Besame Brightening Vanilla Face Powder

This powder is fantastic. I've been using it to set my foundation over the past few months and I absolutely love it. I'm around NW15 and I have a lot of redness in my skin. Not only does this keep my foundation intact during the day, it helps to correct my redness and keep my skin tone looking even. It also has a brightening effect! To apply, I tap a small amount of powder into the lid and apply using a fluffy brush. This method works well for me. I can't speak for the packaging of the full-size product because I'm currently using a travel size that came in a set. But I will say that I've been using the travel size for a few months now and I've barely made a dent in the product. I imagine the full size with last a very long time. This does have a vanilla scent (which I love) but it disappears pretty quickly.

Overall, I highly recommend this powder. My skin looks beautiful when I have it on and my foundation wears beautifully. I believe the full size costs around $22, which I think is reasonable considering the competition. If you want to sample the product before committing to the full size, I do recommend the trio that Sephora often sells. It comes with the Vanilla Rose powder and the Violet powder, which are great products as well.

Love this powder for counteracting the redness in my skin. I'm very fair NW20 or below, very cool undertones for reference and this powder works very well. I have redness around my nose, chin, and sometimes am just blotchy in general. I apply this with a stipple brush I turn this upside down and tap it a few times to get the product in the cap. Then I just stipple it where I have redness. I like how fine milled and soft this powder is as well.

The packaging is too cute I also own the violet, and vanilla rose powders and love them. I like how I can take this in my bag without having to worry about it spilling. The vintage vibe is groovy as well. The price is ugh but I do enjoy this product and I like how it does brighten and counteract redness in light skintones. I would totally repurchase this. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this every day. Can't leave my undereyes in public without it. Blows away any banana powder. Lasts fooooorevvvver. Buy it and you won't have remorse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok ladies, this is definite HG material here. After a long search, the search is finally over for me. Phenomenal powder! I had to add this to the MUA database because this powder is so wonderful. I am a loose powder junky, I rely on loose powders to set my heavy under eye concealers. I have tried MANY loose powders, including Chanel, Ben Nye, Tonymoly, NARS, Too Faced, MUFE, etc.. I've found that not all high end ones work or look natural. I actually had fairly low expectations but tried this in a moment of desperation, trying to find a setting powder before my sister's wedding and well- I was simply blown away by this! So natural, slight brightening effect, and great for any skin type. I had to "retire" my NARS loose powders because they started to look heavy for my skin type. My skin can no longer handle heavy powders and foundations, as they now look unnatural on me. When my face was fuller I could wear anything, but now I have to be VERY particular. This stuff really does the trick and sets my eyes all day. I think this is especially a must have for anyone with olive toned skin, yellow tones, and those with under eye circles. Btw, I have the NARS lrp (pressed) and I like this better for my yellow/olive undertones. I also own Ben Nye banana powder and this is MUCH MUCH better. More natural looking and a better yellow color. I am in between NC20-NC25 and this looks perfect. The French Vanilla shade is for darker shade complexions. The packaging is also beautiful, and convenient for traveling. It twists shut and includes a powder puff that rests on a flip top. This company really gave the works, love it! It's also reasonably priced at $22 at Sephora. Go get this, you won't regret it! Thanks Besame <3!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This powder was such a lovely unexpected surprise! I'm not exactly the best candidate when it comes to powder products because of my dry skin and I have to search high and low for something that will flatter me, but I actually love this powder. I initially got it because I'm a sucker for anything vanilla-scented and this powder does have a very light scent, so for those who don't like fragrances, it is completely A-OK. I have a very sensitive nose and this doesn't aggravate it. This powder comes in 2 varieties of vanilla (this one and the French Vanilla), in which the French Vanilla will be more suitable for medium to dark complected skin. This plain brightening vanilla one is best for those who are fair to light medium.

In the past I've tried the infamous Ben Nye banana powder, and that stuff is honestly a bit too heavy duty for my liking. It's theatre makeup after all and it's made to last, so if you really struggle with that and oily skin, you should have no problems using it. However, for me it was a bit too cakey on my skin even in small dosages and the bright yellow was a bit too much for my NC20 skin. This powder is WONDERFUL for setting undereye concealer. It really keeps the area as a soft-matte and doesn't look dry, but it is super effective at ensuring my concealer doesn't wear off. You only have to use this sparingly too, which is a major bonus.

The packaging is really cute and has a really strong 30s-40s vintage vanity vibe, as with all Besame products. The tub is small but will work wonderful for travel--I actually feel like the plastic covering that separates the product and sponge works a little too well, because I actually have trouble dispensing product since the lid is such a tight fit! Keep in mind, I also took the whole sticker off instead of cutting it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay I am not over exaggerating when I say this is the best powder ever. I have looked high and low for a powder to set my concealer and I have spent more then 60 dollars on powders claiming to set concealer and to avoid creasing. This powder is heaven sent I have a neutral skin tone and I use the vanilla brightening powder. It helps to keep your concealer from creasing and it lasts all day long I have tested this thing for 15 hours and at the end of the day the concealer looks flawless. I also have very dry under eyes and this is the only thing that doesn't make me look cakey. It's about 27 dollars which is pricey but trust me it's worth it!