NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by age: 36-43
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

on 5/19/2018 7:58:00 AM

Excellent brow pencil, with the help of the spoolie it gives me a very natural look. I have this in Ash Brown, which is not particularly ashy but it is a good neutral dark brown. I'm on my third pencil and one lasts me several months with everyday use.

purchased in the shade "ash brown" - leans very warm on the skin. not remotely ashen.

very waxy and difficult to blend in to anything natural looking.

well priced alternative for people that want a super bold brow and/or can wear warmer toned brow products.

packaging is decent for the price point.

This is a lifesaver! I have sparse brows and was previously using a pomade that was pretty good but could be clumpy. This is so easy to use and natural looking. I️ use ash brown and my hair is light to medium brown.

on 11/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

I cant say anything more than has already been said in regards to quality, lasting power, color (I use taupe and I find it to be a nice tone) and cost. It is a great brow pencil.

My only complaint is with packaging! I love the included spoolie (it is a nice, full spoolie), but I do not like that the lids are not interchangable! I constantly stick the spoolie lid on the pencil end and it just short enough to smash the pencil down. Not a deal breaker by any means, just an observation!

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you may like this shade, but it is slightly more reddish than ashy IMO. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.
Edit: I downgraded this to 3 lippies and no repurchase. With daily use and being careful not to press too hard and break the tip, it still only lasted maybe 6 weeks. It is hard to apply and the spoolie cracked and broke from literally nothing. A Lancome Crayon Poudre in Taupe costs $30.00, offers almost exactly the same shade but lasts more than a year with daily use. Yes, less precision, but easier to apply, doesn't constantly break, looks just as good and actually saves a lot of money.

on 4/4/2017 1:06:00 PM

I really struggle with eyebrow products, I'm very dark but always seem to end up with comedy eyebrows no matter what I use. This is amazing! My brows are defined but not ridiculous looking, just perfect. I purchased the brunette colour. I will definitely be repurchasing this and also be praying they never discontinue it!

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

Not impressed.