NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 10/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

i've been using makeup for years, but just recently got into doing my brows routinely a few weeks ago. i've sporadically tried other brow products in the past but never really like the results enough to continue doing it on a daily basis. however, ever since i started using this product, i've been hooked. the fine point on the pencil makes it super easy for a brow novice like me to fill in the sparse tail end of my brows as well as filling in the rest of my brow to make my brows look related to one another. the price point is just right ($9.99 at ulta, but they run NYX deals all the time). it doesn't smudge or fade through my days or 12 hour shifts at work. easy to remove. doesn't cause any breakouts. i'm so happy with this product that i would happily repurchase over and over again.

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

on 9/14/2017 9:11:00 AM

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil! I have it in the shade 'Espresso', which matches nicely my dark brown, cool-toned eyebrows. It's very thin, so you can draw hair-like strokes easily. The consistency is a bit waxy, so you have to use a bit more pressure with it, but it's a long lasting product. I think you get a pretty good amount of product, if you use it more sparingly, only to fill in spots, it will last you a few months (I'm only on my second one, but my first one lasted me three months of using much more than I do now). It's a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but it's definitely worth the price, it's very hard to find good eyebrow pencils at the drugstore.

Must be on my 5th one of these by now, I absolutely love it. I'm very fussy when it comes to eyebrows and I can honestly say this does everything I want in a brow product. You get a decent amount of product for a good price (£8), very easy to use, looks super natural whilst still being pigmented, has a nice buttery texture (I've found some brow pencil/crayons to be quite waxy and drag across the skin, but I've never had that issue with this), and it even has a spoolie at one end so you can easily diffuse the colour if you've been a bit heavy-handed. There is also a good selection of colours - all of which are very natural i.e. warm browns aren't too red. Just a shame my local Boots' stock always runs very low, very quickly on these :( I guess that just shows how good it is.

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THIS STUFF IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PENCIL!!! the chocolate shade is perfect, the consistency is perfect, it stays on FOREVERRR (i struggle to get it off with a makeup wipe at the end of the day, kinda good and bad?) and this pencil has just transformed my eyebrows into looking like they were done professionally. so easy to use too!! doesn't last long for me, lasted about over a month, but i do apply it quite heavily not gonna lie. just try it guys you wont regret it!!

I bought both ash and chocolate for my brown-black brows. Both are waaaay too red/warm toned (don't let the name 'ash' fool you). Unusable. I still can't find a fine pencil that is cool-toned with dark enough but not painted-on-looking color, but L'Oréal brow stylist definer is the closest I've come. I think the color is dark brunette.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

Popular Brows Products