L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2
La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2

3.1

on 9/21/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought ( i got the number1) this as a dupe for the Naked palette but I don't like most the colours. Actually, I don't like to use eyeshadow in general so I might end up using these over lip colours, highlighter or bronzer. Little goes a long way. Don't think I will ever repurchase these.

on 9/17/2017 10:38:00 PM

I am really on the fence about this palette. This is very travel-friendly. The palette's packaging is cute in my opinion, but doesn't compare to high-end packaging level of "cute" or "ooh la la ;)" vibes. I will say this, the pigmentation is actually fairly good, the shadows are quite buttery and the shades are in my opinion for the L.A. 1 Palette quite good, the mixture of textures are quite pleasing I personally love the selection of a matte bone shade, neutral build-able matte transition shades, deeper browns, foiled highlights, my only quarrel is the darkest shade is shimmery (but considering 9/10 are quite well thought out I don't mind.) They perform well and can very easily produce a nice look. However, the 2nd palette color choice-wise I do not recommend because of the fact that the shadows in that palette are either so light or so dark that it makes it harder to create a blend-able look. I could get over these dilemmas for an affordable pick-me-up drugstore item, but the major issue I have with this is about longevity. I will apply these eyeshadows with a primer, and within about 10 minutes they've really lost their pigmentation and give a really faded and muddy look. I haven't experienced that with most eyeshadows... It's quite odd and for that reason alone, for how terrible it frays off the face, I give it 2 stars off. If you are trying to make this work, I recommend that you apply a very high-end primer with a drag-level quality setting spray in order to force these eyeshadows to hopefully not budge.

on 8/6/2017 8:32:00 PM

I'm a bridal makeup artist and was given this palette #1 as a gift from a friend. I have HE and LE products in my kit and thought I would see how this paned out. I was pleasantly surprised at how the colour payoff turned out. Now, I DID prime the girls eyelids with UD eye primer and I'm sure that had played a factor into it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how I was able to do a nice brown smoky timeless look on the bridal party. It blended well, the colour selection was perfect for even a deep Mediterranean skintone I was working with and what was most important, all the girls were happy with how they looked and felt. The 'satin' shades were a bit dusty, they could have been more finely milled, but I mean, for a drugstore product, its pretty damn good. Would I repurchase? Probably not as it was given to me as a gift, but if you're on a budget and can't afford a $50+ eye palette but still want something to create some fun looks with, this would do the trick.

on 4/10/2017 8:31:00 PM

Although the ratings on this website are a tad low, I think it's due to the method of application. I bought rosy nudes or palette 2. The colors are beautiful with a good selection of matte and shimmer. The trick is to use disposable sponge applicators which are able to press on a good even application of eyeshadow. Perhaps the beginners in makeup prefer drug store brands which are buildable. I find this to be true as you evaluate at each step of application to assess how much more of each shadow to apply. This is indispensable for daily office wear. It give s lovely polished look.

on 9/9/2017 12:30:00 PM

I purchased this a while ago in the Nude 2 version (cooler colors) as an alternative to a pricier Urban Decay palette but quickly shelved it after a few uses. There are no really light or dark shades, most of them are very similar and fall somewhere in between. With my NW20 skin tone I like a lighter base colour but these were all too dark and not flattering and ended up looking muddy. Not sure who it would be flattering on, frankly. For a drugstore product it was not cheap either, I recall it being in the $20 range in Canada. A waste of money.

I think it is really worth buying, let's not forget it is a drugstore brand for an amazing price. Totally recommend it

on 2/27/2016 10:23:00 AM

I have A LOT of eyeshadow palettes, so I wasn't really expecting much. I bought both of these palettes to try, and I think they are just okay. I have a medium skintone, which I think affects how this looks on the skin. In the palette, they look great, but on my skin, the shimmery shades do not seem to show up as well. As for the formula, it is very smooth and buttery, yet easy to blend. If only the colors showed up more on me. The palette does come with a brush, but I don't use it. The eyeshadow doesn't seem to kick up very much, which might be a plus to many users. The price point is certainly cheaper than buying high-end palettes. All in all, if you are happy buying drugstore, you should buy this palette. It is ALMOST as good. I just don't think that it is on par when it comes to pigmentation. These palettes would work very well for lighter skintones since the shades might show up more.

