Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've had this palette for a while and at first I really loved it, but the more I use it, the more I realize that the some of the shadows are kinda chalky and hard to blend out. Some of them go on a little patchy as well. I also don't like that there are a lot of similar shades in the palette- I don't think there needed to be a highlight shade in every quad in the palette. However, there are shades that I really do love in the palette- Lazarus, Saleos, Shax (extremely black), and Succubus. I like that it's all matte.

I'm conflicted as to whether I'd buy this again. As mentioned, I like the unique grey toned shades but I don't feel that there's enough of a variety of different shades. It's really not a bad palette- you have to be careful about which brushes you use, which primer you use (I tried using one of the lighter cream colored shades with the white NYX jumbo pencil and had to remove it because it was so patchy), and some shadows will require more blending than others. Overall, I think it's a good palette if you really like matte and neutral shadows, but I do think there are better formulas on the market.

on 1/5/2018 4:28:00 AM

I've had this since it came out and I've only hit pan on one shadow. I use this all the time. It's my all time favourite palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the palette you need in your collection if you looking for under-tone eyeshadow. The variety of nudes and neutrals could create tens of beautiful day to day eye-looks, as well as dark smokey ones. If you are a makeup collector, this comes in handy when using palettes which lack transition and crease colors. I have a cool tone skin type, and most of the eyeshadow palettes I own are on the warm spectrum, however, when combined with one or two shades off this palette, they give the most flattering balance. The pigmentation is UNREAL. A little goes a very, very, very long way and ensures deep color show off. The fallout does not seem to be the case with this palette either, although the texture is so mildly powdered.
It is a must in everyone`s collection, whether you are thinking of starting wearing makeup or already have tens of palettes.

on 11/25/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I fell in love with this palette the first time I used it. Since then I have used it almost every day and have found ways to use it for any occasion. Firstly, the packaging is beautiful and even comes with suggested steps to create looks, which is particularly helpful for those who are less experienced with makeup. The best part of the packaging has to be the enormous mirror. The palette does not come with a brush, which will only be an issue for some consumers. The shadows themselves are pretty much all I could ask for in a neutral palette. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. They're super soft, although a bit powdery. That can be difficult to overcome for those of us who have become accustomed to palettes where it's harder to pick up the product. Fallout is pretty easily avoided by being gentle when picking up the product on the brush. My only issue with some of the lighter shadows is because I have watery eyes, which can wet wash some of the product away if I don't add a little extra. On the other hand, I've had the product survive sweat, tears, and even come out mostly intact from a shower! The palette is $48 and I absolutely intend to repurchase this whenever I run out!

on 3/11/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, the shades are very versatile and blends so good. If you are in need of a matte palette this is the palette you are looking for, it has warm, neutral and cool shades. The shades are buttery and very pigmented, you don't need much product.

on 3/4/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I waited a really long time to buy this palette. I love it. I find it to be very smooth and blendable, with the exception of the shade Saleos. It's the 4th color on the bottom, left to right. That one is very "grabby" the edges are almost impossible to blend out so I find I just don't use it. I love the others, with Lazarus being my most used as a transition color. I feel that other than the middle quad, the palette does run warm leaning neutral. I have also had some irritation in the past with KVD's shadows but that is not an issue here. I use this palette daily.

I didn't get to play around with this much as I had a fairly severe allergic reaction to the shadows. Each time I used the palette my eyes would swell up. Returned to sephora and one look at my puffy eyes the cashier didn't even have to ask why. Sad because I really liked the colour selection.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a nice palette! I love neutrals and browns and prefer matte shades to shimmer so this is perfect for me. The eyeshadows are pigmented and finely milled, I did not have problems with fallout or getting them to show up. I'm not big on warm colors but the warm shades here are really wearable and not too reddish like a lot of warm tones. The package is beautiful and understated, plus you get a lot of product as the pans are large. Definitely becoming something I reach for very frequently when doing my makeup! Highly recommended!

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.