Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

on 3/11/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, the shades are very versatile and blends so good. If you are in need of a matte palette this is the palette you are looking for, it has warm, neutral and cool shades. The shades are buttery and very pigmented, you don't need much product.

I didn't get to play around with this much as I had a fairly severe allergic reaction to the shadows. Each time I used the palette my eyes would swell up. Returned to sephora and one look at my puffy eyes the cashier didn't even have to ask why. Sad because I really liked the colour selection.

on 2/9/2017 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this palette every single day for my transition shades. It is soooooo worth the hype! The formula is buttery and pigmented in every single shade. The light tones aren't chalky and the black in here is to die for 😍 The only thing that would make this better is if it had a deep chocolate brown like in the Monarch palette. If you love makeup you need to have this in your collection.

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

~squee~
yes i really did that.

this eye palette is amazing. it's purely matte, so if you're looking for something that doesn't shimmer and shine, this is for you. you can do a neutral day eye, or a bold smokey eye with this with hardly any effort at all. the colors are rich and pigmented and blend easily. i find that even though it looks pretty basic, i have created a lot of different looks with it!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love my new shade and light!... Was so happy when I heard Kat Von D was coming to the UK and Debenhams now stick her range!... I almost paid £64 on Amazon for this to be shipped from America too, thank God I waited. The colours are all so highly pigmented and easily blendable... Beautiful colours too, I will say a lot of the darker shades are VERY dark though... And as I like a brown on my lids, there's just one brown (lower left side - Sameal) that's light enough as I don't like a very dark lid. But the peach and smoke transition shades are beautiful, the whites/creams are very light and just do the job beautifully, and the black can either be used on the outer corner as its very easy to blend, or for a winged effect with a pointy dense pencil brush. I love it! It basically has everything you need in one palette. Also the packaging is gorgeous!! I love the large Gothic inside mirror. Adore this! Will try more of her things now!

on 9/7/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman nearing my 40's with fine lines lids that are starting to show my age this pallet is one that I have a love/hate relationship with. I am a pallet junkie and have to buy every pallet I see as soon as they come out so the fact that this is an 'eye contouring pallet' as opposed to an eye shadow pallet was a unique concept to me.

I am usually heavy handed with my makeup but with this pallet I needed to realize I was contouring my eye to 'lift, balance and define' and after I watched some tutorials to figure it out (as opposed to applying this like eye shadow) I liked it.

I always use a primer with this, lately my favorite has been the Smashbox 24 hour photo finish though previously I was an UD die hard...but I digress!

Pros:

* Rich color
* Matte
* Pigmented
* Blendable

Cons

* Fall out
* Some colors are chalky and look muddy if overlapped

Overall this is a good pallet, it is not my favorite and if I am wanting to contour my eye area I can use my Anastasia pallet to be perfectly honest (the coloring and texture is better/finer).

on 7/23/2016 10:10:00 PM

Perfect neutral pallet! The colors don't look like much, but they're very pigmented, & they enhance your eyes. I used this & I thought "my eyes look pretty today," not my eyeshadow. The packaging is beautiful & unique.

on 5/6/2016 2:53:00 AM

This is one of my all time fav. pallets. I love how soft and easily they blend.