Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

on 2/26/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The most amazing matte palette ever. This thing was the palette of my dreams (and I got so lucky when I got it as a birthday present!) Super pigmented and blendable shades, perfect to effortlessly create looks everyday (but what a pity because I love this palette so much that I only bust it out on special occasions.

on 8/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette, Kat Von D provides consistency with high performance pigmentation.

The shadows are more powdery but do not cause fallout if applied sparingly. They blend very well together and can creat a clean or smokey eye look.

I especially love the warmer shades in this because of my skin tone but love using it in conjunction with shimmery or satin shades from other palettes, as it helps fill in the gaps those palettes may have.

Over all this is a greatly pigmented and everyday usable palette, that is worth the price tag

on 7/12/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My everyday go-to eyeshadow palette! Perfect for "natural" looks or more dramatic looks. The pigmentation is very good along with the blendability.

You can do a lot of looks on this palette but since it's all matte I still do have to reach for other palettes/eyeshadows for a pop of colour on the centre of my lid. The packaging is beautiful, but the shadow names are on the back and I'm a bit confused if the names refer to the shade directly above it. But these aren't major issues for me.

I much prefer this over the Naked (1&2) palettes, neither of which I own but with this palette you don't really need it in my opinion. Overall an amazing palette.

on 6/21/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

update:
I recently got a few more eyshadow palettes and after realizing all the colors that are in this KVD palette are all in my other ones that I have, I ended up returning it. I simply never reached for this when I did my daily makeup and realized I use eyeshadows with the same and sometimes even better quality than these. I do like this palette, however I would only use a few shades and I felt that once applied to the eyes, a lot of the shades looked identical and there wasn't much difference.
I was eyeing this product for quite some time until I caved and finally got it - I am so so so so in love! It's my perfect palette; neutral yet so versatile, and all matte with the exception of the highlight shades. The eyeshadows are so buttery and pigmented, they blend so easily and can be layered or lightly applied to simply enhance your eyes. I really love this palette, and I would definitely recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow really irritated my eyes. After wearing them for an entire day, I couldn't wait to get home from work to wash them off. The Shade and Light face contour palette also made my face tingle, so I think there's just something in these that doesn't agree with me. I have nearly all the other KVD palettes and none of them bother me. I am a big fan of KVD makeup but these weren't for me.

on 2/20/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette. The range of shades make it perfect for any skin tone and the great in a professional environment. I wear these to work and feel very comfortable with not looking OVERLY done.

Pigmented and buttery feel. Great palette and I would definitely repurchase again and again and again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely my HG palette. I use it almost every day. The colors are rich and very easy to work with. They blend well and I don't get fall out. Easily goes from day to night looks. I prime with UD Primer Potion Anti Aging. Will also use my NYX jumbo Shadow pencil in Milk as a base when I want my shadow to be the focus. Can't say enough great things about this Palette. Jus try it for yourself. You'll see.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

PERFECTION. Matte formula eyeshadows that range from neutral to cool to warm tones? SIGN ME UP.

The shadows are very pigmented, even the light colors. The only issue for this palette is that the eyeshadows are TOOO DUSTY AND POWDERY. Like once you swirl your brush on a pan, powder is everywhere. I wouldn't say they're dense or creamy or buttery, they're very dusty while still being pigmented, although it's kind of a waste of product since you're blowing away most of the product when they're supposed to be on your brush.

on 4/24/2015 11:35:00 PM