NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

3.7

on 10/12/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good dupe for highend pencils like that of ABH or benefit. If you can find a color match it's a good value. The pencil seems to last longer than the L'Oreal or Maybelline pencils. I wish the caps were interchangeable though.

I bought both ash and chocolate for my brown-black brows. Both are waaaay too red/warm toned (don't let the name 'ash' fool you). Unusable. I still can't find a fine pencil that is cool-toned with dark enough but not painted-on-looking color, but L'Oréal brow stylist definer is the closest I've come. I think the color is dark brunette.

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

excellent dupe for Anastasia brow Wiz and at less than $10 its great. ive gone thru 2 of these and am not sure if its because i use it daily of there really isnt that much product in the retractable pencil side.
i use Brunette wc is a great match for my NC25 dk hair and eyes complexion. tried Espresso and it was too dark for ym taste.
would definitely recommend and buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 3/16/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this in Taupe and I can honestly say it's as good as ABH. It's soft and smooth to apply and lasts all day. What more can you want at such a good price.

on 12/30/2016 10:57:00 PM

Review is for NYX micro brow pencil..I have used at least 8-10 different brow pencils, from Anastassia BH, Essence, Rimmel, MAC etc...for the price and quality, the NYX is my favorite. For half the price, I think it works close to as well as ABH brow wiz. I still use ABH pomade pot a few times a week, but I use NYX browgel and NYX micro pencil a lot more. It is simple to go natural with the application, or build a dramatic brow if you choose. They have a great color selection, and for $10 its a winner.

on 10/7/2016 1:10:00 PM

I wasnt impressed with this product. Even though I heard it was a dupe for the ABH I found it to be too soft and the color was off. Its also $12 at my CVS , I just returned it and went back to ABH pencil, my tried and true

on 7/5/2016 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Terribly disappointed, this was hard and dry! It wouldn't even swatch on my wrist. I returned it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was shocked at the small amount of product/short time this lasted. The auburn was way too red. The micro part is nice but not as smooth and creamy as abh. The best drugstore dupe for abh right now is the new L'Oréal, but unfortunately no auburn. I will stick with abh.

Popular Brows Products