Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

I love love love this palette. The color payoff is awesome, great pigmentation, easy to blend. I just can't stop raving about this palette.
The colors are so neutral and easily match with any kind of makeup you put on.

I have several eyeshadow palette but this one is definitely my favorite. Sometimes with eyeshadow palette, you would end not being able to use all colors, but it doesn't happen with this one, all colors are super easy to use.

I always pick this one for my travelling palette because I got everything in one. I use the peachy color as blush on and the soft brown for contour. It's just perfect, this palette makes my travelling so much easier.

The eyeshadows may have some fall-out, I would suggest to tap off the excess before application.

I have no complaint on the price as it is still few bucks cheaper than UD Naked palette. I would say much more worth it than Naked since I'm able to use all colors (not the case with Naked palette).

Maybe the only downside for me is that I would always pretty much end up with similar eye makeup no matter which color I'm using, but maybe I'm just lacking the makeup skill.

I would definitely repurchase and I suggest people who are looking for matte neutral eyeshadow palette, go with this one, you won't be disappointed.

on 10/11/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Guys, guys, this palette is freakin' awesome. Read on to discover just HOW awesome..

I just bought this as my second palette a few weeks ago so I will update in the future once I use it more. I like this palette. It's very basic and it's just what I need for everyday looks. Nothing crazy or fancy here, but it's a wonderful palette for everyday office looks or for going to school or even on a night out by adding some of the darker shades. The shadows are very soft and creamy and blend very well as others have stated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the hype around this palette. I found that the shadows don't blend as nicely. A lot of fall out. I don't find myself reaching for this palette a lot. I can only use 4 or 5 colors of the 12 colors. For a makeup artist this one might work, but everyday personal use not really.

on 2/21/2017 7:20:00 PM

I love it so much, I can create so many looks within this palette, and I can use every single shade whaich is so nice, it feels buttery when swatches on fingers, but when I use a brush, it just so soft to pick up that makes it chalky and fall outs a little bit, that is the only cons

It took me a while to finally get this palette and to be honest I wasn't that excited at first, however, after using it for some months now - I must admit this has quickly become my go-to every day palette.

If you love matte eyeshadows, these are top notch: buttery, blendable, pigmented. You can find all swatches and more details about the palette on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/01/26/Lets-Talk-About-Shade-Light-Eye-Palette ) You certainly can create so many looks with this palette and whenever I want a bit of sparkle - I just use any of the individual eye pigments or glitters I have and for my mattes I use KVD. I am very happy that I have this palette, I think it is something that every makeup enthusiast needs in her/his collection.

on 12/9/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I returned mine. After hoping that I'd use all the wonderful matte browns in it, I found that only "my" region (warm) worked on me, and that I would rather save the room and cardboard by purchasing four mattes in "my" shades. YMMV.

on 12/9/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only bought this because I had a coupon to use, but boy am I glad I picked it up! I always wear frost shadows on my lid, so was apprehensive about getting this all matte palette. However they blend so beautifully and the color you see in the pan is what is transferred to your lid. I have tried every shadow in the palette now and the only one that I found was kinda chalky was the pure white one. I had some fall out on my cheek. All of these colors work on my NC25-30 skintone. I would definitely pay full price for this item!

on 12/3/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is amazing! All the shades are matte so if you are not in to mattes then this wouldn't be for you. All the eye shadows blend flawlessly and are super pigmented. This palette will suit loads of different eye colours and skin tones as it has warm, cool and neutral toned eye shadows. I've never used eye shadows that blend so well and you will have an eyelook together in minutes as they are so easy to use. This palette can be used for natural day time looks and also for dramatic night time looks.

on 11/23/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love nude/neutral colours so this was definitely a must have. I am still getting used to applying it according to the instructions but i am slowly getting better. Amazing colour selection, beautiful classy packaging. A must have for 'eye contour' fans.