Giovanni 2Chic Blackberry and Coconut Milk Ultra-Repair Shampoo

No Image

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my regular go-to shampoos. I love this one! It cleans my fine, long, highlighted hair without stripping it or my scalp, and leaves my hair soft, light and moisturized. Most shampoos disagree with my scalp, leaving me with peeling and sensitivity. Not this one. This is the main reason ai love this shampoo so much. The scent is lovely, though it doesn’t remain in my hair once out of the shower (no shampoo ever does for me). (This isn’t a shampoo that mousses up, which doesn’t bother me at all... but just FYI.) I buy this on Amazon as it is hard to find in my area, which is fine as the price is better in any event. I highly highly recommend this to everyone, without hesitation.

on 10/1/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My hair was so damaged from years of having blonde highlights. Nothing I did helped it look good, except this. This is a GOD SEND for dry damaged hair. I was worried it would make my hair feel heavy but it doesn't. It does not strip the hair, but gives intense hydration. I only wash my hair once or twice a week and continued to do so with this. However, I found that this did not clean enough and I got buildup on my hair. I would have to do a double cleanse every other week or so. One wash with a clarifying shampoo and then another with this to get back moisture. Works like a charm. The product itself has a pleasant but not overpowering scent with a somewhat milky texture. I had to use a lot product to get a good lather on my thick hair. All in all this a good product for dry and damaged locks.

on 5/3/2016 4:36:00 PM

I second this shampoo for dry, thick, frizzy, color-treated hair. After my stylist mentioned that my hair had turned dry and damaged, I stopped using the spendy Living Proof PhD line and switched to this shampoo and the matching conditioner on a whim. So glad I did! Perfect amount of moisture for my hair and I can still go 2-3 days between shampoos.

on 3/7/2016 4:25:00 PM

I liked the intensive hair mask so much, I went to my local Target and purchased the shampoo and conditioner. First, the scent. No blackberry except in color. Synthetic smelling coconut but not strong. I have an oily scalp and dry/sensitized ends. This is a strange and difficult combination, so I have to be careful with the products I use. I have used the shampoo and conditioner combination several times, and I make sure to rinse it out very carefully and completely. This shampoo does not actually clean my hair or scalp. My hair winds up looking and feeling like I put some sort of styling product in it even when, like today, I didn't use anything. It also feels slightly tacky. I know this isn't a clarifying shampoo, but it should at least clean my scalp and make my hair look fresh and clean, but it doesn't. I still really like the mask, but I will probably be returning the shampoo and conditioner since they weren't cheap, at $8.99 apiece.

on 4/11/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!!! Let me explain something first though.. I have long, thick, wavy, frizzy hair. I don't dye it but I think it's on the dry side. I decided to try this when I saw it at Whole Foods ($8.99) because I love the Ultra-Moist Avocado and Olive Oil Shampoo from the same Giovanni brand. Also, it smells amazing!! Super summery and tropical which I love!! One thing I noticed is that is doesn't actually contain coconut milk only coconut oil which I think is different. When I tried it, I noticed that my hair felt clean and not like there was a residue left in it. I used this with the matching conditioner and my hair really seemed to like it. It feels soft and clean and not heavy like the Ultra-Moist line can feel sometimes. It's not frizzy and looks healthy and shiny. I can't stop sniffing my hair either!! I love the smell of this stuff!! I look forward to washing my hair now because of this shampoo and conditioner! Try this line out if you have dry frizzy hair. You can thank me later.