NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

4.2

on 10/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

i've been using makeup for years, but just recently got into doing my brows routinely a few weeks ago. i've sporadically tried other brow products in the past but never really like the results enough to continue doing it on a daily basis. however, ever since i started using this product, i've been hooked. the fine point on the pencil makes it super easy for a brow novice like me to fill in the sparse tail end of my brows as well as filling in the rest of my brow to make my brows look related to one another. the price point is just right ($9.99 at ulta, but they run NYX deals all the time). it doesn't smudge or fade through my days or 12 hour shifts at work. easy to remove. doesn't cause any breakouts. i'm so happy with this product that i would happily repurchase over and over again.

on 9/25/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used to be a 'powder-in-the-eyebrows' kind of gal, until I saw a photo of how unnatural it looked in the sparser parts of my brow (I blame over plucking in my younger years). I decided to try the Micro Brow Pencil and FELL IN LOVE. I have the shade Espresso and it is PERFECT for my neutral, pale-ish skin and dark hair. I hate the 'Instagram brow' look so only use this where I need it and use a brow gel on top. It literally looks like I have perfectly natural brows. The formula is waxy which allows you to build a very precise shape. Could not praise the NYX Micro Brow more! AND it's very budget-friendly! A total winner!

on 5/5/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Bought this in Taupe, which is a very natural looking light ash shade. This pencil is just too hard for my taste, it takes too much effort for me to build up my brows to having some real colour and shape. Doesn't fade or smudge easily and the packaging is nice. Would not repurchase because I like something that applies much easier.

Bought this as I was told it was a dupe for Anastasia but it's just awful I started to notice my eyebrows would get these itchy bumps after I had started using this so I'm not sure why that happened but they were definitely caused by a reaction to this pencil I don't get those types of sore spots since i was a teen! Especially not on the brow area. Pencil is super waxy & doesn't last at all and like others have said way too warm. Brunette has an almost orangey tone to it.

Back to using Anastasia. A shame as I would have loved this to be a cheap dupe for high end.

Prior to using this, I was using Maybelline Define A Brow which was my favorite. But I heard people raving about this and saying it was comparable to Anastasia Brow Wiz (whiz, sp?) so I had to try it. It is now my new favorite. It is not as soft as the Define A Brow so I find that it breaks less therefore wasting less product. I think it may be a dollar or so more than the Define A Brow but since I haven't had it break on me yet, I'm not wasting product so I will pay an extra dollar for that. I haven't used the spoolie because I use another brush that has a brow brush and spoolie at the other end. I use this pencil and then use the NYX Brow Cake powder to fill them in so I have a more natural look. Voila! Perfect brows!!

I always seem to gravitate back to this product. I do love it, and I never purposely diss it due to not liking it, I just like to play with new products. However, I can't deny that this particular pencils by NYX makes my brows look incredible every single time I use it. I use taupe when I just want to slightly fill in, and brown for when I really want to define and transform my brows. The micro tip makes filling in my brows so easy and leaves little room for mistakes. I've repurchased several times. It's definitely a holy grail makeup product for me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely hated this. It's garbage and I returned it, which I rarely do if I can avoid it. I had this in Blonde. It was so dry, weirdly waxy and extremely ineffectual. Really...I couldn't even get the product to show up. It was unusable. So disappointing!

on 11/16/2016 2:15:00 AM

ok, I LOVE NYX BUT...THIS PENCIL leaves something to be desired for sure. I'm not even that harsh of a critic but I purchased this is Blonde, at CVS. Upon opening it...I thought "wow this is gonna be great" um no. its so waxy, it hardly left any trace of product and I completely disliked it. this is the first NYX product I've returned. awful.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a much cheaper alternative to Anastasias brow wiz ($10 vs $24) as I go through brow pencils very quickly. My hair is a very dark brown and I use the color espresso which works just fine for me. Ive repurchased several times.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This pencil is vey similar to Anastasia Beverley Hills wiz brow. Goes on smooth and the finish is great! Very happy that this was a good find.

Popular Brows Products