NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this. I have the "taupe" color...it's pretty good, but because it's so slim I was expecting it to be a good pencil to draw individual hairs, but it's not pigmented enough to do that. So in the end there's almost no point of it being so slim.

This is fine if you want to just colour in your eyebrows, but if you want something that looks like microblading, you won't get it with this. The nib is small but not small enough, and within seconds becomes rounded, which makes your strokes thicker. The barrel of the pen twists so that you can move the nib up, but it's quite loose so as you're using it it keeps sinking back inwards. It feels very cheap.

The only useful part if this is the spoolie at the end.

It was the worst product I have ever bought for my brows. Expensive, ineffective, ridiculously small sized. At 11 euros, you can buy better products. The colour fades, the tip breaks and it lasts like a week's use.
My worst purchase ever.
So disappointed

on 1/11/2019 5:47:00 PM

The micro tip on this pencil is awesome. It makes it very easy to get a clean, sharp tail without having to clean it up with concealer. I was using a pomade but I find the pencil much easier, faster, and looks FAR more natural than a pomade.

I paid about $12.50 CAD for the pencil, which is a little expensive in my opinion, but so far it's lasted quite awhile! I use it every day. I do top it with a slightly darker brow gel to define the hairs rather than drawing in hair strokes. Simple and fast! I use the colour taupe, it has a hint of red tone if you use too much/go over an area too many times, but you really don't need to go ham on the application for this to look nice.

Very happy, will likely repurchase :)

on 12/1/2018 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best brow product I have ever used. This pencil is neither too soft nor too hard and it doesn't smudge. The fine tip is great for realistic brow enhancements and comes in a wide range of colours. I always go for black but there are options for everyone here. The spoolie is just right too. A great value product and there really is no need to spend more on a brow pencil.

on 10/31/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love love love this product, I use ash brown and it's the perfect shade for me. I've never splurged on the Anastasia pencil so I can't compare, but for the price and the job it does, I have already purchased 3 times. the only thing I would change is the plastic casing, pretty bad for the environment to keep tossing it in the trash. I also wished they put more product in this since its pretty slender.

on 10/19/2018 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great Dupe for Brow Wiz. The lead is a little harder though. The taupe is pretty close to Brow Wiz, that I feel no need to purchase Brow Wiz any more. Made in Korea, too.

on 10/7/2018 5:22:00 AM

I like the actual product, the strokes are soft and natural and not too harsh.

The reason I wouldn't buy it again though is because I finished it in about two weeks, which is a vert short lasting time for the price. Also the screw/turn mechanism broke pretty quickly so it was impossible to get use of the last few millimeters of pencil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For the price this pencil is 90% as good as the Sephora brand I usually buy at half the price. Will likely keep buying this brand because it’s easier to find and I’m a cheap bastard anymore.

on 8/10/2018 8:57:00 AM

AMAZING! It really helps me sculpt my eyebrows in detail.

Popular Brows Products