Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.7

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've had this palette for a while and at first I really loved it, but the more I use it, the more I realize that the some of the shadows are kinda chalky and hard to blend out. Some of them go on a little patchy as well. I also don't like that there are a lot of similar shades in the palette- I don't think there needed to be a highlight shade in every quad in the palette. However, there are shades that I really do love in the palette- Lazarus, Saleos, Shax (extremely black), and Succubus. I like that it's all matte.

I'm conflicted as to whether I'd buy this again. As mentioned, I like the unique grey toned shades but I don't feel that there's enough of a variety of different shades. It's really not a bad palette- you have to be careful about which brushes you use, which primer you use (I tried using one of the lighter cream colored shades with the white NYX jumbo pencil and had to remove it because it was so patchy), and some shadows will require more blending than others. Overall, I think it's a good palette if you really like matte and neutral shadows, but I do think there are better formulas on the market.

on 1/10/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely would not re-purchase. The brown colors are all too warm for my skin, except the cool quads. The brown color on the cool quad is too dark for my skin. I am someone who have a tendency towards natural looks so to have zero option for it is disappointing.

Another thing is most of the shadows are very powdery aside from the light shades, which are for the browbones and the yellow base color on the warm quad. The light shades I must admit blends well. But the darker shades can't really blend around, it is easier to draw it as shadow liner than to blend it.

This is honestly so disappointing for me because even the brown neutral shades look really red and puffy on my eyes. I would like to see Kat von D produce more blend-able cool toned eyeshadows in the future

on 1/5/2018 4:28:00 AM

I've had this since it came out and I've only hit pan on one shadow. I use this all the time. It's my all time favourite palette.

on 11/26/2017 2:08:00 PM

My all time favourite. Copious matte looks, shades are gorgeous and blend perfectly (even the black one), packaging is great.

I don´t mind the kickback, I just don´t dig into the shades with my brush! I will definitely repurchase it once I use up most of the browns and peachy eyeshadows.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

MY MOST FAVORITE EYESHADOW PALETTE EVER
the formula is no doubt, one of the best ever (no need any explanation about this)
best palette for daily look, neutral look, smokey look, or any look tbh
this just glides on my eyelid very easily, blend really good, pigmented.

i can't explain how much i love this palette
i never have a bad eyelook day whenever i use this palette

the packaging is great, very speaks to me
if you are someone who looking for a great neutral eyeshadow palette and willing to pay extra money
go for this product

i think you will love this

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

on 9/23/2017 11:13:00 PM

Absolutely beautiful, highly wearable shades that you can rock anywhere. It give you natural, work appropriate looks to sexy, dramatic smokey eyes for evening. The colors are matte-which won't exaggerate lines or wrinkles around the eyes. The shades are divided into three sections: cool, neutral, and warm tones. I own stock in brown eyeshadows-I kept asking myself-do I need another brown eyeshadow? Apparently I do. I absolutely adore this palette for its wearability. I have brown eyes-these basic but perfectly complimentary colors brings out the gold flecks in my eyes. I can see this palette being complimentary to blue, green, hazel eyes also-because the neutrals are so very flattering and never out dated. Sometimes, I want to be trendy and funky-and rock a teal eyeshadow or a purple eyeliner-but I will return to this palette again and again. I always do. I have a number of palettes from Anastasia, MAC eyeshadows, Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Peach palettes, and have tried Tarte palettes, bought Morphe palettes (yes, I'm obsessed). I keep grabbing these colors because they are dependable, buttery, flattering, highly pigmented and well coordinated shades that cross the warm, neutral, and cool tones of the color wheel. Lovely. Yeah, it ain't cheap-but you'll use it constantly to create beautiful, wearable looks. The only con I can think of is that the black eyeshadow isn't as strikingly pitch black as I would like. Fortunately, I have a lot of black eyeshadows to pull from-but the other shades are all lovely. The black isn't bad-it's just not super richly dark, more like a soft black if that makes sense. You may find that you have a "favorite" trio-depending on whether you're warm or cool toned, or prefer more neutral tones-and that trio may get more wear-but every shade is basic enough to use on its own, as a transitions shade or to blend softly on the lid, or under the brow. Great flexibility in looks and wear. Sometimes basic is better.

on 7/27/2017 12:36:00 AM

When I first heard of KVD products I was excited to know that they were extremely pigmented and soft. I think the brand has struck on gold with their eye-shadows. I bought this palette to compliment my Monarch palette and must say it is a high performing staple. The shades a beautiful neutrals and warms that I use with palettes that are high colour or shine.

The formula lives up to its hype. It's buttery and very pigmented a little goes a long way. I am able to discern the differences in colour when layer down, the colours a long lasting and true to pan. I love this palette as a standard in my arsenal.

on 2/26/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The most amazing matte palette ever. This thing was the palette of my dreams (and I got so lucky when I got it as a birthday present!) Super pigmented and blendable shades, perfect to effortlessly create looks everyday (but what a pity because I love this palette so much that I only bust it out on special occasions.

on 2/21/2017 7:20:00 PM

I love it so much, I can create so many looks within this palette, and I can use every single shade whaich is so nice, it feels buttery when swatches on fingers, but when I use a brush, it just so soft to pick up that makes it chalky and fall outs a little bit, that is the only cons