Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.7

on 3/17/2017 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Easily my favourite nude/natural/everyday wear matte palette. The colours will work for ANY skin tone and blend so easily. I love the booklet that comes with it with ideas for how to contour the eye (really neat stuff) but even using it not for the purpose of contouring, this palette is perfection. You can create so many versatile looks with these shadows.

There isn't much else to say about this palette. I just really, really love it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite palette ever and i have purchased many palettes. I love how there are cool, neutral and warm quads which work amazingly together and other shades can also work well together. The formulation is also amazing. Such high pigment and colour payoff i can wear these easily without priming the eyes. The black is well very black and when your brush is wet it is great to use as a liner. I love all of Kat Von D products and this is definitely one of her best. Such a well formulated, well thought out product and it definitely deserves the hype it gets.

on 4/12/2016 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

an amazing palette! great color pay off as well as selection. The shadows are so buttery and smooth! I like how they show you which are cool, neutral and warm so it doesnt start to look muddy! my favorite shade is "laetus", it makes for a great transition shade!

on 1/29/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the black tank top of eye shadow palettes. A sexy little multi-tasker - much sexier than a plain white tee - that you can dress up or down, make it rock or go preppy, wear to the board room or to a cook out.

In short, every makeup lover needs this in her/his beauty arsenal. It is my personal HG shadow palette and the only one I own that I would immediately replace if I lost. Or when the day comes that I hit pan on each shadow. Cause this is the only palette that may be an actual possibility.

Why do I feel this way? Let's discuss.

1) Colors like an army of UPS guys for your eyes - just hot, matte, workhorses. There is not a dud in this whole palette. There are the neutral neutrals, the cool neutral and the warm neutrals.
2) Versatility like a real Renaissance man. In addition to use as eye shadow, I now use this palette exclusively for my brow powder (set with clear gel) as well as on occasion as liner (with a dampened sigma E05)
3) Formula like the guy who isn't perfect, but is perfect for you. These are powdery, but there is no fallout on my face. They blend super well and are pigmented. I use eye primer with all shadows as I need my makeup to last 12+ hours. These last that long. Net, works for me!

I got this palette for Christmas and have used everyday since then. I have used it for huge client meetings, lazy Saturdays with my family, and for church. For date night with the hubs and for parent teacher conferences. Alone in house during blizzard - yup - wearing this. Even when I force myself to use others in my collection, I will include a shade or two from this as well - even if only for my brows.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

on 11/11/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

See review below: I basically needed to play with this. It needs some time to understand. It is dusty and can be powerfully out of control. I have changed my mind and find myself borrowing colors from this pallet to supplement other looks.

Oh my goodness....I can't believe what I am about to say. I DO NOT, CAN NOT recommend this pallet. First, the fall out and the mess it makes on your face, clothes and whatever surface you are using to put your stuff on is UNREAL. Second, I was really convinced I was going to be able to make several even just simple eye looks and they were just so boring. Lastly, as a cool toned person I really could only use about half the shades. I'm disappointed. Please consider checking this out in person instead of ordering it based on reviews. For the money, I recommend the Lorac pro 2 if you want matte cool tones.

P.S. The black in this pallet is gray.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think it's a paradox of choice thing, but once I purchase a palette, I just stare at it and try to figure out what to do with it. I get overwhelmed, I'm never sparked with creativity and I end up getting frustrated and never using them.

Because of those reasons, I adore this palette.

This palette is absolutely fool-proof. I love how it's laid out into clear, easy to use quads. I love that even between the quads, the shades go very well together. I love that they blend together easily because I am still an eyeshadow beginner for all intents and purposes. I have worn this palette in some fashion every day since purchasing it either as my whole look, as an accent, for blending shades or as eyeliner.

I don't think that the shades swatch as well as they actually apply to the eye. I always use a primer (Wet n Wild Fergie) and I do find that these are quite pigmented and easy to work with. I have pretty hooded eyes so having this many matte options are great. I also like that the highlight shades do have a subtle sheen to them. They add the option of layering them with the other shades for some satin shades, to use them as lid shades that pop or for their intended purpose as a highlight.

The packaging is nice, it's sturdy and weighty. It definitely feels substantial in the hand. It has a large mirror and, though it doesn't stand up on it's own, it's completely useable. It may be a bit large to travel with but I still do have my Naked Basics palette for that.