Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.8

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

MY MOST FAVORITE EYESHADOW PALETTE EVER
the formula is no doubt, one of the best ever (no need any explanation about this)
best palette for daily look, neutral look, smokey look, or any look tbh
this just glides on my eyelid very easily, blend really good, pigmented.

i can't explain how much i love this palette
i never have a bad eyelook day whenever i use this palette

the packaging is great, very speaks to me
if you are someone who looking for a great neutral eyeshadow palette and willing to pay extra money
go for this product

i think you will love this

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

on 9/23/2017 11:13:00 PM

Absolutely beautiful, highly wearable shades that you can rock anywhere. It give you natural, work appropriate looks to sexy, dramatic smokey eyes for evening. The colors are matte-which won't exaggerate lines or wrinkles around the eyes. The shades are divided into three sections: cool, neutral, and warm tones. I own stock in brown eyeshadows-I kept asking myself-do I need another brown eyeshadow? Apparently I do. I absolutely adore this palette for its wearability. I have brown eyes-these basic but perfectly complimentary colors brings out the gold flecks in my eyes. I can see this palette being complimentary to blue, green, hazel eyes also-because the neutrals are so very flattering and never out dated. Sometimes, I want to be trendy and funky-and rock a teal eyeshadow or a purple eyeliner-but I will return to this palette again and again. I always do. I have a number of palettes from Anastasia, MAC eyeshadows, Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Peach palettes, and have tried Tarte palettes, bought Morphe palettes (yes, I'm obsessed). I keep grabbing these colors because they are dependable, buttery, flattering, highly pigmented and well coordinated shades that cross the warm, neutral, and cool tones of the color wheel. Lovely. Yeah, it ain't cheap-but you'll use it constantly to create beautiful, wearable looks. The only con I can think of is that the black eyeshadow isn't as strikingly pitch black as I would like. Fortunately, I have a lot of black eyeshadows to pull from-but the other shades are all lovely. The black isn't bad-it's just not super richly dark, more like a soft black if that makes sense. You may find that you have a "favorite" trio-depending on whether you're warm or cool toned, or prefer more neutral tones-and that trio may get more wear-but every shade is basic enough to use on its own, as a transitions shade or to blend softly on the lid, or under the brow. Great flexibility in looks and wear. Sometimes basic is better.

on 7/27/2017 12:36:00 AM

When I first heard of KVD products I was excited to know that they were extremely pigmented and soft. I think the brand has struck on gold with their eye-shadows. I bought this palette to compliment my Monarch palette and must say it is a high performing staple. The shades a beautiful neutrals and warms that I use with palettes that are high colour or shine.

The formula lives up to its hype. It's buttery and very pigmented a little goes a long way. I am able to discern the differences in colour when layer down, the colours a long lasting and true to pan. I love this palette as a standard in my arsenal.

on 2/26/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The most amazing matte palette ever. This thing was the palette of my dreams (and I got so lucky when I got it as a birthday present!) Super pigmented and blendable shades, perfect to effortlessly create looks everyday (but what a pity because I love this palette so much that I only bust it out on special occasions.

on 2/21/2017 7:20:00 PM

I love it so much, I can create so many looks within this palette, and I can use every single shade whaich is so nice, it feels buttery when swatches on fingers, but when I use a brush, it just so soft to pick up that makes it chalky and fall outs a little bit, that is the only cons

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

I love this! I am late to the game on this palette, for sure, but so glad I have it now! I have recently gotten back into makeup (was just using the standard UD nakeds, etc.)- and decided to watch some youtube videos. I saw someone use this palette and knew I must have it!

I tried it the day I got it- I used the cool shades- but honestly, the reason I got it is I can see myself wearing every single shade! It doesn't lean too warm- some of these really warm looks make me look awful (which is why I'm avoiding the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, can't pull off those reds!) I like how it has a bigger pan for the base shades that you would typically use more.

I prepped and primed like I usually do with primer potion, and man, these shadows stayed put- but were easy to blend. They didn't all blend together and look messy and muddy, though, which is another thing I hate. I kept looking at my eye makeup in the mirror, checking, and it was beautiful (if I say so myself, lol) all day!

I am so impressed. Will totally repurchase!

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.