NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by skin type : Other
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

3.2

I bought both ash and chocolate for my brown-black brows. Both are waaaay too red/warm toned (don't let the name 'ash' fool you). Unusable. I still can't find a fine pencil that is cool-toned with dark enough but not painted-on-looking color, but L'Oréal brow stylist definer is the closest I've come. I think the color is dark brunette.

on 10/7/2016 1:10:00 PM

I wasnt impressed with this product. Even though I heard it was a dupe for the ABH I found it to be too soft and the color was off. Its also $12 at my CVS , I just returned it and went back to ABH pencil, my tried and true

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a much cheaper alternative to Anastasias brow wiz ($10 vs $24) as I go through brow pencils very quickly. My hair is a very dark brown and I use the color espresso which works just fine for me. Ive repurchased several times.

I love this brow pencil! I heard that it was a good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. And since I'm broke, I thought it would be a good choice. So I buyed it, and I love it! You get what you pay for, if not more. But the only bad thing about the brow pencil is that the packaging is too small, there's a really small amount of product!! :(( It took me like 2 weeks before I used it up.

i have both this and ABH brow wiz, and i certainly prefer the latter despite the high price. the micro brow is a close dupe packaging wise, but the color and formulation aren't. most of their colors (even the ones they tout as ash/cool) pull red on me, not a good look on really sparse, asian brows. the consistency/smoothness of application is not as good as the brow wiz either. the micro brow felt too dry/grainy on application.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I read that this was an Anastasia dupe, but I'm not so sure.

PROS:
--price

CONS:
--having trouble finding a shade without red tones
--harder pencil than the Brow Whiz....have to push harder, without much luck
--read that it doesn't last as long as the Brow Whiz....fades after a few hours

UPDATE: I went back to Ulta to check out the swatches. I need a dark color that has NO red tones. ALL of the browns have a red tone EXCEPT for black. So, I bought black. Since I have to push hard for the color to show, I was able to get a dark/ashy brow without looking too harsh. If it lasts all day, I just MIGHT have found my Anastasia dupe. I'll update.

Popular Brows Products