NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I did like this product enough to repurchase it. It has a thin end and is quite pigmented. The lids of the brow product, however, are very loose and often will fall off. Also, this is isn't about the brow product but the brand - I was quite annoyed about the increased price.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this bc I loved the NYX skinny chocolate pencil and thought this would be a good replacement with the bonus spoolie. I was confused about the shade range. Really stood in the aisle for a minute comparing espresso, chocolate brunette, medium brown, dark brown...Frustratingly the shades vary from product to product. I bought the chocolate shade, but turns out it is much redder and lighter than the skinny chocolate pencil. This shade problem combined with the stiff formula just didn't work for me. It is so dry and thin, it feels like I'm just scraping my skin and separating the brow hairs instead of drawing lines. If the color payoff is better in a darker shade, It might work, but the chocolate shade was a fail for me. Also the caps are kinda difficult to get off (no wet fingers) and its harder to tell which end goes where. The spoolie cap is shorter, so if you put it on the wrong end you'll smush the tip of the pencil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use this in Espresso (Revlon Colorstay Caramel/soft black eyebrows), though I probably could use Black for a more dramatic look. This gives the most natural yet defined look! The tip is thin and perfect for drawing in realistic brow hairs. The spoolie on the other end is convenient for brushing hairs into place and blending in a pinch. I usually wouldn't pay ten dollars for a brow pencil, but the results are nice enough to justify it. (That is, if I can't catch a sale when I need another one)

Popular Brows Products