Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This a great palette, especially for people with hooded eyes because all the colors are matte. Great x of warm, cool and neutral toned colors to create many different looks from subtle to smoked out. Pigmentation is awesome and blends easily! There is a little bit of fall out but not much. I reach for this everyday. I also have all of the Urban Decay Naked palette's but this is my clear winner because I prefer matte shades. However, I do not have the smaller UD Naked Basics palettes so I can't compare this to those palettes. The only reason I would not repurchase is because I only use the middle set of colors so I'd rather buy a smaller palette in the future. I would love it if she made a palette with just the middle four colors:)

on 12/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Im on the fence with this.

Pros :
1. Generous offer for base colors which tackles the problems with most (if not all) palettes. Value wise, this palette makes a lot sense.
2. Good-to-go palette for almost every look. Natural, work, glam, this palette rocks it.
3. Good for any level makeup expertise. Beginner to pro, this palette got your back.
4. Great price point. Im not saying this is cheap, but the price is justified for the quality

Cons :
1. The texture is bit too dry (I cant say chalky either) to my liking
2. I'm NC 25 and the neutral quad is too blah IMO. It just rubs me in the wrong way, if I may say that

I still like my LORAC palette better than this, but I can live with this palette, will use it, but will not repurchase it.

on 9/23/2017 11:13:00 PM

Absolutely beautiful, highly wearable shades that you can rock anywhere. It give you natural, work appropriate looks to sexy, dramatic smokey eyes for evening. The colors are matte-which won't exaggerate lines or wrinkles around the eyes. The shades are divided into three sections: cool, neutral, and warm tones. I own stock in brown eyeshadows-I kept asking myself-do I need another brown eyeshadow? Apparently I do. I absolutely adore this palette for its wearability. I have brown eyes-these basic but perfectly complimentary colors brings out the gold flecks in my eyes. I can see this palette being complimentary to blue, green, hazel eyes also-because the neutrals are so very flattering and never out dated. Sometimes, I want to be trendy and funky-and rock a teal eyeshadow or a purple eyeliner-but I will return to this palette again and again. I always do. I have a number of palettes from Anastasia, MAC eyeshadows, Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Peach palettes, and have tried Tarte palettes, bought Morphe palettes (yes, I'm obsessed). I keep grabbing these colors because they are dependable, buttery, flattering, highly pigmented and well coordinated shades that cross the warm, neutral, and cool tones of the color wheel. Lovely. Yeah, it ain't cheap-but you'll use it constantly to create beautiful, wearable looks. The only con I can think of is that the black eyeshadow isn't as strikingly pitch black as I would like. Fortunately, I have a lot of black eyeshadows to pull from-but the other shades are all lovely. The black isn't bad-it's just not super richly dark, more like a soft black if that makes sense. You may find that you have a "favorite" trio-depending on whether you're warm or cool toned, or prefer more neutral tones-and that trio may get more wear-but every shade is basic enough to use on its own, as a transitions shade or to blend softly on the lid, or under the brow. Great flexibility in looks and wear. Sometimes basic is better.

on 6/13/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always reach for this palette whatever eye look i am going for. All shades have great pigmentation however the black is not as intense and dark as I want. I own other black eyeshadows which I prefer over the one in this palette.

on 4/4/2017 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I think I would buy this again when I finish my first palette. I love the texture and blendability of these shadows, I like the diverse 'tones', especially since cool nudes are hard to find. I would give this a 4.5 since for many people not ALL the shade stories will work, but it is still a great product. For me, for example, I rarely use the warmer tones (aside from the middle shade of the bottom 3) because they don't compliment my skin tone. I still think this is a great palette overall though and would recommend a try.

on 3/4/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I waited a really long time to buy this palette. I love it. I find it to be very smooth and blendable, with the exception of the shade Saleos. It's the 4th color on the bottom, left to right. That one is very "grabby" the edges are almost impossible to blend out so I find I just don't use it. I love the others, with Lazarus being my most used as a transition color. I feel that other than the middle quad, the palette does run warm leaning neutral. I have also had some irritation in the past with KVD's shadows but that is not an issue here. I use this palette daily.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have nothing but good things to say about this palette. Love that it's organized into three sections: Warm, neutral, cool. Easy to create many looks. You can do natural to dramatic. Shadows pigmented and easy to blend. Love it.

on 12/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

I held off on purchasing this for awhile. It wasn't until I bought Visearts Paris Nudes palette did I know I needed a good matte palette. I have just recently finally started using mattes so I do not have a lot. Especially neutrals because I love colour but these shadows go so well with the Viseart one I'm just loving the look of mattes together with some shimmer. This palette is great because I can do full looks with it or use it with other palettes which, is what I like to do. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I like how this has the quads of neutral, cool, and warm. To me the neutral and cool shades are my most used. Especially laetus, Samuel, and lazarus which is my favorite shade in the palette.

Lazarus is a fantastic shade for contouring my crease. Being fair these shades all work well nothing too stark or muddy. I don't know why I waited to get this?!? Truley a superb set of shadows that are very silky and easy to apply. I do find they kick up a little powder but it's certainly not a deal breaker and I think it's because the shadows are so soft and buttery. Even though this palette has some warm shades and me being cool toned has not been a problem this is a really well made product. I hope KVD makes a more cooler toned one that I would buy as well. But I am very happy with this and I love using it with Visearts Paris Nudes. It really can go with anything or on its own it's a stellar palette! Recommended.

on 12/9/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I only bought this because I had a coupon to use, but boy am I glad I picked it up! I always wear frost shadows on my lid, so was apprehensive about getting this all matte palette. However they blend so beautifully and the color you see in the pan is what is transferred to your lid. I have tried every shadow in the palette now and the only one that I found was kinda chalky was the pure white one. I had some fall out on my cheek. All of these colors work on my NC25-30 skintone. I would definitely pay full price for this item!

I had high hopes for this. I am at pan with my Viseart and the KVD is cheaper but has most of the colors I needed. Plus I love my KVD contour palette. Sadly - this shadow does not touch the Viseart. It's chalky, fallout sucks and the payload is not that great. Makes me sad. I like the packaging - and the price was right. So I'm returning it and sucking it up to replace my Viseart.