NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.2

on 1/11/2019 5:47:00 PM

The micro tip on this pencil is awesome. It makes it very easy to get a clean, sharp tail without having to clean it up with concealer. I was using a pomade but I find the pencil much easier, faster, and looks FAR more natural than a pomade.

I paid about $12.50 CAD for the pencil, which is a little expensive in my opinion, but so far it's lasted quite awhile! I use it every day. I do top it with a slightly darker brow gel to define the hairs rather than drawing in hair strokes. Simple and fast! I use the colour taupe, it has a hint of red tone if you use too much/go over an area too many times, but you really don't need to go ham on the application for this to look nice.

Very happy, will likely repurchase :)

on 12/1/2018 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best brow product I have ever used. This pencil is neither too soft nor too hard and it doesn't smudge. The fine tip is great for realistic brow enhancements and comes in a wide range of colours. I always go for black but there are options for everyone here. The spoolie is just right too. A great value product and there really is no need to spend more on a brow pencil.

on 10/7/2018 5:22:00 AM

I like the actual product, the strokes are soft and natural and not too harsh.

The reason I wouldn't buy it again though is because I finished it in about two weeks, which is a vert short lasting time for the price. Also the screw/turn mechanism broke pretty quickly so it was impossible to get use of the last few millimeters of pencil.

on 8/10/2018 8:57:00 AM

AMAZING! It really helps me sculpt my eyebrows in detail.

on 5/19/2018 7:58:00 AM

Excellent brow pencil, with the help of the spoolie it gives me a very natural look. I have this in Ash Brown, which is not particularly ashy but it is a good neutral dark brown. I'm on my third pencil and one lasts me several months with everyday use.

on 4/26/2018 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have both the Anastasia Brow Wiz and this NYX micro brow pencil in the color taupe. Many reviewers have commented that this NYX product is a dupe for Brow Wiz and I have to agree. The performance of both brow pencils is similar. They both have a hard pigmented waxy feel to them. The taupe colors are a bit different. The Brow Wiz taupe is more golden toned whereas the NYX micro brow taupe is more orange toned. NYX micro brow is easy to use and lasts all day on me. I really like the attached spoolie and find it useful.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brow pencil is my hands-down holy grail. When I had darker hair I would use Brunette, but now that I have orangey-red hair I use Auburn--which is a nice warm medium brown, not too orange and not too cool. The nice thing about this pencil is that it really lasts very well. I've tried a ton of different brow products over the years for my sparse brows and some look great at first but fade or smudge as the day wears on, which is not fun nor is it cute. I can easily get the NYX pencil to last 12+ hours and not need a touchup. I love the fine size of the pencil, because it has definitely made drawing my brows to look more natural a lot easier. I think that it is a little pricey for drugstore, because these are around $10 a pop at most places, but I can get one pencil to last about 3ish weeks or more. The spoolie on the end is nice, it is not too big or too small to be effective. Overall, a great product with a good shade range.

purchased in the shade "ash brown" - leans very warm on the skin. not remotely ashen.

very waxy and difficult to blend in to anything natural looking.

well priced alternative for people that want a super bold brow and/or can wear warmer toned brow products.

packaging is decent for the price point.

I have it in black, I love it. It’s not super pigmented but I love that coz it gives a natural look.

on 2/1/2018 12:59:00 AM

Great eyebrow pencil. The point is very small, which helps in filling in the fine hairs, and I like that it comes with a spoolie on the other side. The retractable pencil however always comes with the problem of you can't get the very last bit of it. Also don't think it stays particularly well. I have really oily skin around my eyes so lots of products don't stay on for a long time. P.S. the "chocolate" is a little on the reddish side.

Popular Brows Products