NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red

NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red
Matte Lipstick in Perfect RedMatte Lipstick in Perfect RedNYX matte lipstick - Perfect RedNYX matte lipsticks - Bloody M, Merlot, P. red

4.1

on 9/20/2017 3:42:00 AM

Its a good dupe for Mac Ruby Woo,WNW Stoplight Red, Sephora 'Always Red 01'

As the name suggests its THE puuuurfect red. Its those matte lip colors the Emirates flight stewardess swear by.

Pros
Cheap
nyx is cruelty free & committed to PETA... yay! :)
nice color
for a matte lipstick its kinda moisturizing which is nice unlike a liquid lipstick
its not a liquid lipstick and certainly wont perform like one, so dont expect the non transfer resistant effect

Cons
Feathers
transfers
dries out
feels grainy ...cos its matte
bleeds in hot climates ... fixable with liner tho'
this is a 'hard to find shade' for some reason

packaging needs some major revamping exercise..whats with the ingredients printed on the tube?! looks trashy

Recommend
Buy! PETA will be happy!

on 12/19/2016 3:46:00 PM

Many NYX lipsticks are brighter in person than they seem online. Perfect Red is one of them. Its a BRIGHT red. Like a cherry ice pop but deeper. Not sure why they called it "perfect" red. Its not classic red. Its not primary red. Its almost Day-Glo.

If you like NARS Jungle Red, try Perfect Red. They're not dupes, but they're in the same family.

The color isn't for me, but the formula is nice. It gives good coverage with one or two swipes. And it doesnt crack like some matte do. And it doesn't seem to migrate.

dropping a star
I've had Alabama and Perfect Red for a while now. They look good at first. But they both turn uneven and patchy. After a couple hours of wear, I end up with a patchy looking ring on my lips - almost as if I tried to use lipliner but made the line too thick. It can't be fixed with fresh lipstick. It just looks as if I was trying to cover dry lips with lipstick. I don't have dry lips, but thats how it ends up looking. These are going in the trash.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Stoplight red as a stopgap measure. I recently decided to experiment with a red lip, and started here since NYX's eyeshadows are awesome and dependable, and the price was right (about $6).

For your consideration:

-this red skews slightly blue, but not too blue for a warm-undertoned complexion (I'm NC30)
-it is not a MAC Russian Red dupe, but it would look good on people who look good in MAC Russian Red
-how it looks on your smile is a good indication of whether or not it's time to whiten the old teeth
-the packaging is unstable; the product rattles around inside, and the tube itself could not survive being sat on (in case sitting on lipsticks is something you do) (it happens, I'm not judging)
-it lasts, but wears unevenly, and this is such a saturated color that you have to be on touchup alert to keep it looking fresh

So, eh. This lipstick is a totally valid "hey I have this extra ticket to the show and you're welcome to join me (while I look for a better boyfriend)" kind of product, but not a "and I'd like you to be my +1 forever" kind of product.

on 5/14/2015 1:52:00 AM

I love this lipstick a blue toned red it lasts a while and is not dyeing I noticed one thing after having this lipstick for a while it's a spot on dupe for macs Russian red my favorite red lipstick ever i swatched it in direct sun light and I was amazed same thing if your nc25-nc30 like me give it a try

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So, this *is* MAC Ruby Woo, period. I have both, and the only discernible difference is that Ruby Woo is more drying while Perfect Red is comfortable. It stays on perfectly well though talking and drinking, and fades evenly/gracefully after eating. It leaves a nice stain after fading. It's a bit creamier than, say, WNW Megalasts, but stiffer than normal/non-matte lipsticks. It went bad a bit quickly on me, at about 9 months, but I didn't mind considering the price. When it went bad, it smelled of crayons and no longer applied matte.

This shade was well named because it truly is a Perfect Red. This is my go-to lipstick. I am very fair skinned with dark hair, and this lipstick gives me an instant pop and retro look that I frequently get compliments on. The shade is perfect in that it works great for a day/office look, but is totally appropriate for a date/night look as well. It is quite long wear, feels pretty good on. It does transfer... but it's a bright red lipstick! You have to expect some transfer!

on 4/12/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite matte red! Not drying, feels very smooth, great colour, like the packaging. Pretty much nothing bad to say about this baby! It's the colour to the right on the swatch :)