NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Thin precise brow pencil with a spoolie on the other side. The pencil is a little stiff and waxy but you can easily make hairstroke lines with this. I use this in ash brown for my darkblond brows because the lighter colors (blond and taupe) are not pigmented enough for me and I set it with a tinted brow gel. I repurchased this numerous times already and usually get two at the time because I use them up so quickly and that’s my only con!! It’s also not that cheap in Europe but still cheaper than the Anastassia Brow pencil and these are very similar.

on 5/15/2018 8:04:00 AM

I’ve bought this pencil in shade “ash brown” - some of the reviews for this shade said that the undertone is warm or not ashy at all,but for me it works brilliant - exactly what i wanted. i’ve been looking for a good eyebrow pencil and none works like this one for me. i’ve been always using brow pomades (benefit kabrow is all time fav!) and it’s not that easy to create something soft and natural looking with these pomades and this pencil is exactly what i was looking for. it lasts all day, it’s not too creamy and it’s really easy to work with. there is 0,9g of product so i think that if you’re going to use this a bit heavy-handed,you’ll need to repurchase really soon.

on 1/21/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eye brow pencil I have tried! Gets a clean precise line, good on its own or brushed out for a more natural look. Love the double sided ends with brush attached. Stays on a long time. Great quality for drug store price! Highly recommend!

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you may like this shade, but it is slightly more reddish than ashy IMO. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.
Edit: I downgraded this to 3 lippies and no repurchase. With daily use and being careful not to press too hard and break the tip, it still only lasted maybe 6 weeks. It is hard to apply and the spoolie cracked and broke from literally nothing. A Lancome Crayon Poudre in Taupe costs $30.00, offers almost exactly the same shade but lasts more than a year with daily use. Yes, less precision, but easier to apply, doesn't constantly break, looks just as good and actually saves a lot of money.

So far, I really like this product! It is very easy to apply and does not feel weird on the eyebrows. I used to love wearing the brow pencils' from Smashbox but I do not believe in spending $30 on eye brow products. I believe this could be a dupe for the Smashbox pencils as well. I look forward to using this product everyday!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 5/4/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would only be good for someone who already has full brows. When applied to the skin, it gets patchy and will ball up. Product would ball up on the tip of the pencil so I had to pick it off. I never had a good brow day with this. The packaging is flimsy and it's difficult to tell which cap goes to which end. I put the wrong cap on the pencil side and smashed the product. The spoolie is too thin and I had trouble trying to rake product through the brows.

Shade ash brown was a perfect match, but it was a pain in the ASS work with. I got so frustrated I threw it in the trash.

Bought this as I was told it was a dupe for Anastasia but it's just awful I started to notice my eyebrows would get these itchy bumps after I had started using this so I'm not sure why that happened but they were definitely caused by a reaction to this pencil I don't get those types of sore spots since i was a teen! Especially not on the brow area. Pencil is super waxy & doesn't last at all and like others have said way too warm. Brunette has an almost orangey tone to it.

Back to using Anastasia. A shame as I would have loved this to be a cheap dupe for high end.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't understand the hype surrounding this brow pencil. I think it's one of the worst I've ever used and is in no way a dupe for the brow wiz. First of all the color range is warm toned, which makes my slightly cool toned eyebrows look very unnatural in sunlight. The formula is also pretty dry and I find that it doesn't go on smoothly, but rather skips when I apply it. But worst of all, it transfers, fades, and doesn't even stay on throughout the day.

Popular Brows Products