NYX Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

on 4/4/2017 1:06:00 PM

I really struggle with eyebrow products, I'm very dark but always seem to end up with comedy eyebrows no matter what I use. This is amazing! My brows are defined but not ridiculous looking, just perfect. I purchased the brunette colour. I will definitely be repurchasing this and also be praying they never discontinue it!

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

Not impressed.

I usually use MACs eye brow pencil in Lingering. This is a very good alternative for me, less pigmented but very precise in perfecting the brow line and filling in gaps. It has a firm consistency and gives you a clean but natural line. It's very convenient as you can do your eyebrows in a snap. Highly recommend this pencil as a drugstore alternative for MACs pencils.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone compares this to the ABH Brow Wiz. I never tried "The Wiz" before so got this because it's so much cheaper. I think this brow pencil is just okay.

My go to brow product is NYX brow gel in the color Chocolate. I love it. It's perfect but it takes time to use. I wanted a pencil to use on days I don't have a lot of time. I purchased the color Chocolate in Micro Brow and it's not the same match as the brow gel, bummer. Chocolate in Micro Brow is much more warmer and has a red tint to it. The color is passable on me now because I currently have very warm caramel colored brown hair.

I guess the biggest disappointment is the texture of this pencil. it's very waxy and hard. It seems to take longer to achieve a look with this than with the darn brow gel. It goes on patchy and I constantly need to use the spoolie end to blend it in. Omg, it requires so much blending to make my brows look natural. I have hardly any brows so it's a pain to try to draw them on. The previous pencil I was using was Maybelline Define A Brow and that one is a lot better and easier to work with.

The packaging is kind of flimsy as well. The wand wiggles around a bit and it's not sturdy/cheaply made.

Overall, I will keep this and use it up instead of tossing it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 8/1/2016 6:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is indeed a fantastic, cheaper version of Anastasia's brow wiz. I won't go back to the brow wiz after using this one. I have it in taupe, which is perfect for my light brown brows. It applies evenly and lasts all day. I can't fault it.

on 7/30/2016 2:27:00 PM

Background: I'm finally (yes, at almost 40) learning how to properly groom, shape, and fill my eyebrows. I used to have them professionally waxed, but I can't do that anymore since starting tretinoin. I also have autoimmune issues, so my brows decide to spontaneously fall out every now and again and become very sparse, patchy, and virtually nonexistent on the outer ends. I wear very minimal makeup, and I want very natural looking brows, not heavy ones. I feel like it's harder to find products for filling in natural looking brows than it is to fill them in with a heavier hand. My hair is dirty blonde with hints of red and it gets lighter in the summer and darker in the winter, yet my brows are dark brown without any red. Translation: I have a hard time finding an acceptable color. I've tried Anastasia brow powder in light/ash blonde and like it a lot. I've also tried E.L.F. pencils, kits and other powders with varying success. I feel like whatever I use is either too dark for my pale complexion or pulls too red. If I do find something I like, it doesn't last all day and I end up with patchy brows again.

I picked up the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in taupe yesterday at CVS and used a coupon, so it was very affordable. The first thing I noticed was how thin the tip is. Since one of my goals is to attempt draw what look like tiny hairs back on where my brows are missing, this is perfect! E.L.F. pencils are too thick to do this and I haven't been able to find a way to do this with powder yet. The second thing I liked was the color. It's not red at all. It's a nice, soft brown. It seems like it almost has to warm up a little bit before the color will deposit (this may also be because it's brand new), but once it does, I'm able to make tiny little marks that resemble hairs. I filled in the sparse areas without looking like I have hard, thick lines and the result was the softest, most natural brow that I've done yet. I like the fact that the pencil comes with a spool brush so I have everything I need in one product. I find the pencil to be rather long, which is beneficial for me since I'm still learning how to properly shape my brows. I can use it as a guide for where my brows should start, end, and where the arch should be. I'll update my review if I find that it doesn't wear well. I applied this as a test before working outside in heat and humidity and it still looks great, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm also curious to see how long the pencil lasts with daily use.

Others have complained about the caps being similar, but to me that's not an issue. One has writing on it, so I just remember which side that's for. I may even ditch the cap on the brush altogether so there's no confusion at all.

All in all, I'm thrilled that I finally got this. It's a great price (especially with coupons), easy to find locally, and a great color match. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 7/23/2016 12:11:00 PM

Ppl say this is a dupe for Anastasia Brow wiz, so I got this, in my shade Ash Brown(Expresso was out of stock! Damn!). Ash Brown appears dark ash brown on me whilst Brunette appeared too red brown on me. Anyways, I love Ash Brown so much! The slim skinny pencil is easy to handle therefore precise when drawing. The spoolie brush is a bonus! Yay!!!

Tip: I normally apply Bobbi Brown Saddle eyeshadow with a slant tip brush first then outline/fill in with this baby. Then i go over with NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Expresso to hold the shape. Bam! Then I apply some concealer below the arches and above the brows. Oh wow!! Its then crazy accentuated!! Try this trick. Get the tutorials from kylie snapchat, for ref. I will def re-purchase but next is going to be 'Expresso'. This is dirt cheap compared to Anastasia. The packaging is simple. I also like that is it retractable so I don't need a sharpener. So many plus points. I highly recommend. It lasts a good 6 hours then fades so i just tame with brow mascara, again. But its just my oily skin in humid weather. I cant blame the product. I say buy

Popular Brows Products