NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

on 2/16/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite brow pencil! I just bought my 4th one today. It doesn't go on too dark, and it is super small, so it's perfect for when you outline your eyebrows and do small strokes to fill them in. I have ash brown and it looks very natural. The only reason that i gave it 4/5 is because it runs out pretty fast in my opinion, other than that it works very well and i think i will continue to rebuy.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone compares this to the ABH Brow Wiz. I never tried "The Wiz" before so got this because it's so much cheaper. I think this brow pencil is just okay.

My go to brow product is NYX brow gel in the color Chocolate. I love it. It's perfect but it takes time to use. I wanted a pencil to use on days I don't have a lot of time. I purchased the color Chocolate in Micro Brow and it's not the same match as the brow gel, bummer. Chocolate in Micro Brow is much more warmer and has a red tint to it. The color is passable on me now because I currently have very warm caramel colored brown hair.

I guess the biggest disappointment is the texture of this pencil. it's very waxy and hard. It seems to take longer to achieve a look with this than with the darn brow gel. It goes on patchy and I constantly need to use the spoolie end to blend it in. Omg, it requires so much blending to make my brows look natural. I have hardly any brows so it's a pain to try to draw them on. The previous pencil I was using was Maybelline Define A Brow and that one is a lot better and easier to work with.

The packaging is kind of flimsy as well. The wand wiggles around a bit and it's not sturdy/cheaply made.

Overall, I will keep this and use it up instead of tossing it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 4/12/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ok so this is a solid product. I have it in black. But this is my thing - it is $10 and I go to NYX to get things that are $6 or less. I might as well buy the Clinique skinny mechanical brow pencil. I will not buy this again but I will use it up.

on 1/26/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product! I was always afraid or using pencils because I have oily skin and I was scared that it would melt off but this stuff STAYS put all day. It is EXACTLY if not better than the ABH brow wiz. It leaves a natural look and my brows do not look painted on as they can look with tinted waxes. The product is dense I think that helps create that natural look and I use the spoolie attached to brush them out. It is so easy and so fast. I have black hair but I prefer my brows to look brown and I use the shade 05 Ash Brown and it is PERFECTION. I need to go buy back ups soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This performs just as good as high end pencils for half the price. There are several colors to choose from, not to soft that it breaks and not to hard that it can't be softened with the spoolie. Highly recommended product!

Popular Brows Products