I bought this to serve as an everyday eye shadow palette. I was so excited to try this because L'Oreal usually has amazing dupes for high-end makeup products and was hoping that this would compare to the ever-so-expensive UD Naked palette or Too Face's Chocolate Bar. The color selection is great. There are an abundance of mattes and a few shimmery shades.

This palette; however, was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. The color payoff is horrible, I had to dig my brushes into the product and the colors still did not appear pigmented at all. There was also a lot of fallout.

Will not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My dad got this for me when he was in Japan for like ¥2,500+..yes it was pretty expensive but considering it was a L'oreal product, I actually thought it would work well but no. The pigmentation sucks. I have tried rubbing my fingers on the pans but I see nothing. It also smells like fake and expired cocoa and it is really strong. This is a waste of money.

on 8/8/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YO YO YO UPDATE +1 lippie:
Oooh, the most notable underdog in my make up bag came in help. It's a little NYC palette, I think it's called Individual Eyes or something, well you know the smoky quad that also provides highlighter and primer. That palette gave me the worst eyes skin rash ever, I mean I had to go to the hospital, but I discovered it was only partially its fault..long story short I gave it a second chance and guess what? I still hate it with all my guts. Dammit. BUT the primer and the highlighter are nuts. The highlighter makes you shine brighter than a disco ball and both Edward Cullen and Jefree Star should get it. I never considered the primer as I never use shadows for going out as I'm still learning - and I'm a verrry lazy student. But guess what. That tiny little inoffensive primer saved this palette from the bin. The primer itself is so pigmented you might be afraid it will ruin the eyeshadow game at start, but it disappears as soon a shadow touches it and makes the colour outstand in their whole beauty (well, beauty of other brand's shadows, not surely this L'oreal's we talkin about). That was nice to discover! I can't wait to try it on the long run. Oh well I still hate the palette expecially due to its massive fall out. It stains everything. Brrr.

Plain, plain terrible. Like, really? How do they dare to call this a palette?
I'm not really into eyeshadow, as it took me 10+ years to master a flawless cat eye with a basic pen eyeliner...eyeshadows are way too difficult for my shaky hands. I sometimes watch in awe all those video bloggers on youtube that make it seem so easy, but then I try and I mess everything up and seems like somebody punched in my face. But a simple cat eye is a complex eyeshadow game who has never been brave enough to fly higher....so I was in for a challenge.
There was this huge nude fashion I never understood, expecially lipsticks. I mean come on, it sounds like a bigger lie to me, after decades of men shaming ladies for cheating and looking better than they actually are. Screw them, I'll still look like a cheap prostitute ANY DAY if I feel like it. I'll cleanse and show my real self in all my zombie glory and you, sweet love of a one night stand, won't run away as I've hidden the keys and locked the door. Boo hoo. BUT. But the whole eyeshadow game that has been in vogue for the last 5 years got me thinking it wasn't that hard, and could add a nice plus to my classic look. Yeah, whatever.
But then I saw the prices and I was like wo wo wo no, why should I pay 50 euros for something I don't get. No, keep it.
Then L'oreal pulled this Nude palette I paid the insane amount of...5 euros. It was on a special discount on Amazon.it as it was sold in its Christmas edition packaging, which was basically just a paper box with some macarons design and that was it. Oh and it has stickers in it, two rows of alphabet letters you can glue to the palette and feeling special needs for once as a christmas/everyday gift to yourself (of course I glued a very, very offensive swearing in italian on my box, because YES). But after you open the box, it's just the same Beige palette you find everywhere. For 5 euros I can't even buy the 8 colors palette by Wet'n'wild so I was like hey, I made a deal, and the palette it's not considered *that* bad online. LIES! It's the worst!
I don't have a clue about you know, consistence, pigmentation, stuff. I see colors, I like them, I put dirt on my face and pretend I'm Courtney Love. But something sounds strange when you, you know, swatch them on the arm just for swatching's own sake, as it is super fun, and.........nothing showed up on my NC15 skin. It was like painting a white canvas but no colors appeared. They were so weak and dull I got the impression that maybe it was me...but no. Except the black shadow, the others are plain useless. So, I thought I needed an eye primer: I bought it and nothing changed. I wore my W7 silicone primer, same story. I was so mad I almost smashed it on the floor!
I see they have to be nude but I still have to hear the Invisible make up fashion. I checked and double checked if they were expired, but everything was fine, the box was perfectly sealed and incorrupted.
Shameful! I'm so sorry for anybody who had to pay this more than a bunch of dimes. I feel robbed even if I paid just 5 euros.