NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

3.9

on 11/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Ehhhhh... I hear a lot that this is a dupe for ABH Brow Wiz but I'm not sold. Sure they look identical, but this pencil is a lot harder than the ABH and the color payoff just isn't there for me. I actually prefer the Benefit Precisely My Brow over both this and the Brow Wiz because it's a lot creamier than both but somehow stays put longer but also the product lasts longer. I was using this on clients so as not to spend tons of money on ABH in a bunch of different colors, but I would go through pencils like crazy. If you're on a budget I've actually found the new maybelline brow pencil to have better color payoff, albeit with fewer color choices.

on 11/14/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I took 2 lippies off because it is a bit hard and for the design. The spoolie cap and pencil cap are not the same size....ridiculous! The spoolie cap is much shorter than the cap that goes over the pencil. There is writing on the spoolie cap so you have to remember that. If it wears off you have to guess or actually lay then side by side ....the spoolie cap is shorter. Of course if you mess up..... the spoolie lid crushes your pencil and there isn't that much in these to begin with. I bought 2 and used one up about 3 weeks. But I did play around with it a lot trying to get used to it and the spoolie cap mistake probably ate up 25%. I wonder if that was done on purpose to make you have to repurchase faster.

I purchased this at Walgreens for 10.00 in the color taupe, which is a VERY nice natural looking shade for me. It does have a very fine point and the spoolie on the other end works well BUT...it is kind of hard. It really took some effort to show up but once I used it more it softened up some. It really does create natural hair like strokes and the color is 100% perfect for me. I love Brow Wiz but none of the lighter colors look as natural as this one....... the NXY taupe is perfect for me, I do like the spoolie on Brow Wiz much better BUT the spoolies break off all the time on my Brow Wiz's which is annoying(they really need to fix this issue) This is the closest to Brow Wiz that I have tried. I like Brow Wiz a little better, but it's double the price and the colors are not as good for me

The NYX is not all that cheap for a drugstore item. Around $10.00 but you can catch them on sale. Refills would also be nice. I don't understand why nobody seems to make one that can be refilled instead of having to pay for the entire pencil and spoolie again. Oh wait, they can, they just won't because they can't charge as much and sell new pencils.

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THIS STUFF IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PENCIL!!! the chocolate shade is perfect, the consistency is perfect, it stays on FOREVERRR (i struggle to get it off with a makeup wipe at the end of the day, kinda good and bad?) and this pencil has just transformed my eyebrows into looking like they were done professionally. so easy to use too!! doesn't last long for me, lasted about over a month, but i do apply it quite heavily not gonna lie. just try it guys you wont regret it!!

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 5/4/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would only be good for someone who already has full brows. When applied to the skin, it gets patchy and will ball up. Product would ball up on the tip of the pencil so I had to pick it off. I never had a good brow day with this. The packaging is flimsy and it's difficult to tell which cap goes to which end. I put the wrong cap on the pencil side and smashed the product. The spoolie is too thin and I had trouble trying to rake product through the brows.

Shade ash brown was a perfect match, but it was a pain in the ASS work with. I got so frustrated I threw it in the trash.

Popular Brows Products