Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.7

on 12/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Im on the fence with this.

Pros :
1. Generous offer for base colors which tackles the problems with most (if not all) palettes. Value wise, this palette makes a lot sense.
2. Good-to-go palette for almost every look. Natural, work, glam, this palette rocks it.
3. Good for any level makeup expertise. Beginner to pro, this palette got your back.
4. Great price point. Im not saying this is cheap, but the price is justified for the quality

Cons :
1. The texture is bit too dry (I cant say chalky either) to my liking
2. I'm NC 25 and the neutral quad is too blah IMO. It just rubs me in the wrong way, if I may say that

I still like my LORAC palette better than this, but I can live with this palette, will use it, but will not repurchase it.

AMAZING! I waited over a year to buy this because I thought it would be a boring palette and I wanted to make sure I really wanted it before I bought it. Well, my lemming persisted and I finally got one during the Sephora sale....it was completely worth it and worthy of the hype. It's far from boring, the colors are perfect for everyday neutral looks and no shimmers which is what I wanted. The eyeshadows are smooth and soft and rich with color. There is a little kickback but I expect that with soft eyeshadows. I love that there's only 4 shades per tone, so that it makes it easy to decide where to place on your lid. This is my staple item now and the first palette i've ever felt like i would get a backup for, in case it ever gets discontinued!

on 11/25/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I fell in love with this palette the first time I used it. Since then I have used it almost every day and have found ways to use it for any occasion. Firstly, the packaging is beautiful and even comes with suggested steps to create looks, which is particularly helpful for those who are less experienced with makeup. The best part of the packaging has to be the enormous mirror. The palette does not come with a brush, which will only be an issue for some consumers. The shadows themselves are pretty much all I could ask for in a neutral palette. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. They're super soft, although a bit powdery. That can be difficult to overcome for those of us who have become accustomed to palettes where it's harder to pick up the product. Fallout is pretty easily avoided by being gentle when picking up the product on the brush. My only issue with some of the lighter shadows is because I have watery eyes, which can wet wash some of the product away if I don't add a little extra. On the other hand, I've had the product survive sweat, tears, and even come out mostly intact from a shower! The palette is $48 and I absolutely intend to repurchase this whenever I run out!

I love love love this palette. The color payoff is awesome, great pigmentation, easy to blend. I just can't stop raving about this palette.
The colors are so neutral and easily match with any kind of makeup you put on.

I have several eyeshadow palette but this one is definitely my favorite. Sometimes with eyeshadow palette, you would end not being able to use all colors, but it doesn't happen with this one, all colors are super easy to use.

I always pick this one for my travelling palette because I got everything in one. I use the peachy color as blush on and the soft brown for contour. It's just perfect, this palette makes my travelling so much easier.

The eyeshadows may have some fall-out, I would suggest to tap off the excess before application.

I have no complaint on the price as it is still few bucks cheaper than UD Naked palette. I would say much more worth it than Naked since I'm able to use all colors (not the case with Naked palette).

Maybe the only downside for me is that I would always pretty much end up with similar eye makeup no matter which color I'm using, but maybe I'm just lacking the makeup skill.

I would definitely repurchase and I suggest people who are looking for matte neutral eyeshadow palette, go with this one, you won't be disappointed.

on 3/4/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I waited a really long time to buy this palette. I love it. I find it to be very smooth and blendable, with the exception of the shade Saleos. It's the 4th color on the bottom, left to right. That one is very "grabby" the edges are almost impossible to blend out so I find I just don't use it. I love the others, with Lazarus being my most used as a transition color. I feel that other than the middle quad, the palette does run warm leaning neutral. I have also had some irritation in the past with KVD's shadows but that is not an issue here. I use this palette daily.

It took me a while to finally get this palette and to be honest I wasn't that excited at first, however, after using it for some months now - I must admit this has quickly become my go-to every day palette.

If you love matte eyeshadows, these are top notch: buttery, blendable, pigmented. You can find all swatches and more details about the palette on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/01/26/Lets-Talk-About-Shade-Light-Eye-Palette ) You certainly can create so many looks with this palette and whenever I want a bit of sparkle - I just use any of the individual eye pigments or glitters I have and for my mattes I use KVD. I am very happy that I have this palette, I think it is something that every makeup enthusiast needs in her/his collection.

on 12/9/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only bought this because I had a coupon to use, but boy am I glad I picked it up! I always wear frost shadows on my lid, so was apprehensive about getting this all matte palette. However they blend so beautifully and the color you see in the pan is what is transferred to your lid. I have tried every shadow in the palette now and the only one that I found was kinda chalky was the pure white one. I had some fall out on my cheek. All of these colors work on my NC25-30 skintone. I would definitely pay full price for this item!

on 11/12/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palette itself is laid out in a user-friendly manner, with three functional "quads" - one more neutral, one cooler, one warmer. You can mix and match across the board, but the way the shades are arranged makes the palette very accessible for a makeup newbie trying to build a cohesive eye look.
The shades are matte, with the three palest having an incredibly subtle satin finish, barely perceptible as a sheen once applied.
These strike a near-perfect balance between smooth and dense. I had no issues getting these eye shadows to do what I wanted them to do. Haze out a soft transition... Easy. Build up a serious smokey eye... No problem. Deepen a crease with perfect accuracy, or soften the edge of a winged eyeliner... Done and done.

on 7/24/2016 9:50:00 PM

I bought this palette, and wore it for a couple of months. Then all of a sudden I developed an allergy. I now can wear Lazarus, and that's about it. The same thing happened with the Tarte Amazonian Clay matte palette btw. It seems anything bright or dark in colour is now not an option for me. That said, the colours are very pigmented, and blend very easily. If it wasn't for the allergy, I would be wearing it all the time!

on 5/18/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, but this one really stands out. First, it's all matte. As most of us know, matte shadows can sometimes have quality issues. This palette does not. The shadows in this palette are soft, creamy, blendable, pigmented, and beautiful. They hold up all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The colors vary enough that any skintone could make use of this palette. There are warm, cool, and neutral shades. The palette itself is a heavy cardboard with a mirror. The shadows are somewhat powdery and do kick up a bit of dust. This has never bothered me, but I know it is an issue for some. Overall, I think this is a fantastic, sophisticated palette that is ideal for those of us who work in conservative environments. I would definitely repurchase.