NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 10/7/2018 5:22:00 AM

I like the actual product, the strokes are soft and natural and not too harsh.

The reason I wouldn't buy it again though is because I finished it in about two weeks, which is a vert short lasting time for the price. Also the screw/turn mechanism broke pretty quickly so it was impossible to get use of the last few millimeters of pencil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For the price this pencil is 90% as good as the Sephora brand I usually buy at half the price. Will likely keep buying this brand because it’s easier to find and I’m a cheap bastard anymore.

At one point I was putting our the money for MAC's eyebrow pencil until a friend recommended this and since I'm such a fan of NYX products I didn't hesitate. Boy, was I kicking myself for all that $$ wasted on the MAC pencil when this was pretty much the same product. I got the shade Auburn and only stopped using this when the new Mayebelline tinted brow pen recently came out. It has a micro fine tip that allows you to draw short, natural looking hair like strokes to fill in brows then use the spoolie end to blend the pencil into the brows. This allowed such precise application that the only other product i needed for brows was the NYX brow wax stick just to hold them in place for the day. I highly recommend to anyone putting out cash on high end brow pencils to give this a try...it'll save you money that you can splurge on something else!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So far I don’t mind it. I’m not an expert when it comes to brows as in the past I’ve only used Essence brow products but it’s okay, gets the job done. As mentioned by someone else, it does go on the skin near your eyebrow. It gives you quite a natural brow look though, especially after you’ve brushed it out with the handy spoolie they provide. I love how it comes with one and think the product’s minimal exterior is nice. I do have to test it more but I agree there’s not a lot and it doesn’t last long with frequent usage. Shame as it’s pricey. I’ve got mine in black and also, sometimes the pencil doesn’t want to twist out even though there’s still product in there.

on 5/15/2018 8:04:00 AM

I’ve bought this pencil in shade “ash brown” - some of the reviews for this shade said that the undertone is warm or not ashy at all,but for me it works brilliant - exactly what i wanted. i’ve been looking for a good eyebrow pencil and none works like this one for me. i’ve been always using brow pomades (benefit kabrow is all time fav!) and it’s not that easy to create something soft and natural looking with these pomades and this pencil is exactly what i was looking for. it lasts all day, it’s not too creamy and it’s really easy to work with. there is 0,9g of product so i think that if you’re going to use this a bit heavy-handed,you’ll need to repurchase really soon.

on 4/26/2018 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have both the Anastasia Brow Wiz and this NYX micro brow pencil in the color taupe. Many reviewers have commented that this NYX product is a dupe for Brow Wiz and I have to agree. The performance of both brow pencils is similar. They both have a hard pigmented waxy feel to them. The taupe colors are a bit different. The Brow Wiz taupe is more golden toned whereas the NYX micro brow taupe is more orange toned. NYX micro brow is easy to use and lasts all day on me. I really like the attached spoolie and find it useful.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brow pencil is my hands-down holy grail. When I had darker hair I would use Brunette, but now that I have orangey-red hair I use Auburn--which is a nice warm medium brown, not too orange and not too cool. The nice thing about this pencil is that it really lasts very well. I've tried a ton of different brow products over the years for my sparse brows and some look great at first but fade or smudge as the day wears on, which is not fun nor is it cute. I can easily get the NYX pencil to last 12+ hours and not need a touchup. I love the fine size of the pencil, because it has definitely made drawing my brows to look more natural a lot easier. I think that it is a little pricey for drugstore, because these are around $10 a pop at most places, but I can get one pencil to last about 3ish weeks or more. The spoolie on the end is nice, it is not too big or too small to be effective. Overall, a great product with a good shade range.

on 3/28/2018 10:16:00 AM

I love this! Not too thick and creamy, and it makes my brows look natural and too bold like I want them to be! I have in the colour taupe and it is perfect! I have also noticed that the pencil actually does not break quite easily as other brow pencils such as Maybelline and Anastasia. I love this and it is definitely worth the price!
Another thing that I like about this, is that it lasts for a long time and it is not expensive at all!

purchased in the shade "ash brown" - leans very warm on the skin. not remotely ashen.

very waxy and difficult to blend in to anything natural looking.

well priced alternative for people that want a super bold brow and/or can wear warmer toned brow products.

packaging is decent for the price point.

on 3/17/2018 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The packaging on this product is terrible. I twisted it up to see how much product is inside and it couldn't be twisted back down, so naturally the pencil broke off completely. I've never had this happen on another brow pencil. Good enough reason for me not to repurchase.

Popular Brows Products