NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 10/11/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in taupe and it is way to warm to be called taupe. It is also a bit dry and I have quite dense eyebrows so I need a product that will stick to the skin in between my brow hairs - if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's useless as I'm definitely gonna finish it, but I'm pretty sure that there's way better brow pencils out there.

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

on 9/14/2017 9:11:00 AM

This is my favorite eyebrow pencil! I have it in the shade 'Espresso', which matches nicely my dark brown, cool-toned eyebrows. It's very thin, so you can draw hair-like strokes easily. The consistency is a bit waxy, so you have to use a bit more pressure with it, but it's a long lasting product. I think you get a pretty good amount of product, if you use it more sparingly, only to fill in spots, it will last you a few months (I'm only on my second one, but my first one lasted me three months of using much more than I do now). It's a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but it's definitely worth the price, it's very hard to find good eyebrow pencils at the drugstore.

Must be on my 5th one of these by now, I absolutely love it. I'm very fussy when it comes to eyebrows and I can honestly say this does everything I want in a brow product. You get a decent amount of product for a good price (£8), very easy to use, looks super natural whilst still being pigmented, has a nice buttery texture (I've found some brow pencil/crayons to be quite waxy and drag across the skin, but I've never had that issue with this), and it even has a spoolie at one end so you can easily diffuse the colour if you've been a bit heavy-handed. There is also a good selection of colours - all of which are very natural i.e. warm browns aren't too red. Just a shame my local Boots' stock always runs very low, very quickly on these :( I guess that just shows how good it is.

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

So many shades and great performance

I'm giving this product 4 lipsticks out of 5 because the colour is fantastic. I am a copper redhead and bought Auburn.
The price, £8, is shocking for how long this product lasts. I wouldn't know how else you are suppose to use it apart from being the main applicant for yoru eyebrow colour. I purchased this last Tuesday and I ran out on Sunday. 5 DAYS. What on earth is that about?! I was so gutted, as I have finally found a colour which matches so well with my hair colour, but I can't afford to basically pay for 4 rounds of the stuff every months so that I can use it every day. I really was so shocked at how little of the product there is in there. If I get another one, I'll have to use my Anastacia pomade to outline and then fill with this pencil. That's still going to be using ''a lot'' of it, though.
Hopefully NYX will pull their socks up and realise they are charging way too much for the quantity, should be more like £3 with lasting just under a week. Not sure if I'll be buying again for a while.

Popular Brows Products