NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.2

on 11/21/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Not my first choice for a brow pencil. I heard it was a great dupe for abh pencils too but I also found this to be much much harder, so if you tend to be unintentionally heavy handed with your brows this may be good for you. I like this pencil for traveling- it is easy to use and the color lasts all day. I do have to put a lot of pressure on the pencil to get color on my brows though.

on 11/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Ehhhhh... I hear a lot that this is a dupe for ABH Brow Wiz but I'm not sold. Sure they look identical, but this pencil is a lot harder than the ABH and the color payoff just isn't there for me. I actually prefer the Benefit Precisely My Brow over both this and the Brow Wiz because it's a lot creamier than both but somehow stays put longer but also the product lasts longer. I was using this on clients so as not to spend tons of money on ABH in a bunch of different colors, but I would go through pencils like crazy. If you're on a budget I've actually found the new maybelline brow pencil to have better color payoff, albeit with fewer color choices.

I loved this when I had it and used the second to last shade. I do believe that they should add a brown color that is not that warm tone, to the collection. The formula is definitely comparable to benefit and Anastasia and I like that it has a spulee, but wish the cap was clear so i can see which part is the product and which the spulee.

on 11/15/2017 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love the packaging and that you get a spoolie on the end. The lids do fall off if you travel with it, which is annoying. The pencil is easy to use and control. It's not too stiff and not too soft and blends out well.

I use Ash Brown and it's not super ashy, it's almost a little bit warm. It lasts easily on its own for a full 12 hours even without setting it with a gel. I feel a lot better spending $12 for a brow product rather than the $27 for the same amount of product on a more expensive product. HG status!

on 11/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

I cant say anything more than has already been said in regards to quality, lasting power, color (I use taupe and I find it to be a nice tone) and cost. It is a great brow pencil.

My only complaint is with packaging! I love the included spoolie (it is a nice, full spoolie), but I do not like that the lids are not interchangable! I constantly stick the spoolie lid on the pencil end and it just short enough to smash the pencil down. Not a deal breaker by any means, just an observation!

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

Must be on my 5th one of these by now, I absolutely love it. I'm very fussy when it comes to eyebrows and I can honestly say this does everything I want in a brow product. You get a decent amount of product for a good price (£8), very easy to use, looks super natural whilst still being pigmented, has a nice buttery texture (I've found some brow pencil/crayons to be quite waxy and drag across the skin, but I've never had that issue with this), and it even has a spoolie at one end so you can easily diffuse the colour if you've been a bit heavy-handed. There is also a good selection of colours - all of which are very natural i.e. warm browns aren't too red. Just a shame my local Boots' stock always runs very low, very quickly on these :( I guess that just shows how good it is.

on 8/10/2017 5:00:00 PM

Really great eyebrow pencil thats amazing for filling in and precision work.
A lot of colors to choose from, not waxy and also not too dry. Liked it enough to repurchase, although it's around 13$ wish it was a little more affordable considering the size.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So I got this because I heard it was a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz and I wanted to try this first. It does what it promises but the point is super thin so it takes a bit longer to fill in. My brow routine is usually as follows:
- fill in the bottom and top of the arch with Anastasia's Brow Pomade and blend out harsh lines
- use Micro Brow pencil to add hair-like strokes to sparse areas that look to flat with just the pomade
- blend, blend, blend!
I did end up getting the Anastasia Brow Pencil to see if I could achieve similar results. I like the Pencil's creamy formula and texture but I prefer this one's thin tip because it is good for areas where I really need to look like hair and not painted on.

Popular Brows Products