NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I did like this product enough to repurchase it. It has a thin end and is quite pigmented. The lids of the brow product, however, are very loose and often will fall off. Also, this is isn't about the brow product but the brand - I was quite annoyed about the increased price.

on 6/17/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This brow pencil is PERFECT for me as I'm lucky enough to not need to pluck/thread/wax my brows but I do need to fill them in just a touch after applying make up. This pencil, being so thin, gives me total control and helps me maintain the natural look that I love. I have it in black and it's not so black that it's visible as a pencil, it just glides on very well and blends into my brow wonderfully. I'm glad I've finally the pencil for me! I can see how it might be trickier for those who need to fill their brows in much more though - would take a long time with a pencil so thin!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.5~!! This has been my HG brow pencil for over a year now since I stopped using Anastasia's Brow Pomade and Brow Wiz! This is a damn good dupe and the price is perfect. I usually use mine daily and it lasts me for a couple months at a time! I use the color Espresso which is a good color match to Anastasia's dark brown! I have yet to find anything comparable (tried Colourpop's new brow pencils and that was a total disaster.) for the price so I'll be sticking with it for a long time c: The only thing I don't really like is that the spooly is kind of firm, but I still use it because it blends out pretty well! I don't set it with powder or anything because I'm a bit lazy, but I can wear this for HOURS (8+) and it won't fade much. I literally just bought another the other day for when my current one runs out :> this'll be my......6th or more replacement haha I love it that much! NYX is definitely a hit or miss for me (9/10 on the miss side if we're gonna be honest...) but this was definitely a HIT!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this bc I loved the NYX skinny chocolate pencil and thought this would be a good replacement with the bonus spoolie. I was confused about the shade range. Really stood in the aisle for a minute comparing espresso, chocolate brunette, medium brown, dark brown...Frustratingly the shades vary from product to product. I bought the chocolate shade, but turns out it is much redder and lighter than the skinny chocolate pencil. This shade problem combined with the stiff formula just didn't work for me. It is so dry and thin, it feels like I'm just scraping my skin and separating the brow hairs instead of drawing lines. If the color payoff is better in a darker shade, It might work, but the chocolate shade was a fail for me. Also the caps are kinda difficult to get off (no wet fingers) and its harder to tell which end goes where. The spoolie cap is shorter, so if you put it on the wrong end you'll smush the tip of the pencil.

on 4/12/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ok so this is a solid product. I have it in black. But this is my thing - it is $10 and I go to NYX to get things that are $6 or less. I might as well buy the Clinique skinny mechanical brow pencil. I will not buy this again but I will use it up.

on 12/18/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Well this product is a good dupe for the ABH brow wiz. It's less than half than the brow wiz and works just as well in my opinion. Cons of this product are the fact the actual product is stiffer than brow wiz so it takes a little longer to blend and... the spooly is better on the brow wiz but... overall this product is great for the price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use this in Espresso (Revlon Colorstay Caramel/soft black eyebrows), though I probably could use Black for a more dramatic look. This gives the most natural yet defined look! The tip is thin and perfect for drawing in realistic brow hairs. The spoolie on the other end is convenient for brushing hairs into place and blending in a pinch. I usually wouldn't pay ten dollars for a brow pencil, but the results are nice enough to justify it. (That is, if I can't catch a sale when I need another one)

Popular Brows Products