Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer
Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

3.1

Water Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Pentylene Glycol Ethylhexylglycerin Lactic Acid Butylene Glycol Fragrance Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract Phenoxyethanol Sodium Hyaluronate Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract Zingiber Officinade (Ginger) Root Extract Benzyl Benzoate Benzyl Salicylate

on 6/22/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer flakes off everytime i use it, i rubbed it off until theres no more residue left then i continue with allnighter setting spray and foundation. Despite the flakey stuff, this primer controls oil and shine, keep my makeup intact all day and make luminous powder matte.

on 5/12/2018 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yay, finally!!! Ok so this primer isn’t perfect & that’s why it doesn’t get 5 lippies -but- it actually works at keeping me matte! By the end of the day I’ll be slightly dewy but it’s not even enough to bother blotting, just looks like I’ve spritzed my face (for reference my t-zone is insanely oily so this is a big deal for me)
The not perfect bit is that it does emphasise the pores on my nose, I remedy this by applying a pore refining primer over it on those areas, which might seem extra but it works and I get the result I want, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Extra pro’s about this primer are: no faffy application technique, no white cast/ flashback, no weird chalky feeling, foundation applied normally over it, keeps makeup in place.

*Tip: baking in conjunction with this primer can end up looking *too* matte/ cakey so defo have a fix plus or similar on hand Xx

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am not a fan of this product. For reference: I have combo/oily skin. Oily t-zone.

I purchased the travel size of this product and I’m glad I didn’t buy the full size. My go to mattifying primer is the Hourglass veil primer, but I wanted to try something new/cheaper.

This does nothing for me in terms of mattifying my skin. When I apply this to my t-zone, it leaves weird patches when I apply foundation over the area. I’ve tried patting or rubbing in the product and both attempts disappointed me.

Definitely would not repurchase.

on 11/15/2017 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I’m not satisfied with this primer especially considering how much I paid for it. I bought it in Shanghai at MUFE store. I paid $65 for this (yes it’s china original products are overpriced ). I tried out this product in a hot and humid country it did nothing. It was quite embarrassing to mention I was wearing a primer for $65. Used this in a different country ,different climate. Got about the same results. Winter came and tried to put it on. It DID NOTHING EVEN IN WINTER !!!! On my cousins wedding my sister sprayed nyx mattifying spray , and I used the step 1 mattifying primer. We got oily round about the same time. I was disappointed because nyx is a drugstore and mine was high end. Honestly, I would rather just go for nyx mattifying spray. It worked wonders and still works wonders. Definitely won’t be repurchasing 👎🏾. But I’m gonna use it till it’s done. P:S my friend said it was ok for her. I’m not expecting an ok I’m expecting WONDERS!!!

on 10/27/2017 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really couldn't like this primer less. It cakes on my skin and leaves flakey spots and the makes my makeup really uneven and weird looking. I wouldn't buy this again and am grateful I only got the travel size.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

made little holes in my foundation where my pores are which is definitely a deal breaker because it just looks so weird. I wanted this to be the product that would save my makeup from my extremely oily skin! The hunt for a good primer continues.

on 6/13/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it!I never used a primer before because I personally didn't think it was necessary, but I take that back now. I have oily acne prone skin n this primer has been amazing on my skin. The primer helps prevent breakouts by being a barrier between the skin and the makeup and this product definitely does its job. My makeup still looks good after about four hours as well. I didn't give it 5 stars because it's pretty expensive, more than my foundation actually, but still worth it if you want to have good quality products.

on 5/31/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a very good primer for an oily T-Zone. I use this specifically for my forehead, nose and chin and it controls the oil beautifully, I only have to blot the nose once or twice in an 8 hour time span.

You don't need a ton of product, in fact the packaging prevents you from squeezing out too much product. I use a different primer for the rest of my face and using the MUFE for my targeted areas makes for a great combination.

I do find that this does not give the absolute oil control I used to get with Becca Ever-Matte Primer but the ease of application makes this worthwhile for me. The price is too high....so if I do find a cheaper alternative, I'd be open to using it as long as it performs with the same results.

I must be the negative one and say that its not my holy grail mattifying primer for my Tzone.I dont know why,but Its not.I have to say that are days when my nose doesnt shine and days when it does,under it.

on 5/5/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely my favorite primer. Keeps my very oily face matte all day. But I have noticed when I spray on setting spray white dots appear all over my face , I guess it's the primer reacting to liquid. Buts it's very ugly but only downside to this awesome primer.