NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.3

Bought this as I was told it was a dupe for Anastasia but it's just awful I started to notice my eyebrows would get these itchy bumps after I had started using this so I'm not sure why that happened but they were definitely caused by a reaction to this pencil I don't get those types of sore spots since i was a teen! Especially not on the brow area. Pencil is super waxy & doesn't last at all and like others have said way too warm. Brunette has an almost orangey tone to it.

Back to using Anastasia. A shame as I would have loved this to be a cheap dupe for high end.

on 11/16/2016 2:15:00 AM

ok, I LOVE NYX BUT...THIS PENCIL leaves something to be desired for sure. I'm not even that harsh of a critic but I purchased this is Blonde, at CVS. Upon opening it...I thought "wow this is gonna be great" um no. its so waxy, it hardly left any trace of product and I completely disliked it. this is the first NYX product I've returned. awful.

I have it in black, I love it. It’s not super pigmented but I love that coz it gives a natural look.

on 10/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

i've been using makeup for years, but just recently got into doing my brows routinely a few weeks ago. i've sporadically tried other brow products in the past but never really like the results enough to continue doing it on a daily basis. however, ever since i started using this product, i've been hooked. the fine point on the pencil makes it super easy for a brow novice like me to fill in the sparse tail end of my brows as well as filling in the rest of my brow to make my brows look related to one another. the price point is just right ($9.99 at ulta, but they run NYX deals all the time). it doesn't smudge or fade through my days or 12 hour shifts at work. easy to remove. doesn't cause any breakouts. would repurchase.
**EDIT 7/2018: since trying ABH brow wiz, i won't be repurchasing this NYX microbrow pencil. i much prefer the ABH brow wiz, but would still recommend this for those on a budget or are just starting out doing their brows. continued >>

on 1/30/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up in "espresso" and I usually use Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony. It has a red tint to it which I find to be common in NYX brow products and annoying. However it isn't too bad and I like how quickly I can fill my brows in, the formula needs touching up due to my oily skin but I think I could solve that with brow gel, but I can just use the brow wiz and buy only one product for longer wear. I would potentially buy this again, it's not bad but I will definitely buy it in "black" next time cuz I severely dislike the red tint in espresso.

***Edit: I bought this pencil again in black just for curiosity sake. It matches "Brow Wiz" in Ebony almost perfectly. It's more of a dark brown neutral shade vs being actually black. I'd bump my rating up half a star if I could, there's no red in this pencil whatsoever.

on 1/21/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eye brow pencil I have tried! Gets a clean precise line, good on its own or brushed out for a more natural look. Love the double sided ends with brush attached. Stays on a long time. Great quality for drug store price! Highly recommend!

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

Prior to using this, I was using Maybelline Define A Brow which was my favorite. But I heard people raving about this and saying it was comparable to Anastasia Brow Wiz (whiz, sp?) so I had to try it. It is now my new favorite. It is not as soft as the Define A Brow so I find that it breaks less therefore wasting less product. I think it may be a dollar or so more than the Define A Brow but since I haven't had it break on me yet, I'm not wasting product so I will pay an extra dollar for that. I haven't used the spoolie because I use another brush that has a brow brush and spoolie at the other end. I use this pencil and then use the NYX Brow Cake powder to fill them in so I have a more natural look. Voila! Perfect brows!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This pencil is vey similar to Anastasia Beverley Hills wiz brow. Goes on smooth and the finish is great! Very happy that this was a good find.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG brow pencil! I love it! it's a dupe to the ABH brow wiz, which I've tried both. I like them both, but have been continuously buying the NYX because it's $10 cheaper and works the same. I like that it's thin & it's a retractable liner. I like that it has a spooley or mascara wand on the other end. If you use both simultaneously, be aware of the cap sizes! the wand side is shorter than the liner side!

Popular Brows Products