NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

purchased in the shade "ash brown" - leans very warm on the skin. not remotely ashen.

very waxy and difficult to blend in to anything natural looking.

well priced alternative for people that want a super bold brow and/or can wear warmer toned brow products.

packaging is decent for the price point.

on 3/17/2018 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The packaging on this product is terrible. I twisted it up to see how much product is inside and it couldn't be twisted back down, so naturally the pencil broke off completely. I've never had this happen on another brow pencil. Good enough reason for me not to repurchase.

on 2/1/2018 12:59:00 AM

Great eyebrow pencil. The point is very small, which helps in filling in the fine hairs, and I like that it comes with a spoolie on the other side. The retractable pencil however always comes with the problem of you can't get the very last bit of it. Also don't think it stays particularly well. I have really oily skin around my eyes so lots of products don't stay on for a long time. P.S. the "chocolate" is a little on the reddish side.

on 1/18/2018 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I repurchased this in blonde - because I found auburn too warm toned and dark (even though I have red hair lol). Blonde is quite warm toned, which may be annoying for actual blondes but works out great for me. Brand new, these pencils can be quite hard and don't give much colour payoff but once used a bit this works great for sparse brows. I use this daily, the spooly is great but sometimes the pencil can snap.

this is a great brow pencil. especially if you are a person who likes to be frugal but still are into makeup. it's a bit hard, which makes it nice because it doesn't deposit too much color at once, making it a bit forgiving. i used to get it in blonde, but it's a bit warm toned, so i switched to taupe and it works better. the blonde brow mascara still looks good over taupe.

on 12/10/2017 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this pencil because it gives a very natural, not drawn on look. The point of the pencil is easy to use, however I find that the pencil doesn't last long at all. It's a great price, but if you have to constantly replace it...............

on 11/21/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Not my first choice for a brow pencil. I heard it was a great dupe for abh pencils too but I also found this to be much much harder, so if you tend to be unintentionally heavy handed with your brows this may be good for you. I like this pencil for traveling- it is easy to use and the color lasts all day. I do have to put a lot of pressure on the pencil to get color on my brows though.

on 11/14/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I took 1 lippie off because it is a bit hard and for the design of the packaging. The spoolie cap and pencil cap are not the same size....ridiculous! The spoolie cap is much shorter than the cap that goes over the pencil. There is writing on the spoolie cap so you have to remember that. If it wears off you have to guess or actually lay them side by side ....the spoolie cap is shorter. Of course if you mess up..... the spoolie lid crushes your pencil and there isn't that much in these to begin with. I bought 2 and used one up about 3 weeks. But I did play around with it a lot trying to get used to it and the spoolie cap mistake probably ate up 25%. I wonder if that was done on purpose to make you have to repurchase faster.

I purchased this at Walgreens for 10.00 in the color taupe, which is a VERY nice natural looking shade for me. It does have a very fine point and the spoolie on the other end works well BUT...it is kind of hard. It really took some effort to show up but once I used it more it softened up some. It really does create natural hair like strokes and the color is 100% perfect for me. I love Brow Wiz but none of the lighter colors look as natural as this one....... the NXY taupe is perfect for me. I do like the spoolie on Brow Wiz much better BUT the spoolies break off all the time on my Brow Wiz's which is annoying(they really need to fix this issue, they have to be aware it exists) This is the closest to Brow Wiz that I have tried. I like Brow Wiz a little better, but it's double the price and the colors are not as good for me

The NYX is not all that cheap for a drugstore item. Around $10.00 but you can catch them on sale. Refills would also be nice. I don't understand why nobody seems to make one that can be refilled instead of having to pay for the entire pencil and spoolie again. Oh wait, they can, they just won't because they can't charge as much and sell new pencils.

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

Must be on my 5th one of these by now, I absolutely love it. I'm very fussy when it comes to eyebrows and I can honestly say this does everything I want in a brow product. You get a decent amount of product for a good price (£8), very easy to use, looks super natural whilst still being pigmented, has a nice buttery texture (I've found some brow pencil/crayons to be quite waxy and drag across the skin, but I've never had that issue with this), and it even has a spoolie at one end so you can easily diffuse the colour if you've been a bit heavy-handed. There is also a good selection of colours - all of which are very natural i.e. warm browns aren't too red. Just a shame my local Boots' stock always runs very low, very quickly on these :( I guess that just shows how good it is.

Popular Brows Products