NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

3.7

on 12/10/2017 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this pencil because it gives a very natural, not drawn on look. The point of the pencil is easy to use, however I find that the pencil doesn't last long at all. It's a great price, but if you have to constantly replace it...............

on 11/14/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I took 2 lippies off because it is a bit hard and for the design. The spoolie cap and pencil cap are not the same size....ridiculous! The spoolie cap is much shorter than the cap that goes over the pencil. There is writing on the spoolie cap so you have to remember that. If it wears off you have to guess or actually lay then side by side ....the spoolie cap is shorter. Of course if you mess up..... the spoolie lid crushes your pencil and there isn't that much in these to begin with. I bought 2 and used one up about 3 weeks. But I did play around with it a lot trying to get used to it and the spoolie cap mistake probably ate up 25%. I wonder if that was done on purpose to make you have to repurchase faster.

I purchased this at Walgreens for 10.00 in the color taupe, which is a VERY nice natural looking shade for me. It does have a very fine point and the spoolie on the other end works well BUT...it is kind of hard. It really took some effort to show up but once I used it more it softened up some. It really does create natural hair like strokes and the color is 100% perfect for me. I love Brow Wiz but none of the lighter colors look as natural as this one....... the NXY taupe is perfect for me, I do like the spoolie on Brow Wiz much better BUT the spoolies break off all the time on my Brow Wiz's which is annoying(they really need to fix this issue) This is the closest to Brow Wiz that I have tried. I like Brow Wiz a little better, but it's double the price and the colors are not as good for me

The NYX is not all that cheap for a drugstore item. Around $10.00 but you can catch them on sale. Refills would also be nice. I don't understand why nobody seems to make one that can be refilled instead of having to pay for the entire pencil and spoolie again. Oh wait, they can, they just won't because they can't charge as much and sell new pencils.

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

I bought both ash and chocolate for my brown-black brows. Both are waaaay too red/warm toned (don't let the name 'ash' fool you). Unusable. I still can't find a fine pencil that is cool-toned with dark enough but not painted-on-looking color, but L'Oréal brow stylist definer is the closest I've come. I think the color is dark brunette.

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

excellent dupe for Anastasia brow Wiz and at less than $10 its great. ive gone thru 2 of these and am not sure if its because i use it daily of there really isnt that much product in the retractable pencil side.
i use Brunette wc is a great match for my NC25 dk hair and eyes complexion. tried Espresso and it was too dark for ym taste.
would definitely recommend and buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 3/16/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this in Taupe and I can honestly say it's as good as ABH. It's soft and smooth to apply and lasts all day. What more can you want at such a good price.

on 10/7/2016 1:10:00 PM

I wasnt impressed with this product. Even though I heard it was a dupe for the ABH I found it to be too soft and the color was off. Its also $12 at my CVS , I just returned it and went back to ABH pencil, my tried and true

on 7/5/2016 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Terribly disappointed, this was hard and dry! It wouldn't even swatch on my wrist. I returned it.

Popular Brows Products