Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A fantastic matte eye shadow palette. Having tried every color in the palette over the course of this month I have to admit each one looks exactly the same on my lids as it does in the pan. And that's not something that happens very often for me! Each color is very pigmented, buttery and super blendable. Whether it's a neutral day eye I'm aiming for or a more bold smokey eye, I've managed to create many different looks with this which is why I've been raving about it to so many people recently! No fallout whatsoever and these last the entire day when I use a primer first (although not quite the full day if I happen to forget, but still a decent amount of time). Total re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

It took me a while to purchase this palette as I had the Naked 2 basics, Tarte Matte, and the Viseart matte palette. All of the aforementioned are fine, but I had dislikes about each of them. However this one is something special!

The warm quad in this palette isn’t TOO warm, the neutral is neutral, and the cool isn’t TOO cool. Viseart has too many warm colors for my liking. Naked 2 basic colors are great, but the pigmentation wasn’t great. The Tarte matte had decent shades, but the formula falls short for me.

This palette has both great shades and pigmentation. These shadows last a full 12 hour shift for me. Great Great Great for my hooded eyes. I seriously can carve a good looking crease!

Overall this is a great palette. As with everything, I feel the cost is too high but compared to the Viseart it is a fair price for a basic workhorse palette. I only purchase makeup when I can catch a sale. I can’t say I’ve ever seen Kat von d have a sale on her palettes on her website, so the biannual Sephora sale is when I purchased it. With that being said, now that I have tried it I must admit this is one of those items I would pay full retail for and that is a rarity for me to say!

AMAZING! I waited over a year to buy this because I thought it would be a boring palette and I wanted to make sure I really wanted it before I bought it. Well, my lemming persisted and I finally got one during the Sephora sale....it was completely worth it and worthy of the hype. It's far from boring, the colors are perfect for everyday neutral looks and no shimmers which is what I wanted. The eyeshadows are smooth and soft and rich with color. There is a little kickback but I expect that with soft eyeshadows. I love that there's only 4 shades per tone, so that it makes it easy to decide where to place on your lid. This is my staple item now and the first palette i've ever felt like i would get a backup for, in case it ever gets discontinued!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It took me a while to finally get this palette and to be honest I wasn't that excited at first, however, after using it for some months now - I must admit this has quickly become my go-to every day palette.

If you love matte eyeshadows, these are top notch: buttery, blendable, pigmented. You can find all swatches and more details about the palette on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/01/26/Lets-Talk-About-Shade-Light-Eye-Palette ) You certainly can create so many looks with this palette and whenever I want a bit of sparkle - I just use any of the individual eye pigments or glitters I have and for my mattes I use KVD. I am very happy that I have this palette, I think it is something that every makeup enthusiast needs in her/his collection.

I love this! I am late to the game on this palette, for sure, but so glad I have it now! I have recently gotten back into makeup (was just using the standard UD nakeds, etc.)- and decided to watch some youtube videos. I saw someone use this palette and knew I must have it!

I tried it the day I got it- I used the cool shades- but honestly, the reason I got it is I can see myself wearing every single shade! It doesn't lean too warm- some of these really warm looks make me look awful (which is why I'm avoiding the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, can't pull off those reds!) I like how it has a bigger pan for the base shades that you would typically use more.

I prepped and primed like I usually do with primer potion, and man, these shadows stayed put- but were easy to blend. They didn't all blend together and look messy and muddy, though, which is another thing I hate. I kept looking at my eye makeup in the mirror, checking, and it was beautiful (if I say so myself, lol) all day!

I am so impressed. Will totally repurchase!

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

on 8/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette, Kat Von D provides consistency with high performance pigmentation.

The shadows are more powdery but do not cause fallout if applied sparingly. They blend very well together and can creat a clean or smokey eye look.

I especially love the warmer shades in this because of my skin tone but love using it in conjunction with shimmery or satin shades from other palettes, as it helps fill in the gaps those palettes may have.

Over all this is a greatly pigmented and everyday usable palette, that is worth the price tag

on 8/16/2016 3:28:00 PM

I didn't like this product nearly as much as I thought I would. I was so excited to get it but it just looked kind of muddy and dull on me (and yes I was using good brushes). I think I was a little underwhelmed since I already have the Naked Basic palette which I primarily used for mattes. I typically love Kat Von D products but this one was a miss for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette!!!! I'm not a big fan of shimmery eye shadows or glitter , so when I saw that Kat von d came out with a matte palette I was hooked. The eye shadows are very pigmented and buttery. The colors are very versatile and can be worn everyday. If I lost this I would run out and buy a new one.

on 12/18/2015 7:36:00 PM

Yes! Y'all. Yes! So pigmented, so beautiful, so much of everything you need. I'm a believer.