Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer
Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

3.2

Water Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Pentylene Glycol Ethylhexylglycerin Lactic Acid Butylene Glycol Fragrance Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract Phenoxyethanol Sodium Hyaluronate Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract Zingiber Officinade (Ginger) Root Extract Benzyl Benzoate Benzyl Salicylate

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

made little holes in my foundation where my pores are which is definitely a deal breaker because it just looks so weird. I wanted this to be the product that would save my makeup from my extremely oily skin! The hunt for a good primer continues.

on 6/13/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it!I never used a primer before because I personally didn't think it was necessary, but I take that back now. I have oily acne prone skin n this primer has been amazing on my skin. The primer helps prevent breakouts by being a barrier between the skin and the makeup and this product definitely does its job. My makeup still looks good after about four hours as well. I didn't give it 5 stars because it's pretty expensive, more than my foundation actually, but still worth it if you want to have good quality products.

on 5/31/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a very good primer for an oily T-Zone. I use this specifically for my forehead, nose and chin and it controls the oil beautifully, I only have to blot the nose once or twice in an 8 hour time span.

You don't need a ton of product, in fact the packaging prevents you from squeezing out too much product. I use a different primer for the rest of my face and using the MUFE for my targeted areas makes for a great combination.

I do find that this does not give the absolute oil control I used to get with Becca Ever-Matte Primer but the ease of application makes this worthwhile for me. The price is too high....so if I do find a cheaper alternative, I'd be open to using it as long as it performs with the same results.

on 5/5/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely my favorite primer. Keeps my very oily face matte all day. But I have noticed when I spray on setting spray white dots appear all over my face , I guess it's the primer reacting to liquid. Buts it's very ugly but only downside to this awesome primer.

I must be the negative one and say that its not my holy grail mattifying primer for my Tzone.I dont know why,but Its not.I have to say that are days when my nose doesnt shine and days when it does,under it.

This primer broke me out so badly! Which is strange because their Step 1 brightening primer for fair skin (blue tube) was quite nice- not amazing, but did the job both at mattifying and brightening. I'm glad I got the sample! As for mattifying, it didn't do anything more than my all time favorite primer- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner (which is also more affordable). It made my pores look smaller, but overall it was an average product, especially for the price.

on 2/25/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So here is a product that is highly recommended by Sephora sales personnel but it is not worth the money at all. I bought this because of my very oily skin and it did not do a thing other than irritating my skin. Sure it feels good when rubbed on but within seconds, it turns to cement. I felt like my pores were suffocating. To make the matters worse, I used this under MUFE Matte Velvet and the combination was a joke. So you layer your skin with these and they all melt within 4 hours. The combination which cost more than $80, ended up being worse than a cheap $5 drugstore foundation. WetnWild primer does a better job. Bad MUFE!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this because summer's almost here and i get really oily on my t-zone. I just used it in that area and the primed the reat of my face with smashbox primer. It felt like it was suckng the moisture out from that area but after a while it felt normal and it did keep my oil at bay. It will be great for summer.

on 1/6/2017 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Quite surprised this product has such lousy reviews on here!

It's the best primer I've tried for combination skin, and it keeps my T-zone oil free for a long time.

on 11/21/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm surprised this primer has such a low score here, but when I read the reviews, I suspect it's because people here aren't using it correctly.

This primer is meant for oily skin and would probably be most applicable to those living in humid climates. It absorbs a ton of oil and keeps your face matte all day. My makeup was absolutely perfect for 10 whole hours.

Additionally, this product decreases the product slip on the skin significantly, so foundation holds better and is more buildable. My medium coverage foundation turned into an almost full coverage foundation with this. Precisely because of this decrease in slip, foundation cannot be applied by hand, and is best applied over this primer with a sponge like the Beauty Blender.

To apply this primer properly, you also have to squeeze small amounts out and apply small areas at a time. That's probably also why the nozzle is so tiny. If you try to squeeze out a huge lump and apply it to large areas of your face at a go, you will experience the balling / clumping that other users mentioned, because it's not meant to be used that way.

This kind of product, which was designed specifically to keep makeup on your face and shine at bay, and does it so well, will obviously have sacrificed other aspects. There is no such thing as a primer that does everything- chemistry doesn't allow it. In this case, what was sacrificed was hydration.

My face is combination dry-oily - dry on the cheeks, oily on the lids and T-zone. My cheeks became very dry after 5 days of repeated usage. This is not a daily use product unless you hv super oily skin all over. For the average person, this would be a special occasion primer where you forego skin health for a day to achieve that super flawless look, e.g. for an outdoor wedding shoot or event, or where you need the makeup to really last for more than 8 hours on end.

Would I repurchase? Yes, but only on the travel size, precisely because it's a special occasion primer.