NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.5

on 8/3/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this brow pencil, falls to my top three after ABH Brow Wiz and LA Girl Slim Shady Brow. My shade is "Black", and it blends perfectly with natural brow hair and skin tone. It glides and fills my brows smoothly and great on shaping my brows. But what falls this to number three is the waxy texture that I get that is more from the LA Girl one, also the pigmentation packs a bit less than ABH or LA Girl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

So many shades and great performance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Its quite close of a product to the Anastasia Brow Wiz (faded a tad quicker imo). I have this one in the shade taupe and its perfect for the start of the eyebrow for me, and fade it out with a darker pencil.

Prior to using this, I was using Maybelline Define A Brow which was my favorite. But I heard people raving about this and saying it was comparable to Anastasia Brow Wiz (whiz, sp?) so I had to try it. It is now my new favorite. It is not as soft as the Define A Brow so I find that it breaks less therefore wasting less product. I think it may be a dollar or so more than the Define A Brow but since I haven't had it break on me yet, I'm not wasting product so I will pay an extra dollar for that. I haven't used the spoolie because I use another brush that has a brow brush and spoolie at the other end. I use this pencil and then use the NYX Brow Cake powder to fill them in so I have a more natural look. Voila! Perfect brows!!

on 12/13/2016 11:47:00 AM

OK so i just bought both the brow wiz from Anastasia and the micro brow and I honestly regret that I bought the brow wiz,it is not worth the price I prefer the micro brow as it is just a tad cremier whilst the brow wiz is more on the drier side so it is a bit more difficult to work with. I bought both in the shade taupe and the brow wiz is a bit more cooler and the micro brow a bit warmer but still workable. I will continue to buy this one from now on.

Not impressed.

on 8/14/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'd been using ABH's brow pomade for a good while before buying this, and initially I wasn't very fond of this brow pencil. The more I used it though, the more I came to like it. I haven't tried ABH's brow wiz, so I can't compare the two, but this pencil is very fine and gives a good amount of control and precision. Initially I found the pencil to be a terribly stiff in consistency, and not quite as pigmented that I would like it to be, but after getting used to it I didn't mind it as much. The slightly limited pigmentation and hardness of the pencil makes for a quicker application than the pomade (since you can be a bit more crude and careless and still not end up with crazy brows), though not as quick as using the classic manual brow pen/pencil. The same order goes for results: the pomade is the best, this pencil performs second best, and the manual pen/pencil the "worst" out of the bunch.

I picked this up in blonde, and let me tell you: NYX's blonde is the furthest away from ABH's blonde. Where ABH blonde shade is really cool toned, NYX's blonde is almost a reddish colour. For me, that's not necessarily a problem since I have quite a lot of red hues in my hair currently, but it may be misleading for both true blonds and bottle blondes.

+ The price - again, I've not tried ABH's brow wiz, but with how much more affordable this product is, I'm not sure I will
+ Great precision
+ No need for sharpening - can I get a hallelujah?
+ More natural-looking brows (compared to the regular brow pen/pencil)

- The shade is much, much warmer than I'd expect from a product labeled blonde
- Could definitely be a little more creamy and pigmented
- The packaging feels pretty cheap - the lid doesn't even click into place properly

on 7/30/2016 2:27:00 PM

Background: I'm finally (yes, at almost 40) learning how to properly groom, shape, and fill my eyebrows. I used to have them professionally waxed, but I can't do that anymore since starting tretinoin. I also have autoimmune issues, so my brows decide to spontaneously fall out every now and again and become very sparse, patchy, and virtually nonexistent on the outer ends. I wear very minimal makeup, and I want very natural looking brows, not heavy ones. I feel like it's harder to find products for filling in natural looking brows than it is to fill them in with a heavier hand. My hair is dirty blonde with hints of red and it gets lighter in the summer and darker in the winter, yet my brows are dark brown without any red. Translation: I have a hard time finding an acceptable color. I've tried Anastasia brow powder in light/ash blonde and like it a lot. I've also tried E.L.F. pencils, kits and other powders with varying success. I feel like whatever I use is either too dark for my pale complexion or pulls too red. If I do find something I like, it doesn't last all day and I end up with patchy brows again.

I picked up the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in taupe yesterday at CVS and used a coupon, so it was very affordable. The first thing I noticed was how thin the tip is. Since one of my goals is to attempt draw what look like tiny hairs back on where my brows are missing, this is perfect! E.L.F. pencils are too thick to do this and I haven't been able to find a way to do this with powder yet. The second thing I liked was the color. It's not red at all. It's a nice, soft brown. It seems like it almost has to warm up a little bit before the color will deposit (this may also be because it's brand new), but once it does, I'm able to make tiny little marks that resemble hairs. I filled in the sparse areas without looking like I have hard, thick lines and the result was the softest, most natural brow that I've done yet. I like the fact that the pencil comes with a spool brush so I have everything I need in one product. I find the pencil to be rather long, which is beneficial for me since I'm still learning how to properly shape my brows. I can use it as a guide for where my brows should start, end, and where the arch should be. I'll update my review if I find that it doesn't wear well. I applied this as a test before working outside in heat and humidity and it still looks great, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm also curious to see how long the pencil lasts with daily use.

Others have complained about the caps being similar, but to me that's not an issue. One has writing on it, so I just remember which side that's for. I may even ditch the cap on the brush altogether so there's no confusion at all.

All in all, I'm thrilled that I finally got this. It's a great price (especially with coupons), easy to find locally, and a great color match. I definitely plan to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hands down the best brow pencil I've ever used. Definitely the same as Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz but less than half the price (ABH ~19-21€ | NYX 8.99€). I have the shade Ash Brown and unlike some reviewers, I haven't had the problem of it being too red. The colour is a cool but natural tone and matches my fair skin and dirty blonde hair perfectly. The tip of the pencil makes a very fine line and because of the creamy formula, applies smoothly and evenly. I've found my HG brow pencil and unless they discontinue it, I won't be buying anything else.

Popular Brows Products