NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So far I don’t mind it. I’m not an expert when it comes to brows as in the past I’ve only used Essence brow products but it’s okay, gets the job done. As mentioned by someone else, it does go on the skin near your eyebrow. It gives you quite a natural brow look though, especially after you’ve brushed it out with the handy spoolie they provide. I love how it comes with one and think the product’s minimal exterior is nice. I do have to test it more but I agree there’s not a lot and it doesn’t last long with frequent usage. Shame as it’s pricey. I’ve got mine in black and also, sometimes the pencil doesn’t want to twist out even though there’s still product in there.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brow pencil is my hands-down holy grail. When I had darker hair I would use Brunette, but now that I have orangey-red hair I use Auburn--which is a nice warm medium brown, not too orange and not too cool. The nice thing about this pencil is that it really lasts very well. I've tried a ton of different brow products over the years for my sparse brows and some look great at first but fade or smudge as the day wears on, which is not fun nor is it cute. I can easily get the NYX pencil to last 12+ hours and not need a touchup. I love the fine size of the pencil, because it has definitely made drawing my brows to look more natural a lot easier. I think that it is a little pricey for drugstore, because these are around $10 a pop at most places, but I can get one pencil to last about 3ish weeks or more. The spoolie on the end is nice, it is not too big or too small to be effective. Overall, a great product with a good shade range.

on 11/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Ehhhhh... I hear a lot that this is a dupe for ABH Brow Wiz but I'm not sold. Sure they look identical, but this pencil is a lot harder than the ABH and the color payoff just isn't there for me. I actually prefer the Benefit Precisely My Brow over both this and the Brow Wiz because it's a lot creamier than both but somehow stays put longer but also the product lasts longer. I was using this on clients so as not to spend tons of money on ABH in a bunch of different colors, but I would go through pencils like crazy. If you're on a budget I've actually found the new maybelline brow pencil to have better color payoff, albeit with fewer color choices.

I loved this when I had it and used the second to last shade. I do believe that they should add a brown color that is not that warm tone, to the collection. The formula is definitely comparable to benefit and Anastasia and I like that it has a spulee, but wish the cap was clear so i can see which part is the product and which the spulee.

on 11/15/2017 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love the packaging and that you get a spoolie on the end. The lids do fall off if you travel with it, which is annoying. The pencil is easy to use and control. It's not too stiff and not too soft and blends out well.

I use Ash Brown and it's not super ashy, it's almost a little bit warm. It lasts easily on its own for a full 12 hours even without setting it with a gel. I feel a lot better spending $12 for a brow product rather than the $27 for the same amount of product on a more expensive product. HG status!

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

on 8/14/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Very fine, pigmented, and affordable, my only complaint is that the caps are useless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So I got this because I heard it was a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz and I wanted to try this first. It does what it promises but the point is super thin so it takes a bit longer to fill in. My brow routine is usually as follows:
- fill in the bottom and top of the arch with Anastasia's Brow Pomade and blend out harsh lines
- use Micro Brow pencil to add hair-like strokes to sparse areas that look to flat with just the pomade
- blend, blend, blend!
I did end up getting the Anastasia Brow Pencil to see if I could achieve similar results. I like the Pencil's creamy formula and texture but I prefer this one's thin tip because it is good for areas where I really need to look like hair and not painted on.

Popular Brows Products