NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

3.9

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

So far, I really like this product! It is very easy to apply and does not feel weird on the eyebrows. I used to love wearing the brow pencils' from Smashbox but I do not believe in spending $30 on eye brow products. I believe this could be a dupe for the Smashbox pencils as well. I look forward to using this product everyday!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 5/4/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would only be good for someone who already has full brows. When applied to the skin, it gets patchy and will ball up. Product would ball up on the tip of the pencil so I had to pick it off. I never had a good brow day with this. The packaging is flimsy and it's difficult to tell which cap goes to which end. I put the wrong cap on the pencil side and smashed the product. The spoolie is too thin and I had trouble trying to rake product through the brows.

Shade ash brown was a perfect match, but it was a pain in the ASS work with. I got so frustrated I threw it in the trash.

Bought this as I was told it was a dupe for Anastasia but it's just awful I started to notice my eyebrows would get these itchy bumps after I had started using this so I'm not sure why that happened but they were definitely caused by a reaction to this pencil I don't get those types of sore spots since i was a teen! Especially not on the brow area. Pencil is super waxy & doesn't last at all and like others have said way too warm. Brunette has an almost orangey tone to it.

Back to using Anastasia. A shame as I would have loved this to be a cheap dupe for high end.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't understand the hype surrounding this brow pencil. I think it's one of the worst I've ever used and is in no way a dupe for the brow wiz. First of all the color range is warm toned, which makes my slightly cool toned eyebrows look very unnatural in sunlight. The formula is also pretty dry and I find that it doesn't go on smoothly, but rather skips when I apply it. But worst of all, it transfers, fades, and doesn't even stay on throughout the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Among all the steps in my makeup routine, brows tend to be an afterthought for me (of course, I'd never run around with naked, unfilled ones though... yikes), and the NYX Micro Brow pencil is perfect for my low-maintenance needs. Just a few minutes using this pencil topped off with brow gel and you've got natural, yet shapely eyebrows. It is a tad bit hard texture-wise, but once you get used to it, you can fill your brows in evenly. I actually found pressing too firmly with the pencil is what results in a patchy finish. You have to use light strokes and build it up. All in all, I would definitely recommend this product for everyone!

on 7/5/2016 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Terribly disappointed, this was hard and dry! It wouldn't even swatch on my wrist. I returned it.

on 6/20/2016 1:06:00 AM

This is a great product, and a great dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. It applies very natural and I can get a very subtle or dramatic brow look with this. It's a good consistency, and lasts all day on my brows. This is great for anyone who doesn't want to splurge on the Anastasia version. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Popular Brows Products