NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

3.4

on 10/19/2018 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great Dupe for Brow Wiz. The lead is a little harder though. The taupe is pretty close to Brow Wiz, that I feel no need to purchase Brow Wiz any more. Made in Korea, too.

on 6/16/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a slightly darker and micro-version of Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer in the shade Blonde. I have this in Taupe but it is somewhat warmer than most pencils labeled Taupe......nothing extreme. Because I have damaged these types of pencils in the past by ramming the wrong cap onto the pencil, I throw away the cap for the spoolie. It is not as hygienic but better than damage. I also put a dot of WhiteOut on the end of the cap because my eyesight is not so good sans glasses. The pencil is hard and waxy; you do have to press pretty hard to get it on the skin. Like its Maybelline cousin, it does not really put color on the brow hairs, only the skin. It looks fine and, for me, the wear time is average (most of the product stays on most of the day). I have had better performance from cheaper brow pencils that require sharpening so I would not repurchase....but many would like this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This seems to be a dupe of the Anastasia one. Sephora had one in their brand, too. My complaint about theirs was that the color stick ran out too fast and the price was too high in my opinion. I tried other products for brows but could not get the precision necessary or the means to make the brows look natural. This does it all. So I found it at Ulta and this time I was smart, I used my coupon and bought two. A word to the wise also, if you like a product and it works well for you-buy a back-up, in case your favorite item becomes discontinued.

on 6/30/2016 9:04:00 AM

I bought the Blonde after hearing raves about this product. However, I can't use it. It is SO hard that it drags like crazy across my brows. And it is so lightly pigmented that I can't see it even if I press hard. This product is too difficult to use. I don't have time for this crap. It's going back to Ulta.

on 2/7/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Brunette as an inexpensive alternative to Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, well the good is the texture, application and fine point are almost identical. Now for the bad and it's the color, as many on this site have written, the color is very warm as in reddish under tones, well for that matter up, over OR under. I use my pencils as an outline and then fill in with Armani Brow Maestro, which written about voluminously, as I love that. But back to NYX, if you want warm tones or use the pencil to sketch your outline then I think it's fine, but by itself it is a no-go. Isn't it a shame that the quality, texture and size are perfect....yet why oh why can't NYX get it right ?? So back to $21 Anastasia for me.

Popular Brows Products