NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Thin precise brow pencil with a spoolie on the other side. The pencil is a little stiff and waxy but you can easily make hairstroke lines with this. I use this in ash brown for my darkblond brows because the lighter colors (blond and taupe) are not pigmented enough for me and I set it with a tinted brow gel. I repurchased this numerous times already and usually get two at the time because I use them up so quickly and that’s my only con!! It’s also not that cheap in Europe but still cheaper than the Anastassia Brow pencil and these are very similar.

on 6/16/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a slightly darker and micro-version of Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer in the shade Blonde. I have this in Taupe but it is somewhat warmer than most pencils labeled Taupe......nothing extreme. Because I have damaged these types of pencils in the past by ramming the wrong cap onto the pencil, I throw away the cap for the spoolie. It is not as hygienic but better than damage. I also put a dot of WhiteOut on the end of the cap because my eyesight is not so good sans glasses. The pencil is hard and waxy; you do have to press pretty hard to get it on the skin. Like its Maybelline cousin, it does not really put color on the brow hairs, only the skin. It looks fine and, for me, the wear time is average (most of the product stays on most of the day). I have had better performance from cheaper brow pencils that require sharpening so I would not repurchase....but many would like this.

on 5/19/2018 7:58:00 AM

Excellent brow pencil, with the help of the spoolie it gives me a very natural look. I have this in Ash Brown, which is not particularly ashy but it is a good neutral dark brown. I'm on my third pencil and one lasts me several months with everyday use.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As ABHs brow wiz has always been my favorite brow pencil,and the ONLY one small and precise enough to do what's promised,i was HIGHLY shocked at how close NYXs micro brow was to ABHs...i honestly cannot tell a difference other than price and amount of product! If you have used ABH then you know you get very little product,and as much as I use it MIGHT last a week..so NYX only being 6 bucks has saved me TONS and gives me a cpl weeks extra to work with! Love it!!! Only missing a star bc my color needed is in between two,other than that this is an amazing brow pencil!

on 4/26/2018 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I regret purchasing this and am unable to return it now. Believe the other reviewers when they state that this is NOT a dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz. I stupidly decided to buy it anyway. The brow pencil is very hard and waxy, making it impossible to sketch in natural looking brows. I have this in taupe which has too much red in it. Also, this does not last all day, it fades on my brows before the day is half over. And on days, I work out, it disappears immediately.

purchased in the shade "ash brown" - leans very warm on the skin. not remotely ashen.

very waxy and difficult to blend in to anything natural looking.

well priced alternative for people that want a super bold brow and/or can wear warmer toned brow products.

packaging is decent for the price point.

on 3/17/2018 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The packaging on this product is terrible. I twisted it up to see how much product is inside and it couldn't be twisted back down, so naturally the pencil broke off completely. I've never had this happen on another brow pencil. Good enough reason for me not to repurchase.

on 2/1/2018 12:59:00 AM

Great eyebrow pencil. The point is very small, which helps in filling in the fine hairs, and I like that it comes with a spoolie on the other side. The retractable pencil however always comes with the problem of you can't get the very last bit of it. Also don't think it stays particularly well. I have really oily skin around my eyes so lots of products don't stay on for a long time. P.S. the "chocolate" is a little on the reddish side.

on 1/18/2018 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I repurchased this in blonde - because I found auburn too warm toned and dark (even though I have red hair lol). Blonde is quite warm toned, which may be annoying for actual blondes but works out great for me. Brand new, these pencils can be quite hard and don't give much colour payoff but once used a bit this works great for sparse brows. I use this daily, the spooly is great but sometimes the pencil can snap.

this is a great brow pencil. especially if you are a person who likes to be frugal but still are into makeup. it's a bit hard, which makes it nice because it doesn't deposit too much color at once, making it a bit forgiving. i used to get it in blonde, but it's a bit warm toned, so i switched to taupe and it works better. the blonde brow mascara still looks good over taupe.

Popular Brows Products