Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.3

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

I love this! I am late to the game on this palette, for sure, but so glad I have it now! I have recently gotten back into makeup (was just using the standard UD nakeds, etc.)- and decided to watch some youtube videos. I saw someone use this palette and knew I must have it!

I tried it the day I got it- I used the cool shades- but honestly, the reason I got it is I can see myself wearing every single shade! It doesn't lean too warm- some of these really warm looks make me look awful (which is why I'm avoiding the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, can't pull off those reds!) I like how it has a bigger pan for the base shades that you would typically use more.

I prepped and primed like I usually do with primer potion, and man, these shadows stayed put- but were easy to blend. They didn't all blend together and look messy and muddy, though, which is another thing I hate. I kept looking at my eye makeup in the mirror, checking, and it was beautiful (if I say so myself, lol) all day!

I am so impressed. Will totally repurchase!

on 12/9/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I returned mine. After hoping that I'd use all the wonderful matte browns in it, I found that only "my" region (warm) worked on me, and that I would rather save the room and cardboard by purchasing four mattes in "my" shades. YMMV.

on 11/24/2016 1:23:00 AM

Love love love Kay Von D this pallet has everything you could possibly need so many looks and the pigmentation perfection highly recommend

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love my new shade and light!... Was so happy when I heard Kat Von D was coming to the UK and Debenhams now stick her range!... I almost paid £64 on Amazon for this to be shipped from America too, thank God I waited. The colours are all so highly pigmented and easily blendable... Beautiful colours too, I will say a lot of the darker shades are VERY dark though... And as I like a brown on my lids, there's just one brown (lower left side - Sameal) that's light enough as I don't like a very dark lid. But the peach and smoke transition shades are beautiful, the whites/creams are very light and just do the job beautifully, and the black can either be used on the outer corner as its very easy to blend, or for a winged effect with a pointy dense pencil brush. I love it! It basically has everything you need in one palette. Also the packaging is gorgeous!! I love the large Gothic inside mirror. Adore this! Will try more of her things now!

on 9/11/2016 10:02:00 PM

I don't think I have ever disliked a pallet so much! I have never tried at KvD product, I usually stick to MAC or UD for shadows. I purchased this because I am in my mid 40's and matte looks better on my crepe lids.

These shadows are so soft, they are chalky and they are a mess when blending. Staying power is fine, but with a primer I never have a problem with staying power.

The color selection is OK, but once you look at it at home every day you realize you dont need so many neutrals in similar shades.

In the year I have had this palette I have used it probably 8 times. I keep trying to find something to do with it but it just isn't a pleasure to put on my makeup with this palette and makeup should be fun.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had this on my wishlist seemingly forever. But I do not have an Sephora handy to test this out and any time I was in Sephora over how many years now since I began lemming this, I for some reason always 'forgot' about it, well that and the fact that there were so many other palettes that kept coming out that I wanted to try. Oh, I should have bought this when I first wanted it!! Truly, if you like/do mostly neutral eye looks, this is a great one to try out. I love that it has basically 3 "quads" built in, a "neutral quad," a "cool toned quad" and a "warm toned quad". But of course, you can mix and match any of the shades (the black shade in the very center of the palette makes for a great liner shade, or of course to smudge out an eye look or create a smokey eye or to use to packed over an eyeliner pencil applied to eyes for more lasting power). This formula thankfully for me is friendly to my aging and 'crepey' eyes, not 'dry' or powdery. No weird settling and no creasing. I get a minimum 8 to 10 hours of wear out of these shades, and that is with no primer. They do take a wee bit of blending, but the payoff is worth it. I also do not get any fallout with these, which is another thing that I really appreciate. No eyeshadow dust to clean off my cheek is always a nice thing!! I also get little to no kickup. Just a joy to use.

on 7/23/2016 10:50:00 PM

I'm in the minority here...seriously do not like this palette. The colors look really great in the palette, but on the shadows are very chalky. I love Kat Von D products, but disappointed in this.

on 4/21/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a superb palette. Shadows are creamy and blend like a dream. I haven't yet been disappointed by a KVD product

The shadows are well-pigmented and have a buttery feel.
1. There are many light shades (very important as I usually use them up more than the dark shades)
2. There is plenty of the shade that is great for contouring my nose, it is greyish beige, similar to UD's Naked2
3. The very dark colours are not patchy which they are in many other palettes eg Crave in UD Naked Basics

But they smell of some terrible chemical...