3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Got it with discount at Walgreens for $3.50 in the shade Buff, which suits my yellow pale skin nicely. The formula is creamy and it provides a medium coverage in my opinion. I don't have a much troubled skin currently (thank god puberty is over and I'm in my mid twenties) but this foundation makes my skin look nicer than it naturally is. I dab it all over my face and blend it with a beauty blender. It doesn't emphasize my pores or my tiny expression lines but it is difficult to blend out. On my combo/oily skin it lasted all day, fading towards the night hours, although to be fair I've been in air conditioned environment most of the time so take that with a grain of salt. No discernable smell for me and great packaging, but I still wouldnt buy at full price.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have VERY dry skin, along with sensitive skin. (It can be rather oily at times too.) I have a lot of trouble finding a foundation that will work with my kind of skin. I've struggled with that since middle school to the point that I just quit with makeup in general. Recently I decided to try makeup again. It's been a flop. I can never find a foundation that doesn't make my T-zone or nose look super flaky, until recently. Nonie Creme Blank Canvas Foundation has been my life saver! It's really light and airy. It has medium coverage. I like that my freckles show through it, but it also evens out the tone of my skin. It stays on my face all day without using a powder. I put it through the test of napping, cuddling with my dog, taking clothing on and off, and other normal everyday things. Not once did it come off of my face! (And it's not deep into my pores.) I can wear it all day without re-applying or have it look gross and cakey. I've gotten compliments ever since I've started wearing this foundation. (I don't use more than two small squirts of the foundation when I apply.) I bought it at Walgreen's when it was 40% off because I'm cheap and a poor college student. I was very skeptical at first. But it's definitely worth the original $15. I would for sure pay that amount for how much good this product does for me. I've been told that you can go cheap with mascara and eyeliner (which I do) but you should spend the most on your foundation because it's what you really see. I haven't yet experienced any negative sides to this product. It smells like any other foundation to me. The porcelain color perfectly matched my skin. I am in love with this product and it has restored my faith in makeup!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

I actually like this foundation! I have sensitive, dry, redness prone skin and this foundation evens out my skintone and provides up to medium coverage while making my skin look polished and not overly made up. My pores disappear with this foundation and it doesn't settle into them as the day goes on. It lasts a full day assuming that you apply a powder to set it. I like to set it with YBF neutralizing powder or the YBF Complexion Perfection loose powder. I have found that applying it with either a beauty blender sponge, Real Techniques blender sponge or an It Cosmetics foundation brush will give the best results. The colors are really beautiful. For reference, I purchased this in Buff and I am fair to light with yellow undertones. The foundation did not oxidize throughout the day and retained its color quite nicely. I did not notice a scent to this foundation and from reading the ingredients, it appears to be fragrance free. Fragranced foundation products tend to irritate and bother my skin and this hasn't happened yet. The foundation feels light on my skin and doesn't dry my skin out either. I do take the time to properly moisturize my skin before application of foundation. I've even tried using this foundation over Nonie Creme's CC Cream and I get an even smoother, poreless look. Overall, I'm pleased with this and would repurchase again.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Smells chemically, no coverage, and did I mention it sme lls funky? Oh lord the bb creme is actually worse! It feels like putting oil on your skin. This founnation I'd overpriced, a dollar store foundation would probably be the equivalent of this. Wet n wild has a better foundation, and that says a lot. Also I don't recommend the blushes by this line they're not pigmented and they're chalky. The only thing I like is the nonie creme nail polishes and lip products. Everything else is teribble.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

