MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 with Radiance Booster

MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 with Radiance Booster
Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 with Radiance Booster

3.6

Lightful C SPF 30/PA : Ingredients:Octinoxate 7.50 Octisalate 4.00 Oxybenzone 2.50 Titanium Dioxide 1.10 Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl Linoleate/Oleate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Caffeine, Glycerin, Ergothioneine, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Trehalose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Bisabolol, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Alumina, Silica, Urea, Polyquaternium-51, Sucrose, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947)]

on 12/6/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this product but I don't see it on the website anymore I really hope it's not discontinued!

This is definitely a mixture of the better aspects of a tinted moisturizer and cc cream which is probably why it's the "Lightful c tinted cream"

It has a thick almost mousse like texture but despite the texture it's very lightweight and doesn't feel heavy.

The shades lean more warm due to the "CC cream" aspect which seems like it would be too orange but it can actually help make your face look brighter and more fresh looking whereas those that are more neutral (like most tinted moisturizers) can make yellow toned or pink toned people look quite gray due to being too neutral whereas this looks more glowy.

I'd say this gives pretty good coverage, about almost medium coverage. I have some hyperpigmentation and it covered it BUT I apply it by stippling it on with a flat top buffing brush and that's how it gives it great coverage. I find the slight peach tone really helps counteract any dark spots or areas which makes sense since its part of the "Lightful" range which is meant to help these issues. I like that it actually has vitamin c quite high on the list too.
I wouldn't use this with your fingers or a sponge unless you want sheer coverage.
I feel like the coverage(when stippled with a flat top) is as good if not better than the it cosmetics CC cream.

Another reason why I LOVE this is because it works AMAZING for my oily skin. I've never found a tinted moisturizer or CC cream that keeps my oils at bay while simultaneously giving me a slight glow that doesn't look greasy, it a miracle product, I kid you not.
I noticed that it withstands long days, heat, etc unlike any tinted product or most foundations. This is a highly underrated product

I love this tinted cream. Did not cause me any break outs!!! BUT i would not recommend to apply it with fingers or sponge cause its really hard to blend. But it works wonders with a flat top brush, a kabuki brush and a dense synthetic brush. If u apply it that way you will have the most flawless finish. Got a lot of compliments. People where chocked that I got such a flawless finish by just using a tinted cream. I use powder on top and its verry nice.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Not the biggest fan. I much prefer the older studio tint tinted moisturizer...why did Mac have to discontinue that one?!! The Lightful C t.m. with radiance booster does the complete opposite, I feel like it makes my skin look very dull. It's also quite difficult to blend in and severely emphasizes all my dry patches. After 5 minutes wearing this I am a flaky mess. On top of that It has very poor wear time, after about 6 hours I oddly look like a greasy mess with flaky skin. I don't know how this tinted "moisturizer" can pull that off. No thanks, will never repurchase. Trying to decide how I'll even finish the tube.

on 1/21/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read Paula's review and decided to buy this rather pricey tinted moisturizer. I am a NC25-30 and got Light Plus. Is it the right shade for me? I don't know! It oxidizes like crazy, so WHO KNOWS? I don't know how everyone is finger blending this, I have to use a super wet beauty blender and spread it pretty thin to get it presentable, at this point I am probably not getting the SPF 30, which was why I want it in the first place.

on 1/16/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Love the variety of shades they provide, much more than I've ever seen for any CC cream. This product looks great on initial application, however, the wear time is not stellar. I was testing this out while on break, with no work or school, and I rather enjoyed how it looked throughout the day, keeping in mind that I only wore it out a couple hours at a time. When I returned to work and school, my days could be a maximum of 12 hours out and about. I wore this during my regular work/school routine, I was shocked at how bad it looked about 6-8 hours (if not sooner, I don't get to consult mirrors that often) into the day. I have normal, slightly dry skin, but never am I oily. This foundation made me look like an oil slick when I checked in the mirror! I was absolutely shocked. I then decided to switch to my sample of the It Cosmetics CC Cream.. WAY better product! How it looked when I applied it in the morning was the same way it looked when I got home at night. Definitely recommend the It Cosmetics over Mac. If I hadn't discovered the It CC, I would say this product isn't THAT bad. However, discovering a way better product in the same category has definitely swayed my opinion.

on 11/23/2016 4:10:00 AM

Had enough of foundation. The process of putting foundation on is far too long and complicated sometimes. I will keep it for special evening.

All I needed was a tinted cream with light coverage......MAC once again is giving all to me!!!!!!!!!!

Easy to put on after my moisturizer. Give the the right coverage that I need.
Stay as long as it needs. I go to Gym midday so I am ok to put it back after.

Sometimes I put powder sometimes I don t - just depends on the mood.

I do feel my skin is also looking nice but it could be also that I do take care of my skin anyway!

The best way to apply is the Avene style which is using your hand and fingers.

Loving it!

on 9/26/2016 5:08:00 AM

I don't usually review things but this cream is absolutely amazing. Exactly what I was looking for. Days when I'm going to work and can't be bothered to get out the beauty blender and put on foundation, I just rub this in with my fingers and it looks like your skin but way more amazing!! I also use it under foundations, which means I use half as much foundation now, it acts as a really good pore reducing base. Wonderful product!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

With radiance booster....that is no joke! This TM gives a very radiant glow to the skin. It's not shimmery. It's not glittery, but it's BAM there like whoa. I'm okay with being so radiant but as the day goes on, it kind of takes it too far and I'm looking more shiny than angelic.
But, overall I do enjoy this because it does actually have a matte feel to it. It's not that typical greasy tinted moisturizer feel and finish. I don't need powder to set this which is very rare. It does have that SPF smell to it. It's not a total turn off but I'm not a fan of it. The scent lingers too especially if you sweat. I can be reactive to SPF but this one doesn't seem to cause issues. I do have some cystic acne going on along my R side jawline but I highly doubt it's this causing it.
Since this is my first time buying Lightful C, I wasn't sure of my shade. The MAC SA matched me to Dark. Dark works now but I would switch to a lighter shade come wintertime. I would have to say that this color matches me better than my previous tinted moisturizer which was Dior Hydralife in #2. Lightful C stays true to color all day long even when I sweat. No oxidation.
The only con is that this burns my eyes like crazy. I like to wear some makeup when I workout and while I was biking and sweating, this stuff ran into my eyes and the burn was pretty intense. I couldn't keep my eyes open lol which is a safety hazard. Not sure if I will use this again while working out or just bring a towel next time to wipe my sweat.

on 7/12/2016 11:33:00 PM

I just bought my 2nd tube of this. It is holy grail for me! Has the consistency of a tinted moisturizer, but dries to a matte finish. It reminds me of a primer. I can wear it alone or under powder. This is the first sunscreen that I have ever loved and I even wear it at night bc I like the buildable coverage. Not only has it never caused a single breakout, but I've actually noticed an improvement in my skin!!! Maybe it's all the antioxidants? I have suffered from breakouts for ages, but ever since I started using this a few months ago, my complexion has never been clearer! I was worried about it not being mattifying enough in the summer months, but it works beautifully.

on 6/25/2016 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This does transfer and is NOT full coverage. You can get about medium coverage. That said, I love it! I've been using it for a year now and I have repurchased. I am huge on skin health over foundation and this doesn't give my skin that dull look once removed. I got tons of compliments while wearing that it looks natural. The finish is a natural/demi matte. It works well for oil control.