NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So far I don’t mind it. I’m not an expert when it comes to brows as in the past I’ve only used Essence brow products but it’s okay, gets the job done. As mentioned by someone else, it does go on the skin near your eyebrow. It gives you quite a natural brow look though, especially after you’ve brushed it out with the handy spoolie they provide. I love how it comes with one and think the product’s minimal exterior is nice. I do have to test it more but I agree there’s not a lot and it doesn’t last long with frequent usage. Shame as it’s pricey. I’ve got mine in black and also, sometimes the pencil doesn’t want to twist out even though there’s still product in there.

on 12/30/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this pencil in ash brown, but I find it to have a surprisingly warm tone to it. Most of the line seems to be warm toned; however, though my brow colour is cooler, I can somehow get it to work.
I love using this in my brows especially on days when I'm running late, since it's so easy to fill in my brows and keep them looking natural but shapely.

My one complaint is that there doesn't seem to be that much product, and I feel like I'm frequently having to re-purchase this product, even when using it sparingly in my brows though on the daily.

However, I still keep buying it so I think that says something.

Overall, really like this product.

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

on 2/16/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite brow pencil! I just bought my 4th one today. It doesn't go on too dark, and it is super small, so it's perfect for when you outline your eyebrows and do small strokes to fill them in. I have ash brown and it looks very natural. The only reason that i gave it 4/5 is because it runs out pretty fast in my opinion, other than that it works very well and i think i will continue to rebuy.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone compares this to the ABH Brow Wiz. I never tried "The Wiz" before so got this because it's so much cheaper. I think this brow pencil is just okay.

My go to brow product is NYX brow gel in the color Chocolate. I love it. It's perfect but it takes time to use. I wanted a pencil to use on days I don't have a lot of time. I purchased the color Chocolate in Micro Brow and it's not the same match as the brow gel, bummer. Chocolate in Micro Brow is much more warmer and has a red tint to it. The color is passable on me now because I currently have very warm caramel colored brown hair.

I guess the biggest disappointment is the texture of this pencil. it's very waxy and hard. It seems to take longer to achieve a look with this than with the darn brow gel. It goes on patchy and I constantly need to use the spoolie end to blend it in. Omg, it requires so much blending to make my brows look natural. I have hardly any brows so it's a pain to try to draw them on. The previous pencil I was using was Maybelline Define A Brow and that one is a lot better and easier to work with.

The packaging is kind of flimsy as well. The wand wiggles around a bit and it's not sturdy/cheaply made.

Overall, I will keep this and use it up instead of tossing it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 4/12/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ok so this is a solid product. I have it in black. But this is my thing - it is $10 and I go to NYX to get things that are $6 or less. I might as well buy the Clinique skinny mechanical brow pencil. I will not buy this again but I will use it up.

on 1/26/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product! I was always afraid or using pencils because I have oily skin and I was scared that it would melt off but this stuff STAYS put all day. It is EXACTLY if not better than the ABH brow wiz. It leaves a natural look and my brows do not look painted on as they can look with tinted waxes. The product is dense I think that helps create that natural look and I use the spoolie attached to brush them out. It is so easy and so fast. I have black hair but I prefer my brows to look brown and I use the shade 05 Ash Brown and it is PERFECTION. I need to go buy back ups soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This performs just as good as high end pencils for half the price. There are several colors to choose from, not to soft that it breaks and not to hard that it can't be softened with the spoolie. Highly recommended product!

Popular Brows Products