NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by age: 36-43
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

This is a lifesaver! I have sparse brows and was previously using a pomade that was pretty good but could be clumpy. This is so easy to use and natural looking. I️ use ash brown and my hair is light to medium brown.

on 11/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

I cant say anything more than has already been said in regards to quality, lasting power, color (I use taupe and I find it to be a nice tone) and cost. It is a great brow pencil.

My only complaint is with packaging! I love the included spoolie (it is a nice, full spoolie), but I do not like that the lids are not interchangable! I constantly stick the spoolie lid on the pencil end and it just short enough to smash the pencil down. Not a deal breaker by any means, just an observation!

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you will probably like this shade. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.

on 4/4/2017 1:06:00 PM

I really struggle with eyebrow products, I'm very dark but always seem to end up with comedy eyebrows no matter what I use. This is amazing! My brows are defined but not ridiculous looking, just perfect. I purchased the brunette colour. I will definitely be repurchasing this and also be praying they never discontinue it!

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

Not impressed.

I usually use MACs eye brow pencil in Lingering. This is a very good alternative for me, less pigmented but very precise in perfecting the brow line and filling in gaps. It has a firm consistency and gives you a clean but natural line. It's very convenient as you can do your eyebrows in a snap. Highly recommend this pencil as a drugstore alternative for MACs pencils.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone compares this to the ABH Brow Wiz. I never tried "The Wiz" before so got this because it's so much cheaper. I think this brow pencil is just okay.

My go to brow product is NYX brow gel in the color Chocolate. I love it. It's perfect but it takes time to use. I wanted a pencil to use on days I don't have a lot of time. I purchased the color Chocolate in Micro Brow and it's not the same match as the brow gel, bummer. Chocolate in Micro Brow is much more warmer and has a red tint to it. The color is passable on me now because I currently have very warm caramel colored brown hair.

I guess the biggest disappointment is the texture of this pencil. it's very waxy and hard. It seems to take longer to achieve a look with this than with the darn brow gel. It goes on patchy and I constantly need to use the spoolie end to blend it in. Omg, it requires so much blending to make my brows look natural. I have hardly any brows so it's a pain to try to draw them on. The previous pencil I was using was Maybelline Define A Brow and that one is a lot better and easier to work with.

The packaging is kind of flimsy as well. The wand wiggles around a bit and it's not sturdy/cheaply made.

Overall, I will keep this and use it up instead of tossing it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it.

Popular Brows Products