Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

on 6/13/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always reach for this palette whatever eye look i am going for. All shades have great pigmentation however the black is not as intense and dark as I want. I own other black eyeshadows which I prefer over the one in this palette.

I didn't get to play around with this much as I had a fairly severe allergic reaction to the shadows. Each time I used the palette my eyes would swell up. Returned to sephora and one look at my puffy eyes the cashier didn't even have to ask why. Sad because I really liked the colour selection.

I had high hopes for this. I am at pan with my Viseart and the KVD is cheaper but has most of the colors I needed. Plus I love my KVD contour palette. Sadly - this shadow does not touch the Viseart. It's chalky, fallout sucks and the payload is not that great. Makes me sad. I like the packaging - and the price was right. So I'm returning it and sucking it up to replace my Viseart.

on 9/7/2016 10:11:00 AM

Fall of 2015 I bought this palette and was so hardcore in love I almost bought a backup. August of 2016 I sold this in a blogsale, and don't really miss it.

This is an awesome palette if you don't have many matte neutrals, or if you really enjoy all matte looks. I tend to prefer a touch of satin or slight shimmer-- at least as an inner corner HL, if not my whole lid. The shade in the far right of this palette-- a peachy nude beige tone-- has a slight satin quality to it. But in all this is a VERY matte palette.

KVD formulation in this palette is HIGH pigment. And I can see this being great if it works for you-- I personally prefer a little less pigmentation-- I prefer my Mac mattes much more.( And my tf and even my UD). Maybe it's bc im so fair skinned? Maybe it is because I am hard on shadows- I can't really say.

On me this just made looks that looked very-- obvious looking. For my taste the point of a matte nude look is to have a look that is a my eye but better-- understood this isn't everyone's goal, and if you want to do nice matte smokey looks this palette is MADE for you!! Not only is it super high pigment, but also there is almost NO FALLOUT. I almost kept the palette for the black shade alone-- I could literally pack this into my lashline and it wouldn't move. It works better than many cakeliners on the market. But I didn't want to keep a big bulky palette for that one shade.

Also the dealbreaker for me was this palette didn't seem to play well with other shadows. I would try to use this palette and then add a shimmer on the lid-- like a lorac or Mac naked lunch. It never looked right. I guess bc these are high pigment-- other shades wouldn't blend out over them as well and it would make my shimmers look dull and a bit muddy.

Pros:
High pigmented
Essential shades anyone could use
Pretty packaging w mirror
No fallout/ minimal fallout
Blackest black ive ever used
Not too pricey/good value for what you get

Cons:
Difficult to blend out/ especially when used with other shadow formulations
You probably can dupe many shades in this palette. Even within the palette-- both dark browns look similar once on eye. And even the oatmeal and white shade look really similar once on the eye. *actually if that oatmeal shade in the neutral quad was a neutral pink (think Mac yogurt) I probably would have kept the palette. It would be more versatile.

on 2/20/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette. The range of shades make it perfect for any skin tone and the great in a professional environment. I wear these to work and feel very comfortable with not looking OVERLY done.

Pigmented and buttery feel. Great palette and I would definitely repurchase again and again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a sucker for matte shadows and this one is my new favorite! I also have matte nude palettes from Mac, Stila, and the first 3 Naked palettes but this is the one I turn too! The colors can be duped but I like how all the colors that I love are on one palette!- I don't have to switch between different palettes. The shadows are smooth and easily blendable! They also last throughout the day! I don't know what I'd do without this palette and it was worth every penny.

Cannot even begin to describe how much I love this!! My skin tone ranges between neutral and cool so the fact that this has neutral, cool, and warm shades is awesome!! Kat Von D is the best for thinking of all skin tones! Because of my skin tone, it is sometimes hard to find a good transition shade or crease shade that does not have shimmer in it. Have used this every single day since I purchased it (which was a couple of weeks ago). The shades are easy to blend. A tiny complaint would be that the shades are a little powdery but that only translates on my brush. There is no fallout on my face when I tap my brush. Hope that makes any sense. Lol. Overall, best matte palette I have ever used and will buy again!

on 7/5/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love love LOVE. This is my favorite matte palette. I like it better than the Tarte Tartelette palette, which I was in love with before I purchased this one. The eyeshadows in the Kat Von D palette are so buttery, pigmented, and amazing. There are some unique shades for an all matte, neutral palette, the taupe and the reddy-brown are beautiful and I don't think I have anything quite like those in my extensive palette collection. I don't even know what else to say besides go buy this immediately.

So gorgeous. Have been using this palette like crazy everyday with UD eye primer underneath. The shadows blend out very easily for me personally. Beautiful selection for all skin tones and shade preferences (: