NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 8/14/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Very fine, pigmented, and affordable, my only complaint is that the caps are useless.

on 2/22/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I haven't tried the anastasia one but this brow pencil is really really good!! The retractable pencil makes it so convenient without having to sharpen it all the time. The spooly at other end helped make my brows look more natural too.

I used this to slightly shape and fill in my brows with light strokes, and the spooly to kind of just brush through my hairs as a final touch. I have pretty long eyebrow hairs so I don't really need much filling in. I just need help with the edges,

This helped a lot and it was quite affordable. However I used it up real fast, about 2 months of daily use. So adding it up might mean it's actually more expensive.

Pros:
Natural looking (but can draw a real defined brow if i want to)
Convenient to use
Affordable (or is it?)
Stays all day on my oily face

Cons:
Used it up in 2 months

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really like this product! The pencil is very thin, which I personally find a must for any brow pencil: it allows you to define and fill in your brows very precisely. I do, however, find the product to be a little bit too soft, making it more prone to smudging. I got it in the wrong color too (which was my own fault. I knew chocolate would be too warm for me, but bought it anyway since the other colors were all sold out), but I would repurchase this in a different shade!

on 10/15/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Really love this brow pencil and have repurchased it countless of times. I even have an extra one in case! It's just like the ABH one, but waaay cheaper. The colour is slightly lighter than the ABH pencil, but lasting power is just as great.

An excellent product, for sure! It's touted as a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, and while I can't vouch for that claim, I can certainly say that I don't feel any desire to purchase the much more expensive product, and that I'm completely satisfied with the result I get from this. While the shades are more limited, I was lucky enough to find a shade that matched me, but I could see how that would be an issue for some others.

My only real complaint with the product is that the caps for the two ends look very similar, so often I find myself getting them mixed up and having the caps fall off in my drawer, which can make a mess. Further, the caps don't feel very secure, so I'm worried about that as a future problem. If it eventually stops staying closed, I will come back to edit my packaging rating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Went through so many of these. Perfect dupe for the ABH brow wiz but half the prize!!

This works great for filling in any sparse patches. I got it when my Anastasia stuff wore out because someone said it's a good dupe and it definitely is but much cheaper. It's now my go to brow pencil.

on 5/21/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the shade Espresso:

This brow pencil is waxy and not well-pigmented. Additionally, the product is very hard to blend. I'll stick to my MAC Eye Brow in Brunette (Anastasia Brow Wiz is not sold in my region).

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this bc I loved the NYX skinny chocolate pencil and thought this would be a good replacement with the bonus spoolie. I was confused about the shade range. Really stood in the aisle for a minute comparing espresso, chocolate brunette, medium brown, dark brown...Frustratingly the shades vary from product to product. I bought the chocolate shade, but turns out it is much redder and lighter than the skinny chocolate pencil. This shade problem combined with the stiff formula just didn't work for me. It is so dry and thin, it feels like I'm just scraping my skin and separating the brow hairs instead of drawing lines. If the color payoff is better in a darker shade, It might work, but the chocolate shade was a fail for me. Also the caps are kinda difficult to get off (no wet fingers) and its harder to tell which end goes where. The spoolie cap is shorter, so if you put it on the wrong end you'll smush the tip of the pencil.

Popular Brows Products