Avene Mineral Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion Face SPF 50+

Avene  Mineral Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion Face SPF 50+

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4 percent (sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 6 percent (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/ C12-22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Trisiloxane, Oleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Alumina, Methicone, Isostearic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride

on 8/7/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the second time i purchase this sunscreen and for me it is a miracle to repurchase something!
I use SS 365 days a year so i try a lot of them and this one is really good for a physical SS.
It is light, no greasy finish but a satin matte one, no white cast and doesn't make me super oily during the day.
No blemishes or allergic reactions and price is ok.

on 7/31/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I experienced an allergic reaction to chemical sunscreens so I immediately went to my local pharmacy drug store and picked up a mineral sunscreen that was recommended on reddit.

This sunscreen gives a white cast, not as terrible as other western sunscreens but my main problem was that it made my face super greasy! Plus I have dry sensitive skin and it made my dry patches even more dry and visible....and not only did it make me look like a giant grease ball but this sunscreen was also expensive! $32 per bottle...

on 5/29/2017 11:24:00 PM

this product is amazing it does not leave a white cast it is hydrating doesn't pill up and is very light . For those of you with sensitive skin don't have to worry about this product breaking you out it's very gentle. PLEASE Try this is you WANT A PHYSICAL SUNSCREEN with minimal white cast. I love it so much I'm just afraid one day this product might get discontinued.

They have a bigger size of this product for the face and body which works just as well except it's more thicker and hydrating but has the exact same properties it's gentle no white cast and great for winter cold weather.

This is amazing if you have sensitive, dry skin and cannot use chemical SPF. I didn't find it to be remotely greasy, just lightly moisturizing, but I can see why people with oily skin might not like it. It's not mattifying.

I was looking forward to trying this as it has many positive reviews, but unfortunately it did not work well for me at all.

It left my face feeling really greasy all day and never 'dried down.' Despite the fact I am really pale (around MAC NW10), I found it created white patches all over my face. It settled into my neck creases and migrated into my eyebrows in little clumps. Not a fetching look ;-)

Positives are that it is really moisturising for me; I have found mineral sunscreens can often be pretty drying, so this is a pleasant change. It also doesn't irritate my skin.

I only used it for a few days and not in strong sun, so I can't comment on how protective it is.

It isn't sold here in the UK, so I had to get it sent from America.

I'm glad I tried it, but needless to say, I will not buy it again.

on 9/4/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For reference, I have sensitive skin that can also be described as combination (some oil in the T-zone) but not extremely oily or extremely dry. I prefer this sunscreen to many I've used in the past, partly because it uses only mineral sunscreen ingredients and no chemical sunscreens. (I like it more than Elta MD Clear SPF 46, which makes me itch.)

PROS:

1) Completely comfortable on my sensitive skin all day. It does not feel greasy or sticky to me. It feels lightweight and soothing.

2) It's lightly hydrating but never heavy or oily.

3) SPF 50 sun protection with only mineral sunscreen ingredients.

4) I like the packaging. The shaker bottle is convenient and hygienic. It's a good size for travel and doesn't leak in my suitcase.

5) No breakouts from this.

CONS:

1) Like most sunscreens containing zinc and titanium dioxide, this has a slight white cast. However, I wear this sunscreen under foundation, so the white cast gets covered and doesn't damper my enthusiasm for the product. Sometimes manufacturers of physical sunscreens add a tint to their lotion to eliminate the white cast, but then the tint may not appeal to everyone.

The price is $28 for 1.3 fluid ounces. This might seem high for those on tight budgets, but it costs less than the Laura Mercier sunscreen I used to wear.

If your skin is very oily or very dry, you might have different needs than I do when it comes to sunscreen and different feelings about Avene Mineral Ultra-Light. But this has been working well for me and I'll definitely repurchase.

INGREDIENTS:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%), Zinc Oxide (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Cross polymer, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/ C12-22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Trisiloxane, Oleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Alumina, Methicone, Isostearic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride

on 7/9/2016 9:00:00 AM

I’ve tried so many sunscreens and discovered that my skin doesn’t respond well to avobenzone and tends to get clogged from zinc oxide so I’ve been using Bioderma Max Lait for years. When this came out I decided to try it because my skin has never reacted badly to an Avene product and I quite like the idea of these fluid sunscreens (the Clarins one is probably my next favourite sunscreen after Bioderma) but they’re often drying. Bioderma’s mineral sunscreen made me look like a Geisha but it didn’t cause any irritation or clogging so I was hopeful this would be the perfect sunscreen I’ve been looking for. Unfortunately my cheeks and chin became congested from it so I’m now using it around my eyes. It’s excellent for eyes because it’s not drying and the slight whitening is not an issue. The small bottle would probably run out quickly using it all over my face but it’s lasting well for eye only use.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands-down the worst sunscreen I have ever used. The only plus is it didn't irritate my sensitive skin, so it got 1 lipstick for that. It starts out innocently, coming out of the tube as a creamy fluid. Then the nightmare begins.

Spreads like Elmers glue. Sticks to all the dry bits, collects in large patches, gets stuck in your eyebrows like bits of cottage cheese. It took me 20 minutes of blending to make this look presentable and not some art project. I had to wipe most of it from around the eyes, eyebrows and hairline.

Final result: Leaves a noticeable white cast. Looks and feels very greasy. Feels wet to the touch, never dries or sinks in the skin. I'll use this up on my neck only, when I go jogging.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Contrary to its name, I do not find this sunscreen to be "ultra-light." For me, it's a bit too thick, heavy and greasy to wear under my makeup during the day. But that is the one and only thing I don't like about it. What's great is that it has no scent, definitely feels "cosmetically elegant" and does not leave a white cast (though that does not seem to be the case for others). The tiny bottle makes it easy to travel with.
If I do continue using it, I will probably have to find a lighter foundation. Otherwise, I'll probably just go back to the comparable (but much-thinner) La Roche Posay Anthelios.

on 10/23/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this to try out because most chemical sunscreens tend to burn my face, and I've been worried about my usual Shiseido sunscreen clogging my pores. I used a dime sized amount of this on my face and it left a garish, super white cast on my skin. I find this really hard to blend into my skin and the white just wouldn't go away. There is also a slight tint in mine but it's pink and weird and made my redness look worse. Imagine a pink ghost. I'm not sure if maybe I'm using too much but sunscreen should be applied liberally.

It also pronounced the flakes on my skin AND made it look oily. Perhaps if my skin was a bit better this would translate to 'dewy' but on my right now it just looked shiny and gross. It was so noticeable I had a sales associate at the drugstore come up to me and try to sell me a bunch of skin products for oily skin…

I'll continue to try this albeit in smaller amounts until I run out/I find something better. Not impressed with how it wears under makeup either.