I found this at Walgreens and I swatched the testers of these they had on display. I've been looking for a foundation that's light enough for my skin. If mac made an NC05, I would be it. The only foundation that matches me is the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + in the lightest shade, which is my HG foundation for most seasons, but it's too matte for the summer. I was looking for something with a slightly dewy finish and this seemed to dry down to a satin on my hand. The shade 01 porcelain seemed slightly darker than my skin but when you're casper like me you learn to blend blend blend so I bought it to try out. It applies nicely and evenly with a beauty blender, but I noticed it looked more oily than dewy, and stayed extremely tacky throughout the day. Coverage is light/medium to medium, but if you're looking for something to tackle acne spots i'd say this is a no go. After about an hour of wearing this it felt a thick mask suffocating my skin, and when I went back to my car after work and looked in the mirror it had oxidized to a VERY unflattering orange based tan color. Needless to say, this is going back.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

5 years ago

I definitely do NOT recommend this product When I first applied this foundation (about 6:30 am) I noticed how moist it was -which usually isn't a huge problem for me. The coverage was pretty light and the finish was very natural and luminous. Throughout the day I started getting very oily on my forehead and between my brows, which is a typical problem area for me. By 4pm, any coverage was completely gone and I was left with a mask of oil. I then started getting all these random bumps and zits all over my face. My cheeks got very red and I immediately went to return this foundation. This is very strange though because I don't have very sensitive skin. Overall; -very nice packaging -beautiful finish when first applied -maybe a good option for dry skinned girls -great shade range for women of yellow undertones -horrible for anybody with oily skin -does not last at all -not a good option for people with sensitive skin

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is a very new brand -- I believe it came out less than a month ago! Nonie Creme Colour Prevails is only available at Walgreens, Duane Reade, and drugstore.com, and it can be a little hard to track down as they haven't quite finished rolling it out to every store yet. In a Walgreens (where I bought mine), you'll find it right next to the beauty counter, where Jordana is usually kept. The packaging of the whole line is beautiful, as it's all meant to evoke the idea of nature and watercolor. So most bottles will have butterfly wings or flowers on them, and any applicators are meant to be ergonomic versions of paint brushes. This means that their nail polish applicators look very different than your average one! This line is PRICEY for a drugstore one (this foundation cost $15, eyeshadow palettes are $19, and nail polishes are $8), but in comparison to many higher end lines, it's quite fair. This particular foundation comes in a clear glass bottle with floral designs and a white plastic pump. This foundation comes in eight different shades, ranging from 01 Porcelain (a pale yellow) all the way to 08 Ebony (a rich warm chocolate). I have added two swatch photos: One of my own (a single swipe of 01), and one from the ColourPrevails Instagram that has all eight shades on two different arms. For myself, I selected 01 Porcelain. I'm a very pale olive tone, so matching my skin is a never-ending war. 01 is very yellow-toned, which is nice to see in a drugstore! It isn't orangey in the least, and actually matched the paleness of my neck, which even higher end foundations struggle to do. It's very creamy-feeling, and takes a while to set (as it is, I've applied it thirty minutes ago and it still feels tacky). I'd say it's a light-medium coverage, and is buildable. You'll need concealer for any spots, but it covers redness fairly well. There is a very slight smell (kind of reminiscent of soy sauce?) but it dissipates quickly. Beware though -- this foundation does not take kindly to dry or flakey skin. As a Retin-A user, I have both of these issues; my current foundation (Missha Perfect Cover) glides right over these dry areas so they're unnoticeable, but this will cling to any slightly dry area you've got and highlight it ten times. This element alone is enough to make me want to return it, but I want so badly to make it work because the colour match is perfect. I've just put this on about thirty minutes ago. I'll keep it on all day just to see how it holds up to the daily grind, and I will update at the end of the day. UPDATE: It stays put, all right! Unfortunately it gets very greasy-looking, and I had to powder around hour 5 (while normally I don't need to powder at all). Swatches (courtesy of ColourPrevails instagram) http://img.makeupalley.com/5/8/1/7/2751535.PNG My swatch of 01 Porcelain http://img.makeupalley.com/5/8/1/7/2751536.PNG Great colour match (though still not 100%)! http://img.makeupalley.com/5/8/1/7/2751526.PNG Unfortunately… http://img.makeupalley.com/5/8/1/7/2751527.PNG

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm