it. It seemed like it would be perfect but it just wasn't pleasant to use and wasn't moisturizing enough for me. For application, if your skin is the slightest bit wet, the product skips and tugs when you apply. If you tap it in, you don't get the skipping but it seems to sits on top of the skin and not really absorb. It was just a bit disappointing all round.

More problematic than the meh performance, is that this stings my lids. I get the light cooling effect that others describe which is very pleasant but within 10 seconds it is replaced with a painful stinging sensation. I discarded the top layer of product and tried all sorts of applications and persevered for a week to give Kiehl's the botd, but it burns. I even tried using this around my nose and mouth to buffer my retiniod and it stung less but still stung those areas as well. I never noticed repercussions from the unpleasant sensation but none-the-less I'm not finishing the pot and I'd never recommend or repurchase it.

Kiehl's isn't the only brand that does this, but it hacks me off something terrible that is says to use 'on the orbital bone'. If we have makeup designed to go on and removers to get makeup off of our lids - then eye cream should go on lids too. Aging shows first around the eyes - it seems bizarre to use anti-aging ingredients everywhere but your eyes. And so many gurus pull on their lids to apply primer/shadow/liner/lashes and wipe the whole shebang off with wipes/cotton pads. But the same people will gently tap anti-aging cream on their orbital bones to avoid pre-mature aging. I have no patience for such nonsense.

I've found a few good eye creams, La Roche Posay, Clinique, Dr Denis Gross (the fav) and Olay particularly all perfectly moisturizing and no problems caused on the lids. Recently, though I've been using an Estee Lauder face cream around my eyes but apply it before and keep it separate from my more active face products to avoid contamination. I don't find that the dedicated eye creams worked any better than the face cream and the eye creams are far more expensive per use, so I think I'll stick with the face cream for a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Thanks to MUA, once again! My undereye area has been really dry this winter and my usual moisturizer wasn't working, so I came here to research eye creams, looking for deep moisture and lots of positive reviews. This Kiehl's eye treatment with avocado really stood out for me, even though, like many of you, I normally avoid products in jars. Having bought it and tried it, I think that a cream this thick could probably only be packaged in a jar. It's a good thing I did read the reviews, because this stuff is really rich and hard to blend at first, and I would not have believed it would ever settle in, and if it did, that it wouldn't slip all over the place during the day. But after a few minutes, as others have said, it settles in very nicely, and provides seamless moisture all day. I haven't had a bit of irritation, and if I was going to get milia from it, which happens for me with very emollient products sometimes, I think I would have gotten them by now. It's just what I was looking for! Wonderful, instant, lasting moisture. Thanks, everyone!

Ive purchased several of these eyecreams, the reviews are correct when it says this cream is very hydrating. However I developed milia around my eyes so its possible this cream was too hydrating for me. You only need a tiny amount of this so a pot will definitely go a long way.

on 11/16/2016 7:37:00 AM

An amazing eye cream! Soothes and moisturises the eye-area and creates a perfect base for under-eye concealer. The only downside is the jar packaging as it's not the most hygienic, but other than that I have nothing negative to say about this product. Go Kiehl's!

Sooooo....hmmmmm where do I start. This eye cream is moisturizing and doesn't irritate. But I'm not sure it does anything. I have dark circles AND puffiness and I am not sure if it helps either of my problems. It also seems to have a really weird texture.......I will try something else and hold on to this. Maybe it is helping but I can't tell.....