Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

on 12/27/2016 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is honestly the best matte eyeshadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are amazing! They blend perfectly and are very pigmented (I was really surprised when I dipped my brush into the white). There are colours for every skin colour and undertone in this palette, for dark and pale people. As an extremely pale person I was delighted to find I could wear all the lovely shades as some colours don't suit me at all. This palette is also at such a good price, it's not too expensive for the amazing quality and beautiful packaging. Everybody needs this palette.

on 7/12/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My everyday go-to eyeshadow palette! Perfect for "natural" looks or more dramatic looks. The pigmentation is very good along with the blendability.

You can do a lot of looks on this palette but since it's all matte I still do have to reach for other palettes/eyeshadows for a pop of colour on the centre of my lid. The packaging is beautiful, but the shadow names are on the back and I'm a bit confused if the names refer to the shade directly above it. But these aren't major issues for me.

I much prefer this over the Naked (1&2) palettes, neither of which I own but with this palette you don't really need it in my opinion. Overall an amazing palette.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite palette ever and i have purchased many palettes. I love how there are cool, neutral and warm quads which work amazingly together and other shades can also work well together. The formulation is also amazing. Such high pigment and colour payoff i can wear these easily without priming the eyes. The black is well very black and when your brush is wet it is great to use as a liner. I love all of Kat Von D products and this is definitely one of her best. Such a well formulated, well thought out product and it definitely deserves the hype it gets.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

PERFECTION. Matte formula eyeshadows that range from neutral to cool to warm tones? SIGN ME UP.

The shadows are very pigmented, even the light colors. The only issue for this palette is that the eyeshadows are TOOO DUSTY AND POWDERY. Like once you swirl your brush on a pan, powder is everywhere. I wouldn't say they're dense or creamy or buttery, they're very dusty while still being pigmented, although it's kind of a waste of product since you're blowing away most of the product when they're supposed to be on your brush.

on 5/12/2015 8:28:00 PM

I was a little reluctant to purchase this palette at first, but I am so glad I did.

This palette is so versatile, and the colours are gorgeous. There are 3 quads in total: A warm quad, a cool quad and a neutral quad. You can create a look using one of the three quads or by using the palette as a whole. It also comes with a little guide to show you how to create 3 different looks, which I thought was helpful and a nice touch.

I found the quality of this palette to be very good. By swiping my finger in a colour once and doing a swatch on my arm (no primer), the colour was very pigmented, as if I had gone back and forth on the colour multiple times. In addition, there was also very little fallout, and it blended beautifully!

The first time I used this palette, I used a combo of colours from the entire palette instead of just one quad. The lasting power of these shadows was incredible. After I was done my foundation, I used the e.l.f. eyeshadow primer and then applied my eyeshadow. It was such a hot, humid and muggy day. I definitely was sweating, but my shadows never creased. I applied my makeup around 3:30 p.m. and when I went to wash my face at 12:30 a.m. It still looked flawless!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging. It comes in fairly sturdy cardboard packaging, but I, for one, am just not a fan of this. Eyeshadows are so delicate and can easily be smashed or crumble. I would have way rather have seen this palette come in packaging similar to the Naked Palettes.