NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.2

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THIS STUFF IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PENCIL!!! the chocolate shade is perfect, the consistency is perfect, it stays on FOREVERRR (i struggle to get it off with a makeup wipe at the end of the day, kinda good and bad?) and this pencil has just transformed my eyebrows into looking like they were done professionally. so easy to use too!! doesn't last long for me, lasted about over a month, but i do apply it quite heavily not gonna lie. just try it guys you wont regret it!!

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

on 3/16/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this in Taupe and I can honestly say it's as good as ABH. It's soft and smooth to apply and lasts all day. What more can you want at such a good price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG brow product. I have probably repurchased this more than any other makeup product I own. I am a BROWS girl. I always have my brows done and I always want them perfect. This is the absolute best product for me and you cannot beat the price. I used to use the Anastasia Brow Wiz and I like this better. I have light brown hair/dark blonde and I use the shade Ash Brown. I have tried Taupe, but it is a little too light for me. Will repurchase as long as it is on the market =)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

GREAT product. I've purchased this more than 10 times.

My dealbreaker and why I hate it now? It lasts me a total of 3 weeks when used daily (I didn't even use that much!!)

Horrible. Had to buy 10 only because a normal eyebrow pencil I wouldve had to repurchase like 5 times as opposed to 10... deal. Breaker.

on 11/20/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The reason I bought the NYX Microbrow Pencil is because the Anastasia Beverly Hills pencils were too warm-toned for my eyebrows. I use the NYX color ash brown, which is a closer match.

Comparison to the Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) pencil

Packaging: The NYX pencil has better packaging. The ABH tip with the brush broke after 20 or so uses.

Wear time: The wear time of ABH is longer. The NYX pencil formula lasts about 6 hours then starts to fade quickly. I have found the ABH pencil to last all day (10+ hours).

Formula: The formulas are very similar, but the ABH applies more smoothly. I found the NYX pencil to get a little clumpy.

Colors: The ABH line has almost all neutral and warm toned pencils. The NYX line offers more cool toned options.

on 11/6/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what color do y'all have.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best dupe for the ABH brow wiz!!!!

I personally don't use this as much as I use my Dip Brow, but this pencil is perfect for natural makeup looks. The self sharpening tip is fantastic, and the spoolie on the end is very high quality.

I'm very impressed!!!!!