Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.4

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

on 8/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette, Kat Von D provides consistency with high performance pigmentation.

The shadows are more powdery but do not cause fallout if applied sparingly. They blend very well together and can creat a clean or smokey eye look.

I especially love the warmer shades in this because of my skin tone but love using it in conjunction with shimmery or satin shades from other palettes, as it helps fill in the gaps those palettes may have.

Over all this is a greatly pigmented and everyday usable palette, that is worth the price tag

on 8/16/2016 3:28:00 PM

I didn't like this product nearly as much as I thought I would. I was so excited to get it but it just looked kind of muddy and dull on me (and yes I was using good brushes). I think I was a little underwhelmed since I already have the Naked Basic palette which I primarily used for mattes. I typically love Kat Von D products but this one was a miss for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette!!!! I'm not a big fan of shimmery eye shadows or glitter , so when I saw that Kat von d came out with a matte palette I was hooked. The eye shadows are very pigmented and buttery. The colors are very versatile and can be worn everyday. If I lost this I would run out and buy a new one.

on 12/18/2015 7:36:00 PM

Yes! Y'all. Yes! So pigmented, so beautiful, so much of everything you need. I'm a believer.

on 7/5/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love love LOVE. This is my favorite matte palette. I like it better than the Tarte Tartelette palette, which I was in love with before I purchased this one. The eyeshadows in the Kat Von D palette are so buttery, pigmented, and amazing. There are some unique shades for an all matte, neutral palette, the taupe and the reddy-brown are beautiful and I don't think I have anything quite like those in my extensive palette collection. I don't even know what else to say besides go buy this immediately.

on 4/11/2015 12:41:00 PM

I've been using this Shade + Light Eye Palette by Kat Von D for the past few days and so far I'm really impressed! First of all let me mention exactly what kind of palette this is so you know exactly what to expect if you purchase it. It's a palette of basic matte shades (one or two have the teeniest hint of sheen to them) of cream, beige, brown and black. Pretty much along the lines of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes, although there are no dupes between the two so if you have those you could definitely invest in this Kat Von D palette and not be disappointed. Some of the shades in the Kat Von D palette are slightly warmer in tone so that makes a nice contrast to the cooler tones also available in the same palette.

Quality wise these are comparable to her other shadows, maybe not quite up to par with the Urban Decay shadows but pretty close. They wear and stay well with a good eyeshadow primer and are relatively easy to blend and get a great, natural look with. The packaging is nice too, maybe a bit dull compared to her Monarch and Chrysalis palettes but understandable due to the type of palette and it's extremely sturdy and has a good mirror. Oh, this also comes with a great application guide!

Overall I'm extremely impressed with this palette and definitely recommend it, especially if you don't have anything similar. It can be a great addition to your makeup collection. LOVE!!!!