4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 years ago

I really wanted to love this product. The concept is good. But after using Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar solution for a week, I find that it is easy to waste by over pumping and have solution squirted everywhere. It takes three or more cotton pads to remove all foundation from my face which feels sore and turns red from all the rubbing and I can feel the burn. It does remove non-waterproof eye makeup but is unable to remove waterproof eye makeup. When I cleanse with this solution followed by moisturizer before bed, my skin breaks out in the morning. It can irritate ultra sensitive skin. It is not effective for everyday cleansing routine but It is good for emergency cleansing for late nights. Update (April 15/2016): After trying other brands of micellar water which I found drying, irritating and caused redness, I repurchased Marcelle 3-in-1 since it is more gentle than some high-end ones. I'm germaphobic so the pump top sealed packaging that prevents product tampering works for me. Yes. I would repurchase and have already bought a backup. Update (May/2016): Actually, after continuing to use this micellar water, my eye lids were swollen especially around inner corners. I also noticed that the eye skin above my lids had become so crepy and wrinkled. It is really noticeable when applying eye shadow. I stopped using this micellar water and returned to SDM and switched to La Roche Posay eye makeup remover and the swelling slowing went away. Not using this product ever.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

5 years ago

I used Bioderma as my starter micellar water and then read online that Marcelle is equally good with a cheaper price. Well, I think it’s hardly any cheaper than an on sale Bioderma, but it certainly gives me more options. Same as Bioderma, it takes 2 cotton pads to completely remove BB cream. With Bioderma, my skin feels a little (only a little) tight after a few minutes without any other product (no rinsing or anything). With Marcelle, the tightness feeling is even weaker. I am now practising no foam cleanser method, and only rinse with water after micellar water, and I don’t feel much different (acne-control wise) from with the additional cleanser, so I guess it proves that micellar water alone is enough for basic cleansing. I will probably try another brand of micellar after Marcelle as I see most brands of micellar water have good reviews. Marcelle has Salycilic Acid listed as the last ingredient, although probably in very small amount, I still don’t know if I want to use it on a daily basis, as I think my skin is over exfoliated from previous acne control products. So far, I prefer Marcelle than Bioderma. Update 8/13/15: I now realize this product has glycerin whereas Bioderma doesn't. That is probably why it doesn't feel tight after using. I have a feeling that all kinds of oil break me out, over time if not immediately, but they are essential in moisturizer. I think I'll get another Bioderma and use these interchangeably.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

LOVE THIS. I picked this up after trying Bioderma (which stung my eyes so badly). I bought the smaller version (150mL), and I love the little pump that comes with it. This only irritates my eyes a little bit if I really rub the solution into my eyes vigorously. Takes about 2 pumps on a cotton pad to get my waterproof mascara off, but I don't mind that at all. I'm definitely buying this again when I run out!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

HG. I use this as a makeup remover before washing with my cleanser. I would never just use micellar solution as a replacement for washing my face, as well as I would never trust a cleanser to completely remove my makeup/sunscreen....but this works perfectly as my step one in my night time cleansing routine. I have used the cult classic Bioderma micellar and I actually prefer this one. This one has better ingredients, its a bit cheaper, and has a nifty pump dispenser! I don't know why there isn't more reviews on this...maybe its only available in Canada?

About reviewer (322 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I used to have oily/combo skin but that changed to dry over the past year, and as such, I've been having a hard time finding products appropriate for my now dry skin. This stuff does a great job of removing makeup & cleansing without being completely drying. I'm also acne prone and this doesn't cause or exasperate breakouts either. I usually follow this up with a cleanser (personal preference) but there have been lazy nights where I've only used this with no issues. Following up with a cleanser really isn't necessary, so while this isn't the most affordable product out there, you may be able to save some cash by only using this and skipping a typical cleanser. This actually leaves skin refreshed, toned and dare I say moisturized? I never get that itchy tight feeling after using this, even if I don't follow up with anything else, at the same time this dries completely and doesn't leave any kind of gross residue on my skin. That said, if you have super dry skin, I would follow up with some kind of moisturizer. I would recommend this product to anyone, but especially those who may have dry / sensitive skin and struggle to find something that doesn't contribute to your dryness. I will repurchase this one for sure.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I have tried several brands of micellar water, and Marcelle works just as well as the more expensive brands (and infinitely better then some cheaper ones!). I wear concealer, waterproof eyeliner, and mascara every day and this easily wipes it all off. I do prefer to wash my face after using even though it claims no rinsing is required, but I have skipped that step and been fine too. I'm on about my sixth bottle and will purchase it again!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this stuff. I've been through many cleansers/makeup removers and this is the only thing that takes off ALL my makeup and doesn't irritate or breakout my skin. Its fairly pricey though... and I do need to use at least 3 saturated cotton rounds to get everything off (but i use a long wearing full coverage foundation). I'm the first one to add it, which scares me; I really hope they don't discontinue it! EDIT: I've used this for a long time now and have a cupboard stalked with backup bottles (i buy the bonus size whenever I see it on sale!). BUT I think it is drying my skin out. While I was travelling, I used something else (wipes) since the bottle is too big for my carry-on liquid limit) and my skin looked much better! It was less dry and I had i didn't get any little breakouts that i usually have to contend with. So i decided to continue using the wipes when I got home and its been two weeks now and my skin is looking and feeling much better. Not as dry or tight after cleansing or throughout the day. This does have salycilic acid so that might be the problem. Might still use once and awhile- maybe in the hot summer months. Also, the lid part tends to break off with frequent use.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral