NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 3/19/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've tried a lot of eyebrow pencils over the years and none of them ever worked for me, but then I found this brow pencil!! It's so slim and easy to work with, the fact that it comes with it's own brow brush is amazing as well, fills in my brows without making them look super unnatural.
Only drawback is that I got the shade 'espresso' which is a little bit too warm for me, it doesn't make a huge difference but when I run out I will definitely make sure I get a more ashy tone!

on 3/19/2017 5:34:00 AM

Great product. I'm not a big fan of Instagram-style eyebrows on myself, much preferring a natural look. This product goes on really well and stays put. It is very easy to control, so I do not have to worry too much about it looking heavy-handed. Plus, the price makes it extremely accessible.

My main gripe is that it does seem to last very little. I do use it daily so I do not know if this is because of my daily usage or if this is a common problem.

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

on 3/16/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this in Taupe and I can honestly say it's as good as ABH. It's soft and smooth to apply and lasts all day. What more can you want at such a good price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Its quite close of a product to the Anastasia Brow Wiz (faded a tad quicker imo). I have this one in the shade taupe and its perfect for the start of the eyebrow for me, and fade it out with a darker pencil.

on 3/4/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Picked this up on sale a few days ago and after a few uses I can confirm I love this product. It blends in really nicely with my dark eyebrow hairs without looking harsh, the spoolie on the end is great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG brow product. I have probably repurchased this more than any other makeup product I own. I am a BROWS girl. I always have my brows done and I always want them perfect. This is the absolute best product for me and you cannot beat the price. I used to use the Anastasia Brow Wiz and I like this better. I have light brown hair/dark blonde and I use the shade Ash Brown. I have tried Taupe, but it is a little too light for me. Will repurchase as long as it is on the market =)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't understand the hype surrounding this brow pencil. I think it's one of the worst I've ever used and is in no way a dupe for the brow wiz. First of all the color range is warm toned, which makes my slightly cool toned eyebrows look very unnatural in sunlight. The formula is also pretty dry and I find that it doesn't go on smoothly, but rather skips when I apply it. But worst of all, it transfers, fades, and doesn't even stay on throughout the day.

on 2/22/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I haven't tried the anastasia one but this brow pencil is really really good!! The retractable pencil makes it so convenient without having to sharpen it all the time. The spooly at other end helped make my brows look more natural too.

I used this to slightly shape and fill in my brows with light strokes, and the spooly to kind of just brush through my hairs as a final touch. I have pretty long eyebrow hairs so I don't really need much filling in. I just need help with the edges,

This helped a lot and it was quite affordable. However I used it up real fast, about 2 months of daily use. So adding it up might mean it's actually more expensive.

Pros:
Natural looking (but can draw a real defined brow if i want to)
Convenient to use
Affordable (or is it?)
Stays all day on my oily face

Cons:
Used it up in 2 months

on 2/16/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite brow pencil! I just bought my 4th one today. It doesn't go on too dark, and it is super small, so it's perfect for when you outline your eyebrows and do small strokes to fill them in. I have ash brown and it looks very natural. The only reason that i gave it 4/5 is because it runs out pretty fast in my opinion, other than that it works very well and i think i will continue to rebuy.

Popular Brows Products