Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

on 3/11/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, the shades are very versatile and blends so good. If you are in need of a matte palette this is the palette you are looking for, it has warm, neutral and cool shades. The shades are buttery and very pigmented, you don't need much product.

on 3/4/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I waited a really long time to buy this palette. I love it. I find it to be very smooth and blendable, with the exception of the shade Saleos. It's the 4th color on the bottom, left to right. That one is very "grabby" the edges are almost impossible to blend out so I find I just don't use it. I love the others, with Lazarus being my most used as a transition color. I feel that other than the middle quad, the palette does run warm leaning neutral. I have also had some irritation in the past with KVD's shadows but that is not an issue here. I use this palette daily.

I didn't get to play around with this much as I had a fairly severe allergic reaction to the shadows. Each time I used the palette my eyes would swell up. Returned to sephora and one look at my puffy eyes the cashier didn't even have to ask why. Sad because I really liked the colour selection.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.

on 12/10/2016 3:22:00 PM

This was the first "high end" eyeshadow palette I ever got my hands on. I was so used to playing with drugstore eyeshadows, and I friend gifted this to me. If you are looking for a matte palette, go with this one. It's so versatile: I use the banana shade, "Ludwin" to set/brighten my under eyes with a very light hand, and the grey shade , "Lazarus" to carve out my cheekbones. I was a beginner with makeup when I started to use this makeup, they are buttery and so so so blendable. The palette is broken up into 3 groups and a tutorial actually comes with the palette, which makes it fool proof.
I pair this with the Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper, or you can wet your brush and use any of the darker or "defining" shades as a liner.
My favourite shade is Lucious.
If you want to buy one higher end matte palette, this should be your top contender. You can use it everyday, work or play. The colours are pigmented and buttery.
You won't regret it.

I had high hopes for this. I am at pan with my Viseart and the KVD is cheaper but has most of the colors I needed. Plus I love my KVD contour palette. Sadly - this shadow does not touch the Viseart. It's chalky, fallout sucks and the payload is not that great. Makes me sad. I like the packaging - and the price was right. So I'm returning it and sucking it up to replace my Viseart.

on 11/20/2016 10:38:00 PM

I've been having trouble making this palette work for me 100%. It works, the colours are fine and the quality is there but I can't seem to pull off a full matte look. The reviewer below me made me realize I can use this palette for crease and transition shades to use with the rest of my collection ( I have too many metallics, glitter and shimmers and not enough mattes) Now I'm going to get much more use out of it!

on 11/15/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had a drawer full of shimmer & metallic eyeshadows that went mostly unused for a long while because I had very few mattes for crease/transition shades to use along with them. I decided to do something about it and buy this all-matte palette. Am I ever glad I did, holy moly.

The shades are put into 3 quads - neutral, cool, and warm - each containing 1 base shade, 1 contour, 1 define, and 1 highlight shade. The shades are very versatile, so now I can use pretty much every single shimmer shadow I own. Problem solved! I also find that you can mix and match from each quad without the colours clashing.
One thing I absolutely LOVE is that they actually used a much larger pan for the base colours! So there will be no hitting pan on those shades first while all the other shades are mostly full. I hate when that happens, so I am very pleased about this!
The formula is very blendable and I did not notice any kick-up or fallout. Super long-wearing with my usual primers. Pigmentation is most definitely there. It's weird because it shows up so intensely on my lid even though the swatches on my inner arm looked average. I was super surprised by how fantastic the pigment is on the lid.

The packaging is gorgeous and the mirror is perfect. I can see my whole face in it at a comfortable distance. Stays closed nice and securely. Feels sturdy, like I wouldn't be afraid to travel with it. Seriously though, it's so beautiful and looks awesome on my vanity.

Price is on par with most other palettes I own. A small investment but well worth it. I'm gonna get so much use out of this. If i could give it 10 lippies I would!