Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer
Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

3.2

Water Ľ Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Ľ Pentylene Glycol Ľ Ethylhexylglycerin Ľ Lactic Acid Ľ Butylene Glycol Ľ Fragrance Ľ Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract Ľ Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract Ľ Phenoxyethanol Ľ Sodium Hyaluronate Ľ Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract Ľ Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract Ľ Zingiber Officinade (Ginger) Root Extract Ľ Benzyl Benzoate Ľ Benzyl Salicylate

on 5/5/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely my favorite primer. Keeps my very oily face matte all day. But I have noticed when I spray on setting spray white dots appear all over my face , I guess it's the primer reacting to liquid. Buts it's very ugly but only downside to this awesome primer.

I must be the negative one and say that its not my holy grail mattifying primer for my Tzone.I dont know why,but Its not.I have to say that are days when my nose doesnt shine and days when it does,under it.

This primer broke me out so badly! Which is strange because their Step 1 brightening primer for fair skin (blue tube) was quite nice- not amazing, but did the job both at mattifying and brightening. I'm glad I got the sample! As for mattifying, it didn't do anything more than my all time favorite primer- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner (which is also more affordable). It made my pores look smaller, but overall it was an average product, especially for the price.

on 2/25/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So here is a product that is highly recommended by Sephora sales personnel but it is not worth the money at all. I bought this because of my very oily skin and it did not do a thing other than irritating my skin. Sure it feels good when rubbed on but within seconds, it turns to cement. I felt like my pores were suffocating. To make the matters worse, I used this under MUFE Matte Velvet and the combination was a joke. So you layer your skin with these and they all melt within 4 hours. The combination which cost more than $80, ended up being worse than a cheap $5 drugstore foundation. WetnWild primer does a better job. Bad MUFE!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this because summer's almost here and i get really oily on my t-zone. I just used it in that area and the primed the reat of my face with smashbox primer. It felt like it was suckng the moisture out from that area but after a while it felt normal and it did keep my oil at bay. It will be great for summer.

on 1/6/2017 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Quite surprised this product has such lousy reviews on here!

It's the best primer I've tried for combination skin, and it keeps my T-zone oil free for a long time.

on 11/21/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm surprised this primer has such a low score here, but when I read the reviews, I suspect it's because people here aren't using it correctly.

This primer is meant for oily skin and would probably be most applicable to those living in humid climates. It absorbs a ton of oil and keeps your face matte all day. My makeup was absolutely perfect for 10 whole hours.

Additionally, this product decreases the product slip on the skin significantly, so foundation holds better and is more buildable. My medium coverage foundation turned into an almost full coverage foundation with this. Precisely because of this decrease in slip, foundation cannot be applied by hand, and is best applied over this primer with a sponge like the Beauty Blender.

To apply this primer properly, you also have to squeeze small amounts out and apply small areas at a time. That's probably also why the nozzle is so tiny. If you try to squeeze out a huge lump and apply it to large areas of your face at a go, you will experience the balling / clumping that other users mentioned, because it's not meant to be used that way.

This kind of product, which was designed specifically to keep makeup on your face and shine at bay, and does it so well, will obviously have sacrificed other aspects. There is no such thing as a primer that does everything- chemistry doesn't allow it. In this case, what was sacrificed was hydration.

My face is combination dry-oily - dry on the cheeks, oily on the lids and T-zone. My cheeks became very dry after 5 days of repeated usage. This is not a daily use product unless you hv super oily skin all over. For the average person, this would be a special occasion primer where you forego skin health for a day to achieve that super flawless look, e.g. for an outdoor wedding shoot or event, or where you need the makeup to really last for more than 8 hours on end.

Would I repurchase? Yes, but only on the travel size, precisely because it's a special occasion primer.

on 11/15/2016 4:34:00 AM

A Big No!

I bought this primer with the hope that it would help me keep my oiliness away for most of my work day.
And indeed it does that. It mattifies to the point that my skin looks incredibly dull.

However, my main problem with it is the texture. It is very thick and NOT EASY to blend.
While you are trying to blend it, quite often it will start clumping up and peeling off.
And of course, applying foundation on top (I have tried BB creams, liquid foundations, powder foundations, everything) will just look patchy and uneven and not good in general.
This happens no matter what combination of moisturizer (underneath) and foundation (on top) I am wearing for the day. I soon as I put this primer to the mix I get clumbs everywhere.

I tried to be patient with it and find a way to use it but it just won't work.
This primer is going to the bin.

on 9/15/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So wanted to love this primer due to all the great youtube reviews. Alas not for me. I found this primer was easy to apply but felt as it set my skin would be tacky and applying my liquid foundation was difficult. It was like tugging on my skin while I blend my liquid foundation. I use a beauty blender exclusively for my liquid makeup application. This primer did not like my MAC face and body at all. It worked well with my Coverfx creme foundation though. Also worked well with my powder foundation (IT Cosmetics)

It does leave face/skin matte. As long as I didn't use it with my MAC foundation, the wear time was great. Did control oil very well...maybe too well as I ended with some dry patches near my eyes and nose.

So I you have really oily skin, this may work for you. It just didn't work for me.

on 8/29/2016 4:53:00 PM

WHERE CAN I START?
I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE MY T ZONE IS VERY OILY AND WHEN MUFE COMES WITH THIS LINE I WAS THE FIRST THAT WANT TO TRY IT
THE FIRST TIME I APLLIED I WAS SO HAPPY BECAUSE I SEE THAT IT REALLY MATTIFIES MY FACE, THEN I APLLY MY FOUNDATION AND I SET EVERYTHING WITH MY LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT POWDER AND I GO FOR SCHOOL
IT PASS 2 HOURS AND I FEEL REALLY OILY MY T ZONE SO I GO TO BATH TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN AND DAMN IT WAS SO OILY AND SHINNING
I DECIDE TO TRY AGAIN TO USE THE PRIMER IN DIFFERENT ENVIROMENTS AND IT WAS THE SAME
I STOP USING THIS UGLY PRODUCT BECAUSE IT DOESNT WORK TO NOTHING