L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2

L'Oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2
La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2

3.1

on 10/1/2018 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love this palette..I have Nude 1 and the Nude Noir one (which I think was limited addition) ..I find the shadows beautiful and easy to blend...HOWEVER in the drugstores by me they go from $19-$25, which is crazy. I got mine on ebay for under $10 with free shipping :)

The colors look beautiful, and each shade appears to be the full size of a single eyeshadow, which is very generous! The only problem I have with this palette is that the colors are too warm for my skintone, and make me look very tired. Also, it would've been better if there was a matte black e/s. It's great in quality and quantity, though.

on 6/5/2018 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Barely any pigment

on 4/4/2018 6:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Bought it in sale (€10), palette version 1. Colours are nice, not too warm, which I prefer. There are a few light colours, which I like compared to other brands. I used multiple brushes, but it does not pick up a lot of product, compared to for example Colourpop and Urban Decay. You have to put on multiple layers before you see the colour. It is easy blendable, and the product fades away after 12 hours (during the day it looks good though). Overall, I like the colours and I think the quality is good for €10.

on 12/31/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The shades were way too similar and I have played with numerous combos. The light shades are not light enough for decent contrast with a crease color. The colors are pretty enough but for the price I could've gotten 2 or 3 smaller trios and been happy. Live and learn.

on 9/21/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought ( i got the number1) this as a dupe for the Naked palette but I don't like most the colours. Actually, I don't like to use eyeshadow in general so I might end up using these over lip colours, highlighter or bronzer. Little goes a long way. Don't think I will ever repurchase these.

on 9/17/2017 10:38:00 PM

I am really on the fence about this palette. This is very travel-friendly. The palette's packaging is cute in my opinion, but doesn't compare to high-end packaging level of "cute" or "ooh la la ;)" vibes. I will say this, the pigmentation is actually fairly good, the shadows are quite buttery and the shades are in my opinion for the L.A. 1 Palette quite good, the mixture of textures are quite pleasing I personally love the selection of a matte bone shade, neutral build-able matte transition shades, deeper browns, foiled highlights, my only quarrel is the darkest shade is shimmery (but considering 9/10 are quite well thought out I don't mind.) They perform well and can very easily produce a nice look. However, the 2nd palette color choice-wise I do not recommend because of the fact that the shadows in that palette are either so light or so dark that it makes it harder to create a blend-able look. I could get over these dilemmas for an affordable pick-me-up drugstore item, but the major issue I have with this is about longevity. I will apply these eyeshadows with a primer, and within about 10 minutes they've really lost their pigmentation and give a really faded and muddy look. I haven't experienced that with most eyeshadows... It's quite odd and for that reason alone, for how terrible it frays off the face, I give it 2 stars off. If you are trying to make this work, I recommend that you apply a very high-end primer with a drag-level quality setting spray in order to force these eyeshadows to hopefully not budge.

on 9/9/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this a while ago in the Nude 2 version (cooler colors) as an alternative to a pricier Urban Decay palette but quickly shelved it after a few uses. There are no really light or dark shades, most of them are very similar and fall somewhere in between. With my NW20 skin tone I like a lighter base colour but these were all too dark and not flattering and ended up looking muddy. Not sure who it would be flattering on, frankly. For a drugstore product it was not cheap either, I recall it being in the $20 range in Canada. A waste of money.

on 8/6/2017 8:32:00 PM

I'm a bridal makeup artist and was given this palette #1 as a gift from a friend. I have HE and LE products in my kit and thought I would see how this paned out. I was pleasantly surprised at how the colour payoff turned out. Now, I DID prime the girls eyelids with UD eye primer and I'm sure that had played a factor into it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how I was able to do a nice brown smoky timeless look on the bridal party. It blended well, the colour selection was perfect for even a deep Mediterranean skintone I was working with and what was most important, all the girls were happy with how they looked and felt. The 'satin' shades were a bit dusty, they could have been more finely milled, but I mean, for a drugstore product, its pretty damn good. Would I repurchase? Probably not as it was given to me as a gift, but if you're on a budget and can't afford a $50+ eye palette but still want something to create some fun looks with, this would do the trick.

I think it is really worth buying, let's not forget it is a drugstore brand for an amazing price. Totally recommend it