Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.4

on 4/4/2017 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I think I would buy this again when I finish my first palette. I love the texture and blendability of these shadows, I like the diverse 'tones', especially since cool nudes are hard to find. I would give this a 4.5 since for many people not ALL the shade stories will work, but it is still a great product. For me, for example, I rarely use the warmer tones (aside from the middle shade of the bottom 3) because they don't compliment my skin tone. I still think this is a great palette overall though and would recommend a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have nothing but good things to say about this palette. Love that it's organized into three sections: Warm, neutral, cool. Easy to create many looks. You can do natural to dramatic. Shadows pigmented and easy to blend. Love it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 12/10/2016 3:22:00 PM

This was the first "high end" eyeshadow palette I ever got my hands on. I was so used to playing with drugstore eyeshadows, and I friend gifted this to me. If you are looking for a matte palette, go with this one. It's so versatile: I use the banana shade, "Ludwin" to set/brighten my under eyes with a very light hand, and the grey shade , "Lazarus" to carve out my cheekbones. I was a beginner with makeup when I started to use this makeup, they are buttery and so so so blendable. The palette is broken up into 3 groups and a tutorial actually comes with the palette, which makes it fool proof.
I pair this with the Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper, or you can wet your brush and use any of the darker or "defining" shades as a liner.
My favourite shade is Lucious.
If you want to buy one higher end matte palette, this should be your top contender. You can use it everyday, work or play. The colours are pigmented and buttery.
You won't regret it.

I had high hopes for this. I am at pan with my Viseart and the KVD is cheaper but has most of the colors I needed. Plus I love my KVD contour palette. Sadly - this shadow does not touch the Viseart. It's chalky, fallout sucks and the payload is not that great. Makes me sad. I like the packaging - and the price was right. So I'm returning it and sucking it up to replace my Viseart.

on 9/28/2016 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Okay... The packaging got me to buy it, however, these colors y'all!!! They are gorgeous, but you need to be kind and gentle or else it can get very dramatic very quickly. Such amazing shadows, easy to blend, SICK PIGMENTATION... Just an overall awesome palette if you're like me and don't want any shimmer or any colors in your everyday makeup routine. Everyone will find something they like in this palette, and I've definitely found my favorites in lazarus in the crease, laetus on the lid samael in the crease and outer v, and sytry to smoke it all out! Would definitely buy only these colour again, since they are the most used in the palette.

If you are thinking about it: BUY IT!

on 9/11/2016 10:02:00 PM

I don't think I have ever disliked a pallet so much! I have never tried at KvD product, I usually stick to MAC or UD for shadows. I purchased this because I am in my mid 40's and matte looks better on my crepe lids.

These shadows are so soft, they are chalky and they are a mess when blending. Staying power is fine, but with a primer I never have a problem with staying power.

The color selection is OK, but once you look at it at home every day you realize you dont need so many neutrals in similar shades.

In the year I have had this palette I have used it probably 8 times. I keep trying to find something to do with it but it just isn't a pleasure to put on my makeup with this palette and makeup should be fun.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this palette. Some of the best matte shades I've ever used - though I find Lorac's to have a slight better pigmentation. These blend and wear beautifully and it is a great shade range. I was initially scared of how warm the right third of the palette looked, but it still looks okay on my neutral-cool skintone. I also appreciate how Kat put some thought into making some of the shades bigger - the warm vanilla shade can be used all over the browbone, and the other two are great crease and lower lashline shades. Every shade in this palette is a winner, and this combined with usually one metallic shade for my lid is everything I need when traveling as far as eyeshadow goes. If you want to build your palette collection, this and a few Lorac palettes will get you set to go! :)

on 8/16/2016 3:28:00 PM

I didn't like this product nearly as much as I thought I would. I was so excited to get it but it just looked kind of muddy and dull on me (and yes I was using good brushes). I think I was a little underwhelmed since I already have the Naked Basic palette which I primarily used for mattes. I typically love Kat Von D products but this one was a miss for me.