NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.2

on 8/14/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Very fine, pigmented, and affordable, my only complaint is that the caps are useless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So I got this because I heard it was a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz and I wanted to try this first. It does what it promises but the point is super thin so it takes a bit longer to fill in. My brow routine is usually as follows:
- fill in the bottom and top of the arch with Anastasia's Brow Pomade and blend out harsh lines
- use Micro Brow pencil to add hair-like strokes to sparse areas that look to flat with just the pomade
- blend, blend, blend!
I did end up getting the Anastasia Brow Pencil to see if I could achieve similar results. I like the Pencil's creamy formula and texture but I prefer this one's thin tip because it is good for areas where I really need to look like hair and not painted on.

I'm giving this product 4 lipsticks out of 5 because the colour is fantastic. I am a copper redhead and bought Auburn.
The price, £8, is shocking for how long this product lasts. I wouldn't know how else you are suppose to use it apart from being the main applicant for yoru eyebrow colour. I purchased this last Tuesday and I ran out on Sunday. 5 DAYS. What on earth is that about?! I was so gutted, as I have finally found a colour which matches so well with my hair colour, but I can't afford to basically pay for 4 rounds of the stuff every months so that I can use it every day. I really was so shocked at how little of the product there is in there. If I get another one, I'll have to use my Anastacia pomade to outline and then fill with this pencil. That's still going to be using ''a lot'' of it, though.
Hopefully NYX will pull their socks up and realise they are charging way too much for the quantity, should be more like £3 with lasting just under a week. Not sure if I'll be buying again for a while.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG brow product. I have probably repurchased this more than any other makeup product I own. I am a BROWS girl. I always have my brows done and I always want them perfect. This is the absolute best product for me and you cannot beat the price. I used to use the Anastasia Brow Wiz and I like this better. I have light brown hair/dark blonde and I use the shade Ash Brown. I have tried Taupe, but it is a little too light for me. Will repurchase as long as it is on the market =)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't understand the hype surrounding this brow pencil. I think it's one of the worst I've ever used and is in no way a dupe for the brow wiz. First of all the color range is warm toned, which makes my slightly cool toned eyebrows look very unnatural in sunlight. The formula is also pretty dry and I find that it doesn't go on smoothly, but rather skips when I apply it. But worst of all, it transfers, fades, and doesn't even stay on throughout the day.

on 12/13/2016 11:47:00 AM

OK so i just bought both the brow wiz from Anastasia and the micro brow and I honestly regret that I bought the brow wiz,it is not worth the price I prefer the micro brow as it is just a tad cremier whilst the brow wiz is more on the drier side so it is a bit more difficult to work with. I bought both in the shade taupe and the brow wiz is a bit more cooler and the micro brow a bit warmer but still workable. I will continue to buy this one from now on.

on 11/20/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The reason I bought the NYX Microbrow Pencil is because the Anastasia Beverly Hills pencils were too warm-toned for my eyebrows. I use the NYX color ash brown, which is a closer match.

Comparison to the Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) pencil

Packaging: The NYX pencil has better packaging. The ABH tip with the brush broke after 20 or so uses.

Wear time: The wear time of ABH is longer. The NYX pencil formula lasts about 6 hours then starts to fade quickly. I have found the ABH pencil to last all day (10+ hours).

Formula: The formulas are very similar, but the ABH applies more smoothly. I found the NYX pencil to get a little clumpy.

Colors: The ABH line has almost all neutral and warm toned pencils. The NYX line offers more cool toned options.

on 11/3/2016 10:03:00 PM

If you are looking for a nice medium brown colour - which I was and i chose chocolate, do not choose chocolate as it is not very pigmented and is a warm colour, its more for someone with red hair!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is good stuff, plain and simple. Many people swear by Anastasia's Brow Wiz, but truth be told I can't get into the hype of all that before at least trying drugstore dupes. This Micro Brow Pencil is a commonly acknowledged dupe, and when it comes to pencils I have had success with NYX in the past. I think this will probably be my new go-to brow product. I'm a brow pencil kind of gal; the gels, waxes, pomades and powders just seem a little too imprecise to appeal to me. For someone with larger or fuller brows I can see how they work great, but mine are on the thin side and require focused attention.
This pencil is a twist up, with a spooly on the other end to brush the brows out in the desired shape. The packaging is secure and similar in appearance to Anastasia's.
The have this in the color "Brunette"- dark neutral brown. It glides on smoothly, and doesn't patch up or skip. It is long wearing; I can't imagine a higher end brand looking better than this does after 8+ hours. It doesn't budge. It does look natural, at least to my eye, and isn't scary-heavy-pigmented but instead mimics the actual color of most brunettes' eyebrows.
When there are so many quality drugstore products widely available, it is pretty hard to justify spending double the price for a high end alternative. I will probably end up trying Anastasia's line at some point just because so many people swear by it, and when it comes to makeup curiosity gets the better of me, but I can say that I will keep using this pencil regardless because it is of a high quality and looks great.

Popular Brows Products